THE ULTIMATE BARBECUED CHICKEN
For the Ultimate Barbecued Chicken, Tyler Florence first grills the bird, then bastes it in his homemade sauce from Food Network.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the brine, in a mixing bowl combine the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and thyme. Transfer the brine to a 2-gallon sized re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, close the bag and refrigerate 2 hours (if you've only got 15 minutes, that's fine) to allow the salt and seasonings to penetrate the chicken.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Wrap the bacon around the bunch of thyme and tie with kitchen twine so you have a nice bundle. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the thyme and cook slowly 3 to 4 minutes to render the bacon fat and give the sauce a nice smoky taste. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly without coloring for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, give the sauce a stir, and turn the heat down to low. Cook slowly for 20 minutes to meld the flavors. Once the sauce is done cooking, remove about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and reserve for serving along side the chicken at the table. The rest of the barbecue sauce will be used for basing the legs.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor gas or charcoal barbecue to a medium heat. Take a few paper towels and fold them several times to make a thick square. Blot a small amount of oil on the paper towel and carefully and quickly wipe the hot grates of the grill to make a nonstick surface. Take the chicken out of the brine, pat it dry on paper towels. Arrange the chicken pieces on the preheated grill and cook, turn once mid-way, and cook for a total of 10 minutes. Transfer the grill marked chicken to a cookie sheet and then place in the oven. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and then brush liberally, coating every inch of the legs with the barbecue sauce and then return to the oven for 25 to 30 more minutes, basting the chicken for a second time half way through remaining cooking time. Serve with extra sauce.
BEST EVER BBQ CHICKEN
The BBQ sauce on this juicy grilled chicken is out-of-this world! We "wow" people with this recipe every summer during outdoor entertaining. I always double the sauce recipe to have extra on the side for dipping. The original recipe calls for 2 small boiler chickens quartered but we prefer using bone-in, skin on chicken breasts. Slow cooking on the grill gives it the best flavor. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do - it's a favorite at this house.
Provided by DDW7976
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, saute the garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the next 8 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the chicken, covered over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Baste with sauce.
- Grill 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Continue basting and turning during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with any extra sauce you set aside for dipping.
- (The sauce is just that delicious!).
WONDERFUL BBQ CHICKEN
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Pour the wine over the breasts and coat both sides with the wine.
- (You may need to add a bit more wine if necessary) Spice one side of the breasts with the remaining ingredients and then turn them over and spice the other side.
- Place in the fridge for at least 5 hours to marinate- overnight is better.
- Heat your BBQ and cook the chicken until done- don't overcook as the chicken may dry out.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.1, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 93.8, Carbohydrate 2.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 30.5
More about "wonderful bbq chicken recipes"
DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR A …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
THE ONLY BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED
18 TASTY BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES - BEAUTIFUL DAWN DESIGNS
10 BEST LEFTOVER BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
30+ BEST BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES - HOW TO BARBECUE …
BBQ & GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BBQ CHICKEN BREASTS - DAMN DELICIOUS
OUR FAVORITE BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE (SO EASY!) - OH SWEET …
BEST OVEN-BAKED BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE - DELISH
CROCKPOT BBQ CHICKEN - BEST SLOW COOKER PULLED …
BBQ ROASTED CHICKEN - DAMN DELICIOUS
BEST BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE - ONLY 2 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
THE VERY BEST GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN (EASY GRILLED …
OVEN-ROASTED BBQ CHICKEN (THE BEST) | RICARDO
QUICK BBQ CHICKEN - NO GRILL NEEDED! - BUDGET BYTES
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN - ONCE UPON A CHEF
OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN - EASY, FROM SCRATCH! | RECIPETIN EATS
18+ BBQ CHICKEN SIDES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
BAKED BBQ CHICKEN BREASTS (3 INGREDIENTS) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
JUICY GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER BBQ CHICKEN: 17 EASY RECIPES
BEST MEAT RECIPES: WONDERFUL BBQ CHICKEN - BLOGGER
17 GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE DELICIOUS AND EASY
WONDERFUL HOME MADE BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE – RECIPE SAUCE
40 LEFTOVER BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES [WITH PASTA & MORE]
THE BEST GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN - A MIND "FULL" MOM
HOW TO GRILL PERFECT CHICKEN BREASTS ON THE BARBECUE - RICARDO
STICKY BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED BONELESS BBQ CHICKEN BREAST - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
BEST OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
OUR 15 BEST BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
BEST BAKED BBQ CHICKEN (EASY - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
THE BEST BBQ CHICKEN - FOODIECRUSH .COM
40 OF THE BEST BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPES - GOOD FOOD
BBQ SHREDDED CHICKEN - BAKING MISCHIEF
PERFECT GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN • LONGBOURN FARM
THE GOOD DISH HOW TO COOK THE BEST BBQ CHICKEN
OUR FAVORITE BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
10 WONDERFUL WAYS TO BARBECUE CHICKEN - READER'S DIGEST
EASY BBQ CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN (FAMILY FAVORITE!) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
40 BEST BARBECUE CHICKEN RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #barbecue #european #portuguese #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment #grilling
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook barbecue chicken?Barbecue chicken is totally classic but surprisingly difficult to do the right way. This easy recipe utilizes a quick BBQ chicken marinade, a flavorful BBQ chicken dry rub, & indirect grilling, yielding perfectly tender, juicy, & flavorful BBQ chicken every time. The only grilled barbecue chicken recipe you'll need from now on!
What ingredients do you need to make a BBQ chicken?Believe it or not, you can make this incredibly simple BBQ chicken recipe with just five ingredients: store-bought BBQ sauce, honey, ketchup, an onion, and chicken breast halves. <p>Here's another easy BBQ chicken recipe to make in your trusty slow cooker. "This recipe was so easy to make," says reviewer Melissa Ankney.
What's the best barbecue sauce for grilled chicken?—Sue Thomas, Spartanburg, South Carolina Spicy barbecue sauce blends with sweet pineapple in this quick-to-fix chicken dish. It's tasty enough for a company dinner; just add a salad and rolls. —Mary Zawlocki, Gig Harbor, Washington If you love Dr Pepper as much as I do, try it in my barbecue sauce for grilled chicken.
How do you make skin-on BBQ chicken?If you’d like to make skin-on BBQ chicken, simply trim off any excess skin or fat. Dry rub: Add all listed ingredients to a small bowl or jar. Stir to combine. Set aside, or store on your spice rack in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Brine the chicken: Add the beer (or buttermilk) to a large bowl or ziptop bag.