APPLE PIE FROM SCRATCH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: flour, salt, butter, ice water, granny smith apple, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon, egg, sugar, vanilla ice cream
Provided by Alix Traeger
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with fork until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork. Mixture will still have lumps about the size of small peas.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, but if the dough is too dry then add more. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Work into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
- Peel the apples, then core and slice.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon.
- Mix until combined and all apples are coated. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges. Trim extra if necessary.
- Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
- Roll the other half of the dough on top.
- Trim the extra dough from the edges and pinch the edges to create a crimp. Make sure edges are sealed together.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent.
- Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and no greyish or undercooked pastry remains.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with ice cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 27 grams
APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST BAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: french bread, granny smith apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream
Provided by Nathan Ng
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut the bread into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) cubes.
- Dice peeled apples into small bite-size pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread, apples, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture into the bread bowl.
- Give the ingredients a good stir, then pour into a 9x13-inch (33 cm X 23 cm) greased baking tray.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671 calories, Carbohydrate 115 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 25 grams, Sugar 66 grams
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, medium grated apple, butter, breads, almond and cashew, maple syrup
Provided by Rishika Datla
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add ¾ of the grated apple to the egg mixture and fold it in.
- Coat bread slices with the egg and apple mixture. Pan fry in butter on medium flame for about 1 minute on each side (or until nicely toasted).
- Serve with the remaining grated apple, crushed nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 730 calories, Carbohydrate 103 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 36 grams
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 pieces of toast
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove the skin from the Granny Smith apple. Chop the apple into small, thin pieces. Place the apples in a small bowl and squeeze some lemon juice over them to keep them from browning. In a small pan add the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Original Soft Spread, brown sugar, Saigon cinnamon and Allspice. Set the pan over medium-high heat and stir. Once the spread has melted add in the apple pieces. Continue to cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Put all of the Cinnamon Spread ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Lightly coat both sides of the bread with the Cinnamon Spread, then place in a large pan.
- Toast bread in the pan over medium heat, turning it over every 1-2 minutes until both sides are evenly toasted.
- When toasted, remove the bread from the pan and set on a plate. Top with the apple mixture.
- Optional - Top with chopped walnuts, raisins and/or whipped cream.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories 350, Calories From Fat 160, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 17g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Sugars 31g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%
BAKED CARAMEL-APPLE FRENCH TOAST
Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
Provided by Joan Rembacz
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut bread into 1 1/2 inch thick slices and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs with 1 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup white sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
- Arrange apple slices on top of bread. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons white sugar over apples. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake toast in preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, flour, and margarine. Stir in brown sugar, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 2 teaspoons vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook until thick. Serve French toast hot with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361 calories, Carbohydrate 57.3 g, Cholesterol 93.8 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 385.1 mg, Sugar 32.5 g
FRENCH-STYLE APPLE TART (TARTE TATIN) RECIPE BY TASTY
- Using a 9-inch (23 cm) flat-sided cake pan as a template, cut a circle out from the puff pastry. Using a fork, poke holes all over to provide ventilation. Set aside.
- Peel and quarter the apples, using a spoon or melon baller to remove the cores.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, distribute the water and sugar evenly and cook until light amber in color, stirring to help melt any lumps, 5-7 minutes. Add the butter, stirring constantly until the color is a creamy light brown. Add the apples, stirring until they are coated in a thick layer of caramel.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning the apples constantly so that they bathe in the caramel. Remove from the heat when the caramel has reduced and little remains in the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to burn the caramel, tasting it from time to time to ensure it does not taste bitter.
- Arrange the apple slices in concentric circles on the bottom of the cake pan. Press the apples tightly against each other, then pour the remaining caramel over the top.
- Lay the circle of puff pastry on top. Tuck the puff pastry down the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and firm. Cool for about 1 hour, then invert onto a plate.
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 14 grams
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST
- Place apples in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth. Return saucepan to low heat; stir in brown sugar, white sugar, and water until sugars dissolve and mixture is smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium; cook and stir mixture until boiling. Reduce heat to low and add apples. Simmer mixture until apples are cooked but slightly tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Dip bread slices into egg mixture until completely coated.
- Grease heated griddle with frozen butter. Cook dipped bread slices on the hot buttered griddle until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining frozen butter and dipped bread. Serve French toast with apple mixture ladled over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567.5 calories, Carbohydrate 62.5 g, Cholesterol 270.9 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 635.3 mg, Sugar 31.8 g
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC FRENCH TOAST RECIPE BY TASTY
This iconic dish is all about the details. While french toast might seem simple, looks can be deceiving. To get that perfectly crispy exterior and creamy, silky custard on the inside we spent weeks eating tons of butter, bread, and syrup to discover the best classic french toast recipe. The end result is indulgent, delicious, and most importantly, easy to make. What's not to love?
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat a nonstick electric griddle to 300°F (150°C). (Alternatively, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined. Add the milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla bean paste and whisk until completely combined.
- Working in batches, dip each slice of challah in the custard, letting soak for 20-60 seconds on each side, until fully saturated but not soggy.
- Lightly grease the griddle with butter. Once melted, add the soaked challah on the griddle and cook, without disturbing, until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Use a flat spatula to flip the bread and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown, 2 minutes more. Wipe the pan clean between batches and add more butter as needed.
- Serve the French toast with a pat of butter, a drizzle of warm maple syrup, a sprinkle of flaky salt, and berries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 11 grams
BAKED APPLE FRENCH TOAST
This is a simply wonderful brunch recipe that tastes special and will have your guests asking for seconds. I serve it with whipped topping, maple syrup and additional nuts. Some people say it tastes good enough to be dessert! -Beverly Johnston, Rubicon, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Arrange 10 slices of bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with pie filling; top with remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Meanwhile, place brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and corn syrup. Sprinkle over French toast. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526 calories, Fat 24g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 463mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (37g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
More about "apple pie french toast recipe by tasty"
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST | FOODLAND ONTARIO
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BAKED APPLE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
APPLE RECIPES | PINTEREST
BAKED APPLE FRENCH TOAST – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE | BAKED BY RACHEL
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - FOOD WITH FEELING
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST BAKE (CASSEROLE) - CAFE DELITES
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - CLOSET COOKING
OVERNIGHT CINNAMON APPLE FRENCH TOAST BAKE - DAMN DELICIOUS
APPLE PIE FILLING FRENCH TOAST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - LOVEFOODIES
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE – A SPICE AFFAIR.
OVERNIGHT APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST BAKE - ALL SHE COOKS
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST TASTY RECIPES
FRENCH APPLE PIE SHOP - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | SUGAR AND SOUL CO
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - FOX AND BRIAR
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RECIPE OF PERFECT APPLE PIE (FRENCH TOAST)
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST -A DELICIOUS FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST A NEW TAKE ON BREAKFAST - JENAHOWARD
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS - MY ROI LIST
RECIPE: YUMMY APPLE PIE (FRENCH TOAST) - DINRECIPES
EASY APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS – BEST HOMEMADE APPLE PIE …
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
BREAKFAST APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
OVERNIGHT APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
BEST APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - HUG FOR YOUR BELLY
JUST EGG FRENCH TOAST - CHELSEA PEACHTREE
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST BREAKFAST RECIPE - EAT TRAVEL LIFE
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IT IN 16 …
FRENCH TOAST BAKE APPLE BREAKFAST RECIPE - PIP AND EBBY
ALL-AMERICAN APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST - PLANTSTRONG FOODS
APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
OVERNIGHT APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST BAKE - SO MUCH FOOD
APPLE FRENCH TOAST BAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BAKED APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
You'll also love