OVEN BEEF AND POTATO STEW
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in a resealable plastic bag; place beef into bag in batches, shaking to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate. Pour red wine into Dutch oven, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Return beef cubes to Dutch oven and add water, tomato soup, potatoes, corn, onion, beef stock concentrate, mushrooms, carrots, celery, vegetable soup mix, and basil; bring to a boil.
- Cover and transfer Dutch oven to preheated oven; bake for about 1 hour. Add beef stock to pot, if needed. Continue to bake until beef is very tender, about 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.4 g, Cholesterol 40.2 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 3918.8 mg, Sugar 12.8 g
BEEF STEW WITH POTATO DUMPLINGS
Meet the Cook: You could call me a "recipe tinkerer". It's fun to take a recipe, substitute ingredients, add seasonings to spice it up and make the final result my own! -Shawn Asiala, Boca Raton, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 24
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add meat, a few pieces at a time; toss to coat. , In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions in oil until the meat is browned on all sides and onions are tender. Stir in the broth, water, vinegar, carrots and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender. Discard bay leaves. , In a large bowl, beat egg; add the crumbs, flour, parsley, onion and seasonings. Stir in potatoes. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Dust with flour. Bring stew to a boil; drop dumplings onto stew. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes (do not lift cover). Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487 calories, Fat 18g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 1486mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES
This stew is sure to warm up your family on even the coolest winter days. It is very hearty and goes well with a slice of homemade bread.-Virginia Brown, Hudson, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven or baking dish, layer the first 12 ingredients; pour tomato juice over all. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
BRISKET AND POTATO STEW
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until onion is translucent, 5 minutes. Add flour and stir to coat. Stirring constantly, slowly add broth and 2 cups water. Add potatoes and bring to a boil over high; reduce to a rapid simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots and potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Add brisket and peas and cook until heated through, 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 44 g
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES
- Place beef in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in flour to dredge the beef.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cardamom, bay leaf, and beef. Increase heat to medium and cook until meat turns from red to pinkish-brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot; stir and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock and cook until beef is no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat sunflower oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Lower potatoes carefully into the hot oil and fry until tender on the inside, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add potatoes to the beef-tomato mixture and cook for 2 more minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.3 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 59.1 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 128.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
NIKUJAGA - BEEF AND POTATO STEW
This recipe is a traditional Japanese beef stew serve in the winter for dinner. It is slightly sweet to the Japanese taste.
Provided by Chef Milt
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- You can have the butcher at the market slice the beef very thin.
- Start by sauting the onion and beef in the vergatable oil. Then add the Soy Suace, brown sugar and white wine. Layer the potatoes on top of the beef and onions and cover with the water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the potatoes a tender. You can cook with the lid off for 10 minutes to get a thicker stew.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.4, Fat 20.3, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 24.9, Sodium 519.7, Carbohydrate 25.4, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 9.6, Protein 5.1
BEEF AND POTATO STEW
A hearty simple recipe cooked on the stove on those cold winters nights in many UK homes. More often than not this would be made with "old" potatoes peeled and cut into chunks but this time I've give it a little twist by using new potatoes.
Provided by AskCy
Yield 4 small servings, 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Gently soften the onions in a large deep pan.
- Add the carrots and allow to soften a little.
- Add the beef and allow to colour.
- Stir in the chopped garlic, pepper and celery salt cooking in for a minute.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add the peas.
- Add the stock and simmer for a good hour (the longer the better).
- To thicken the gravy, mix cornflour with a little cold water and mix into a paste, add this into the gravy.
- Often served with extra vegetables and pickled red cabbage or beetroot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 885.9, Fat 40.5, SaturatedFat 13.7, Cholesterol 136, Sodium 2284.5, Carbohydrate 76.6, Fiber 13.9, Sugar 17.8, Protein 53.8
More about "beef and potato stew recipes"
ITALIAN BEEF & POTATO STEW RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 336 per serving
- In a large pot add the olive oil and minced onion, cook on medium heat until transparent (2-3 minutes). Add the pancetta, rosemary and garlic, sautee 2-3 minutues.
- Add the beef (toss the beef with about 3-4 tablespoons of flour before adding) and cook on low heat for about 5-8 minutes, turning often so the meat browns and nothing burns.
