- Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Arrange an even, thin layer of spinach atop the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each. Beginning at the short tapered end, roll up each chicken cutlet as for a jellyroll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice, and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Simmer the cooking liquid over high heat until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup, about 5 minutes. Season the cooking liquid with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove toothpicks from the chicken. Drizzle the reduced cooking liquid over the chicken and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 calorie, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 63 milligrams, Sodium 700 milligrams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 1 grams
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA WITH ROASTED POTATOES AND CRISPY KALE
Fancy enough for company but easy enough for a weeknight, this complete Italian-inspired meal is cooked on two baking sheets, making cleanup a breeze.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 425°F. Arrange chicken cutlets in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet and season with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place 1 sage leaf on top of each cutlet, then wrap each in 1 slice of prosciutto, starting from the top and wrapping in a single layer, making sure cutlet stays flat.
- Finely chop remaining 4 sage leaves and toss with potatoes, garlic, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper on second rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook chicken in upper third of oven and potatoes in lower third until prosciutto is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk anchovies, vinegar, honey, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl; add kale and toss to coat.
- Remove both baking sheets from oven; let chicken rest. Spread kale evenly over potatoes and return to upper third of oven. Roast until potatoes are tender and kale is browned at edges, about 5 minutes more.
- Divide chicken among 4 plates. Serve potatoes and kale alongside.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. In shallow dish, mix flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until browned on outside and no longer pink in center. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice prosciutto and 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Cover skillet tightly; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle sage over chicken. Remove chicken from skillet to serving platter; cover loosely with tent of foil, being careful not to let foil touch cheese.
- Increase heat to high. Add broth to skillet. Heat to boiling, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil about 3 minutes or until broth is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; beat in butter. Spoon over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 52 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1130 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
THE BEST CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spread the flour on a plate and dredge each breast, coating evenly and shaking off the excess. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter with the olive oil until very hot. Add the chicken breasts and cook until the undersides are golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and continue to cook until they feel firm when pressed in the centers, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Reduce the heat to very low. Sprinkle the breasts evenly with the chopped or dried sage. Top each breast with a piece of prosciutto, then divide the cheese slices evenly among the breasts. Cover the pan tightly and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil, being careful not to allow the foil to touch the cheese.
- Increase the heat to high. When the pan is sizzling, add the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits stuck on the pan bottom. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 1 Tbs. butter.
- Spoon an equal amount of the sauce over each breast, then garnish with a sage leaf. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435, Fat 20, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 146.6, Sodium 378.7, Carbohydrate 9.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.8, Protein 43.6
SAGE & PROSCIUTTO CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA
The Italian word "saltimbocca" means to "jump" into one's mouth. This wonderful dish fulfills the promise with prosciutto and fresh sage leaves. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl; set aside. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper; top each breast half with 2 sage leaves and 2 slices prosciutto, pressing to adhere. Dip chicken sides only in flour to coat., In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat; cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm., In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth, lemon juice, wine and remaining flour; add to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken. Top chicken with lemon and sage if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Fat 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128 mg cholesterol, Sodium 1070 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 43 g protein.
SANDY'S CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA
Try this and you'll know why they call it saltimbocca--Italian for 'jump in your mouth.' It's kind of like it jumps right off of your plate. Though it's traditionally made with veal, I made it with chicken. Quick, easy, and so delicious!
Provided by SandyG
Number Of Ingredients 9
- If cutlets are thick, lay them between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/2-inch thickness with flat side of a meat mallet or bottom of a small, heavy skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put 2 large (or 5 small) sage leaves on top of each cutlet, then wrap 2 slices of prosciutto crosswise around each cutlet, holding sage in place.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 cutlets and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and remaining 4 cutlets.
- Add wine to skillet and simmer, scraping up any browned bits, 1 minute. Add broth and simmer until slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter, and swirl skillet until butter has melted and sauce is creamy. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over each cutlet and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 116.1 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 693.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Saltimbocca's name means to "jump in the mouth" with flavor. It is a restaurant dish, but at home on a weeknight, a chicken breast version makes a very tasty facsimile. Pound the chicken and marinate it in a mixture of chopped sage, garlic and olive oil, then brown it quickly before it goes under the broiler with cheese and a slice of prosciutto. Fried sage leaves make a savory garnish. There's no sauce. Wilted spinach is the best accompaniment by far. Actually, it fits right in with the current nostalgic trend toward retro Italian-American cooking.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken to flatten a bit. Salt and pepper each piece on both sides and place on a platter. Sprinkle with chopped sage, garlic, red pepper flakes (if using) and olive oil. Massage in the seasoning to distribute, cover and marinate at room temperature for one hour, or refrigerate for up to several hours.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil looks wavy, add the sage leaves and let them crisp for about 30 seconds. Remove and drain.
- Brown the chicken breasts in the oil for about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a baking dish large enough to fit them in one layer.
- Top each piece with 2 sage leaves, a slice of prosciutto and a slice of fontina. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling. Garnish with remaining sage leaves.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 264, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 33 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 405 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Place 1 ham slice over each chicken breast and fasten with toothpicks. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat and fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost cooked through (juices run clear).
- Pour wine over chicken and allow to evaporate; place 1 cheese slice over each chicken breast and cover skillet. Cook until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.6 g, Cholesterol 144.8 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Protein 36.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 701.2 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA
- Preheat oven to 400degrees.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top chicken with prosciutto, then 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve over hot spaghetti tossed with remaining heated sauce. Sprinkle, if desired, with parmesan cheese shavings.
