ROASTED BEETS AND CARROTS WITH HONEY-BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Toss carrots with oil and put in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place beets in the preheated oven and roast for 1 hour. Add carrots to the oven and roast alongside the beets for another 30 minutes. Remove beets and set aside to cool. Check carrots to see if they are tender; roast up to 20 minutes more if necessary.
- Peel and chop beets into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add beets and carrots, and simmer until sauce is thickened and vegetables are glazed, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 151.5 mg, Sugar 21.6 g
HONEY-BALSAMIC GLAZED ROASTED BEETS & CARROTS
Packed with color and flavor, these beautiful roasted beets and carrots in a honey-balsamic glaze are the perfect complement to any meal. Don't let cooking with beets intimidate you! When selecting your beets, choose those that weigh about 6 ounces each for ease of roasting and peeling. Prior to serving your balsamic beets and carrots, consider sprinkling gorgonzola or goat cheese on top for a creamy, cheesy flavor.
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place 20x12-inch piece of heavy duty foil on work surface; place beets in center of foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Turn beets to coat in oil, then fold foil over beets, and tightly close foil to seal. Place foil-wrapped beets on rimmed baking sheet. Roast 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until very tender when pierced with paring knife. Carefully open foil, and transfer beets to cutting board. Reserve baking sheet. Let beets stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Peel, then cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, cut carrots crosswise into 3-inch pieces, then quarter or halve if thin. In medium bowl, mix carrots, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Place carrots on baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until tender and browned on edges.
- In small microwavable bowl or measuring cup, mix balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper. Microwave uncovered on High heat 2 to 3 minutes, checking every 30 seconds after 2 minutes, until mixture is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Transfer beets to serving platter, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with carrots. Drizzle vegetables with honey-balsamic glaze, then top with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize About 1 Cup, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 14 g, TransFat 0 g
ROASTED BALSAMIC BEETS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and peel the beets. Slice each beet in quarters lengthwise, and then slice each quarter into three chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the beets on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar, and then add salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat the beets.
- Cover with more foil and roll the edges of the two layers to create a pouch for the beets. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the oven, and raise the temperature to 400 degrees. Take off the top layer of foil (watch out for steam!), and stir to mix the juices. Return to the oven and continue to cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold, or add to a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.1, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 64, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 5.5, Protein 1.3
SLOW-COOKER BALSAMIC-GLAZED BEETS
For a tangy, full-of-flavor side dish, try these simple slow-cooked beets. Sprinkled with toasted walnuts and goat cheese, they add a special touch to dinnertime.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix beets, apple juice, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle walnuts in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until nuts begin to brown, then stirring constantly until nuts are light brown. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir into beets in slow cooker. Cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with cheese and toasted walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 5 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (About 1/2 Cup), Sodium 450 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
- In a large saucepan cover beets with salted water by 1 inch. Simmer beets, covered, 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender, and drain in a colander. Cool beets until they can be handled and slip off skins and stems. Cut beets lengthwise into wedges. Beets may be prepared up to this point 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring beets to room temperature before proceeding.
- In a large skillet stir together vinegar, syrup or honey, and oil and add beets. Cook beet mixture with salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until heated through and coated well. Sprinkle about half of thyme over beets and toss gently.
- Serve beets sprinkled with remaining thyme.
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line pan with aluminum foil
- Peel and cut cooked beets: After the beets have cooled for several minutes, but are still warm to the touch, peel off the outer skins and discard. Cut the beets into quarters or more bite-sized pieces.
- Pour glaze over beets: Place beets in a serving bowl. Pour balsamic glaze over the beets. Stir in grated orange zest, and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a little orange zest to serve. Links: Hate 'em or Love 'em Beets? from White on Rice Couple
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 164 mg, Sugar 12 g, Fat 1 g, ServingSize Serves 6 to 8, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
ROASTED BEETS WITH HONEY BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Trim & scrub beets leaving root & 1" stem intact. Place on a sheet of foil, drizzle with 1/2 TB olive oil & wrap loosely but tightly(seal edges). Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour & let cool enough to handle.
