APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE
Nothing says "fall" quite like an apple cider doughnut, and with this easy bundt, you get a crowd-friendly version of everyone's favorite seasonal treat. The yellow cake batter gets an apple infusion with cider and shredded apples before being baked and finished with a double sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, apple cider, 1/2 cup melted butter, the eggs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and the nutmeg with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in apples. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let stand 20 minutes; run metal spatula around outer and inside edges of pan to loosen cake. Remove from pan to cooling rack; place cooling rack over waxed paper.
- Brush top and sides of cake with 3 tablespoons melted butter. In small bowl, mix sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until blended. Press 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture up side and top of cake with hand. Let stand 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining cinnamon mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 360 mg, Sugar 23 g, TransFat 0 g
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE
This flexible cake recipe is ideal for baking on the weekend and then eating a slice every evening (or morning) throughout the week.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Yield 8 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 325°F. Lightly butter an 8½x4½" or 9x5" loaf pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on both long sides. Bring cider to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cider is reduced to ¾ cup, 8-10 minutes. Pour ¼ cup reduced cider into a small measuring glass or bowl and set aside. Transfer remaining reduced cider to a small bowl and let cool 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and vanilla and set aside.
- Melt 8 Tbsp. butter in same saucepan (no need to clean) over low heat. Let cool slightly. Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ¼ tsp. nutmeg in a medium bowl to combine. Vigorously whisk eggs and ¾ cup (150 g) sugar in a large bowl until pale, voluminous, and frothy, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, gradually add melted butter in a steady stream; continue to whisk until fully combined and emulsified (no spots of fat should remain). Reserve saucepan. Whisk dry ingredients into egg mixture in 3 additions, alternating with reserved sour cream mixture in 2 additions; whisk just until no lumps remain. Batter will be thin. Scrape into pan and set on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake cake, rotating halfway through, until deep golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-80 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and poke top of cake all over with a toothpick. Spoon 3 Tbsp. reserved reduced cider over; let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix a big pinch of salt, remaining ¼ cup (50 g) sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ¼ tsp. nutmeg in a small bowl. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in reserved saucepan and mix into remaining 1 Tbsp. reduced cider.
- Using parchment paper, lift cake onto rack and set rack inside rimmed baking sheet. Peel away parchment from sides. Brush warm butter mixture over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar mixture to coat every surface (use parchment to help rotate cake and collect any excess sugar). Remove parchment and let cool completely before slicing.
- Do Ahead: Cake can be made 4 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
GLAZED APPLE CIDER CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup apple cider, eggs, butter, and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl; mix until smooth. Pour batter into the tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and 3/4 cup apple cider together in a small bowl to make the glaze.
- Pour glaze over the cake and let soak into the cake and down the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. Invert onto a plate and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.5 calories, Carbohydrate 52.1 g, Cholesterol 82.3 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 455.5 mg, Sugar 41.2 g
HONEY APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
This is a super easy, super tasty vinaigrette to use on any salad. It's customizable to your own tastes, and uses fairly simple ingredients that are already available in most home pantries.
Provided by Kim
Categories Vinaigrette Dressing
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper in a small jar. Place lid on tightly and shake until ingredients are well combined. Pour in olive oil, and shake jar again to combine.
- Use immediately or keep extra stored in the fridge. Shake jar again before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 183.8 mg
APPLE-CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE
If you love the apple-cider doughnuts often sold at farmers' markets, you'll love this cake! Baked in a Bundt pan, it's essentially a giant cakey doughnut, made a little more wholesome with whole-wheat flour. A blend of olive oil and applesauce helps keep it moist. This classic fall dessert recipe appears in our cookbook, "A New Way to Bake" (Clarkson Potter). Martha also made this recipe on "Martha Bakes" episode 802.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 10-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar, cider, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; whisk until combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet; let cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Invert warm cake onto rack. Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Let cool completely before serving. Cake can be stored, covered, at room temperature up to 2 days.
More about "apple cider doughnut loaf cake recipes"
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (319)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8
MOIST APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE!
5/5 (2)Calories 307 per servingCategory Breakfast
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE | KICKASS BAKER
Cuisine AmericanCalories 266 per servingServings 10
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DELICIOUS APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE » AMISH RECIPE
APPLE CIDER CAKE DONUT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE - HOUSE & HOME
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - THEKITCHENSINKBLOG.COM
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE - THE CLASSY BAKER
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF | THEBROOKCOOK
EASY APPLE CIDER POUND CAKE LOAF - CRAZY FOR CRUST
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE WITH A CINNAMON SUGAR COATING
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE FOR JERSEY POCKETS - LENTINEALEXIS
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - SHIRLEY COOKING
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE BEST RECIPES
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE – BROKEN OVEN BAKING COMPANY
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE | LOAF CAKE, LOAF CAKE RECIPES, …
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE | PUNCHFORK
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE FROM SCRATCH! - CHENéE TODAY
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE - CAMBREA BAKES
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - FOR THE LOVE OF MARY
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - OAKY LOVES FOOD
APPLE CIDER DONUT BREAD | BAKING IT BEAUTIFUL
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE WITH BROWN BUTTER. - HOW SWEET EATS
APPLE CIDER DONUT POUND CAKE LOAF - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE - KITCHN
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - SAVORING ITALY
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE | CHRISTINA TOSI | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
APPLE CIDER DONUT LOAF CAKE RECIPE - THE CLASSY BAKER
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - MARTINELLI'S
APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
GLUTEN FREE APPLE CIDER DONUT CAKE - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE | RECIPE | RECIPES, DESSERTS, LOAF …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is an apple cider Donut loaf cake?The distinctive Fall flavor of apple cider is so delicious when baked into an Apple Cider Donut Loaf Cake! This loaf cake takes inspiration from your favorite fall donut recipe, using apple cider in multiple ways to keep this loaf cake flavorful and super moist.
How do you make a loaf of bread with apple cider?In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add half of it to the bowl of batter and whisk until just combined. Then mix in the reduced apple cider. Finish the batter by whisking in the other half of the dry ingredients until just combined. STEP FOUR: Bake the loaf.
How do you make apple cider doughnuts?The butter and cinnamon-sugar finish really gives this that "cider doughnut" feel. Pour apple cider into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, without stirring, until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. While cider reduces, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
How do you make a cinnamon cake with apple cider butter?In a separate bowl, mix together the ¼ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Spoon the apple cider butter mixture over the top of the cake. Then sprinkle the top generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow the cake to cool completely in the loaf pan. Remove by lifting out of the pan using the parchment overhang.