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA WITH SAGE
An Italian favorite that can be found at many trattoria's, saltimbocca is pretty easy to make at home, too. We opted for chicken breasts over the more traditional veal, but still kept them wrapped up in a tasty blanket of fresh sage leaves and thin slices of prosciutto. Round out this simple weeknight meal with a side of steamed squash or a Tomato Salad with Lemon and Mint.
Provided by Shira Bocar
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fried Sage: In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium‐high. Add sage leaves and fry until crisp, 10 to 15 seconds. Drain on paper towels and season with salt; set aside.
- Chicken Saltimbocca: Butterfly and pound chicken breasts 1/4 inch thick. Lightly season with salt and pepper; top each with 2 fresh sage leaves. Wrap each with a prosciutto slice. Dredge both sides of wrapped breast in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium‐high. Add 2 chicken breasts and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. (If pan drippings are becoming too dark, wipe out pan.) Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken.
- Remove skillet from heat; slowly add wine and broth. Return to high heat and cook, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; swirl in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce onto plates; top with chicken and scatter with fried sage.
CHICKEN ITALIAN STYLE SALTIMBOCCA
- Slighly pound the chicken breasts to make even.
- Sprinkle with the basil and some black pepper.
- Place slice of ham over top of each.
- Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Place melted butter in a dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the romano cheese and parsley.
- Dip each breast roll into the melted butter, the roll into crumbs mixture to coat evenly.
- Place each in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes-- until golden--.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.4, Fat 21.9, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 115, Sodium 224.8, Carbohydrate 4.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 31.7
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA BAKE
Try our chicken saltimbocca bake for a special meal that's quick to prepare and packs in lots of flavour. You really can't go wrong with this traybake
Provided by Cassie Best
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slice the potatoes lengthways to about the thickness of a £1 coin and tip into a large roasting tin. Add half the oil and the garlic cloves (unpeeled), then season and toss to coat. Spread to an even layer, then scatter with the olives and pour over the marsala along with 100ml water.
- Tear the prosciutto strips in half. Open up the chicken thighs and season. Put a sage leaf on top of each piece, then wrap loosely with a strip of prosciutto. Lay the wrapped chicken on top of the potatoes, then cook in the oven for 35 mins.
- Trim away the stem ends of the green beans, toss in the remaining oil and seasoning, then place in little bundles around the chicken, along with a few more sage leaves. Return the tin to the oven for 15-20 mins until the beans are tender, and the potatoes and chicken are cooked through and crisping at the edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 40 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein
More about "baked chicken saltimbocca recipes"
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - DELISH
Cuisine ItalianCategory Easy Chicken, Dinner, Main DishServings 4Total Time 50 mins
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - COOKING FOR KEEPS
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 559 per serving
- Cut the fontina into four rectangles. Use a sharp pairing knife to cut a small slit in the thickest part of the top of the chicken. Gently use the knife (while it's in the slit) to create a pocket inside the chicken, but be sure you don't cut all the way through to the sides of the chicken. Stuff the chicken with the fontina. Place three sage leaves on top of the chicken and then wrap with a piece of prosciutto.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium heat. Once it's hot, add the butter and olive oil. Swirl the pan to coat. Place the chicke in the pan sage-side down and sear until the chicken is golden brown and the prosciutto is crisp, it should take about 5 minutes. The chicken will release easily when it's ready to flip. Flip the chicken over and sear on the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the marsala wine. Simmer for 1 minute. Add lemon, chicken stock, and salt. Stir. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the chicken back to the pan. Turn the heat off and transfer the chicken to the oven. Bake another 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through - it's fully cooked when the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
10 BEST CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA WITH PROSCIUTTO RECIPES
ROLLED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
GUY FIERI'S CHICKEN RIGATONI SALTIMBOCCA BAKE RECIPE
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - LIDIA BASTIANICH | FOOD
5/5 (353)Category Meat + Poultry
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place 2 sage leaves on each breast. Top with a slice of prosciutto, trimming it to fit. Press the prosciutto to help it adhere to the chicken. Dust the chicken with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet. Add the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add 2 of the breasts, prosciutto side up, and cook over high heat until nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook just until the prosciutto begins to shrink, about 1 minute. Transfer the chicken to a plate; repeat with the remaining chicken. Pour off any fat and wipe out the skillet.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. Add the wine and cook over high heat until reduced by half, 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half, 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, prosciutto side up, and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to plates, pour the sauce on top and serve.
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 50 mins
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE AN ITALIAN CLASSIC - CHEF DENNIS
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - FOOD WITH FEELING
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - INSPIRED CUISINE
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED BAKED CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA ROLLUPS – BON APPETIT BABY!
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PESTO CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA WITH BURST TOMATOES AND BURRATA.
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BAKED PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA (PALEO, WHOLE30, …
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - RECIPE GIRL
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - GREG FLY
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - ITALIAN KITCHEN CONFESSIONS
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BASIL CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA WITH MARINATED TOMATOES
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - SLENDER KITCHEN
BAKED CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES
LIGHTER CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - SKINNYTASTE
HOW TO COOK LEMONY CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA | COOKING LIGHT
BEST CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN …
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - PROSCIUTTO AND SAGE - SIP AND FEAST
EASY CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA | WILLIAMS SONOMA
EASIEST CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA - GLUTEN-FREE - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
BEST CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN …
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
BEST CAPRESE CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN …
CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
You'll also love