- Remove stems & roots, peel & slice beets. Place in bowl.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Pour over beets.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.9, Fat 26.4, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 207.4, Carbohydrate 29.9, Fiber 4, Sugar 25.7, Protein 3.5
This glaze is a must-have accompaniment to drizzle over fish, poultry, vegetables, pastas, salads, and even fruit. It can turn any dish from ordinary to extraordinary with its perfectly balanced, intense flavor of sweet and tangy. It adds a beautiful, deep pop of color to any dish to create a perfect, professional presentation. I make a large batch and have it on hand in the fridge at all times. Once you start adding this glaze to dishes you will become addicted and crave its intense flavor.
Provided by Sally J.
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 15.4 mg, Sugar 17.7 g
More about "balsamic glazed beets recipes"
BALSAMIC-GLAZED ROASTED BEETS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory SaladsCalories 97 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the leafy stems and roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Place the cut beets on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, tossing once with a spatula midway through, until the beets are tender when pierced with a thin-bladed knife.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and maple syrup in a small, shallow sauté pan. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is just slightly thickened and lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. It should be reduced by about half (or to about 3 tablespoons). Pay close attention and be sure not to over-reduce it; it goes from sweet and syrupy to burnt and hard very quickly.
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS | RECIPE
ROASTED RED AND YELLOW BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETROOT | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory Side, VegetablesCalories 81 per serving
- To cook fresh beetroot, bring a pot of water to boil, then place beetroot in the water and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small frying pan or saucepan over medium high heat.
BALSAMIC AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED BEETS RECIPE - THE …
3.9/5 (14)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 209 per serving
ROASTED BEETS W/ BALSAMIC GLAZE-EVERYDAY HEALTHY! EVERYDAY …
BALSAMIC-GLAZED BEETS WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPE
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS & GREENS – SLY ROOSTER
ROASTED BEETS WITH A BALSAMIC ORANGE GLAZE - MY RECIPE …
BALSAMIC-GLAZED CANDY CANE BEETS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
ROASTED BALSAMIC BEETS | MCCORMICK GOURMET
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
RECIPE: ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE | RECIPES
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
MAPLE AND BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - WHATTOMUNCH.COM
BALSAMIC-GLAZED BEETS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
ROASTED GOLDEN BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE - HIP FOODIE MOM
ROASTED GOLDEN BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE | FARM & LARDER
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
FRIED BEETS WITH GINGER BALSAMIC GLAZE - RAMSHACKLE PANTRY
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE - BACK TO HER ROOTS
OVEN ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE - LONGBOURN FARM
RECIPE: HONEY GINGER BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - KITCHN
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BALSAMIC-GLAZED ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ROASTED BEETS RECIPE WITH BALSAMIC ROSEMARY GLAZE - DR. AXE
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS & GREENS | FARMBELLY
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETROOTS (BEETS) RECIPE
TRADER JOE S BALSAMIC GLAZE BEST RECIPES
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - SPITFIRE GOURMET
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS | LAURA FUENTES
ROASTED BEETS WITH HONEY BALSAMIC GLAZE - LESLIE BECK
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - THE OLIVE GROVE OLIVE OIL COMPANY
BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BALSAMIC GLAZED ROASTED BEETS - ISABEL SMITH NUTRITION
BALSAMIC-GLAZED ROASTED BEETS: DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS - HUFFPOST
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS | ALSTEDE FARMS | NJ
SMOKED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE & HERBED CHEVRE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you cook beets for balsamic glaze?Cut the beets into 1 1/2-inch chunks, and then toss them on a foil-lined baking sheet with olive oil and kosher salt. Roast in a 400-degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a thin-bladed knife. In the meantime, make the balsamic glaze.
How do I Cook beets&carrots in balsamic vinegar?Remove beets and set aside to cool. Check carrots to see if they are tender; roast up to 20 minutes more if necessary. Peel and chop beets into 1-inch pieces. Combine balsamic vinegar and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add beets and carrots, and simmer until sauce is thickened and vegetables are glazed, 5 to 10 minutes.
How to cook fresh beets in the oven?Place the cut beets on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, tossing once with a spatula midway through, until the beets are tender when pierced with a thin-bladed knife. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and maple syrup in a small, shallow sauté pan.
What does balsamic glazed beets taste like?The beets are very flavorful: sweet and sour. The balsamic vinegar brings out the flavor of the beets. I served the Balsamic-Glazed Roasted Beets (onceuponachef.com) with Seared Swordfish with Tomato-Saffron Coulis (recipe at food52.com). This dinner is an excellent combination of flavors and is a colorful presentation on the plate.