- Add the potatoes, tomato paste, oregano, hot pepper flakes and broth (or water and bouillon cube). Cook on low covered for about one hour or until tender and thickened. Taste for salt before serving.* Enjoy!
HEARTY BEEF AND POTATO STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (18)Calories 440 per servingServings 12
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until garlic just begins to brown. Remove garlic from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add onion to garlic. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add beef and any accumulated juices to onion mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add beef and any accumulated juices to onion mixture.
- Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add beef mixture. Stir in carrot, rosemary, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Add 1 cup water, broth, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover and bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven; uncover and stir in potatoes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and flour; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir flour mixture into stew. Cover and bake an additional 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve with bread.
THE BEST INSTANT POT STEAK AND POTATOES BEEF STEW RECIPE
CROCK POT STEAK AND POTATOES BEEF STEW RECIPE
SWEET POTATO BEEF STEW - DAMN DELICIOUS
POTATO RECIPES | BEEF AND POTATO STEW | FAVORITE …
STEWED BEEF POTATOES - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS & POTATOES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
HEARTY BEEF AND POTATO STEW - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
CHINESE BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (土豆炖牛肉) - RED …
BEEF AND TOMATO STEW (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER AND …
CLASSIC BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS
CROCK POT STEAK POTATO STEW - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
10 BEST QUICK BEEF STEW POTATOES RECIPES - YUMMLY
SWEET POTATO BEEF STEW - ANDI ANNE
GROUND BEEF AND POTATO STEW - EASY PEASY CREATIVE IDEAS
BEEF AND POTATO STEW RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CREAMY POTATO AND BEEF STEW | 12 TOMATOES
15 GROUND BEEF AND POTATO RECIPES THAT ARE EASY TO MAKE
BEEF AND POTATO STEW | MICHIGAN POTATOES
OLD FASHIONED STOVETOP BEEF STEW RECIPE - GRANNY'S IN THE KITCHEN
CLASSIC BEEF STEW WITH CREAMER POTATOES - THE LITTLE POTATO …
BEEF AND POTATO STEW | A ZESTY BITE
10 BEST BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES IN SLOW COOKER RECIPES - YUMMLY
BEEF AND POTATO STEW - 31 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
MASHED POTATOES AND BEEF STEW RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
12 BEST RECIPES USING STEW BEEF CUBES (EASY BEEF STEW MEAT DISHES)
POTATO AND BEEF TENDERLOIN STEW | SO DELICIOUS
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO STEW - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BEEF AND POTATO STEW RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
QUICK ONE-POT BEEF & POTATO STEW - SOBEYS INC.
21 RECIPE FOR INSTANT POT BEEF STEW - SELECTED RECIPES
HEARTY HEARTY BEEF & POTATO STEW RECIPE - COOKING WITH BRY
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BEST BEEF AND FINGERLING POTATO STEW RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BEEF STEW (WITH POTATOES) | CHEW OUT LOUD
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CLASSIC STOVETOP BEEF STEW - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
ROAST BEEF & POTATO STEW RECIPE - HEREFORD FOODS
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #european #winter #english #stews #seasonal #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef stew with carrots and potatoes?Beef Stew with Carrots & Potatoes. Add the wine, broth, water, thyme, bay leaves, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then cover and braise in the oven for 2 hours. After 2 hours, add the carrots and potatoes. Return to the oven and continue cooking for one hour, or until the meat is fork-tender, the broth is thickened,...
What is the best way to cook a beef stew?Add beef mixture. Stir in carrot, rosemary, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Add 1 cup water, broth, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover and bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven; uncover and stir in potatoes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and flour; stir with a whisk until smooth.
What is Chinese beef stew with potatoes?Today’s recipe, Chinese beef stew with potatoes (土豆炖牛肉), is a hearty, comforting dish that my dad used to cook regularly. Beef chunks are slowly braised with a variety of spices and soy sauce until very tender. Then potatoes and carrots are added to make it more substantial and nutritionally balanced.
How to cook steak and potatoes stew?This easy Steak and Potatoes Stew is simple and easy to make. Dinner will be ready in no time at all. Chop up the red onion and the potatoes into bite size chunks. You want them bigger, but you want to be able to eat them in one bite. Place them in the Instant pot. Top with the stew meat.