- Heat oven to 400°F. Wrap each beet in foil. Roast until soft, about 1 hour. Cool slightly; remove foil. Rub off skins; cut into wedges. Toss with nuts and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add oil; toss. Divide among 4 plates; crumble cheese on top.
BEET AND SUNFLOWER SALAD
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish.
- Roast beets in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from foil and cool completely. Peel cooled beets and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cook and stir sunflower seeds in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant and toasted, 2 to 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, onion, salt, black pepper, and sugar together in a bowl until dressing is thick and creamy.
- Stir beets, sunflower seeds, and sunflower sprouts together in a bowl; drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 331 mg, Sugar 10 g
RAW BEET SALAD WITH TOASTED SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND GOAT CHEESE
This is less recipe than method and ingredients. Delicious. If your Mr. Wonderful doesn't like goat cheese - gorgonzola would also work. This is a beautiful salad - glistening deep red gratings of beets, greens and dots of goat cheese.
Provided by One Happy Woman
Yield 4 salads, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix the shallots with the vinegars and let stand while you process the beets and toast the sunflower seeds.
- Peel the beets and grate them or process them in the food processor until they are of coarsely grated consistency.
- Toast the sunflower seeds (I stir them up quickly in a hot stainless steel pan and remove them from the pan as soon as they start to brown).
- Mix the rest of the dressing ingredients with the vinegar/shallot mixture and add half of this to the beets and chill until ready to assemble the salad.
- Mound the greens loosely in individual dishes, and divide the beet mixture amongst the plates.
- Dot with goat cheese, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and drizzle more of the dressing on the greens.
BEET, AVOCADO, AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- In a large bowl, toss beets, celery, cucumber, and scallions.
- To serve, toss 2 cups slaw with arugula, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Top with avocado and seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 g, Fat 56 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 7 g
GOLDEN BEET AND SUNFLOWER SALAD
- Put oven racks in lower third and middle of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim beet greens, leaving 1 inch of stems attached. Tightly wrap beets together in double layers of foil to make packages (2 or 3 per package) and roast in middle of oven until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool slightly.
- While beets roast, toast sunflower seeds in a pie plate or a small baking pan in lower third of oven, shaking occasionally, until seeds are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together shallot, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar in a small bowl, then add oil in a stream, whisking.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, slip off and discard skins. Cut beets lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and gently toss with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Toss sunflower sprouts and half of sunflower seeds with remaining vinaigrette in another bowl. Arrange beets on 6 salad plates and top with dressed sprouts. Sprinkle salads with remaining sunflower seeds.
More about "beet and sunflower salad recipes"
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH AGED GOUDA AND ...
4.8/5 (4)Category First CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 350 per serving
BEET AND FETA SALAD WITH SUNFLOWER VINAIGRETTE - LITTLE …
Reviews 6Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
CAULIFLOWER AND BEET SALAD - MY SARATOGA KITCHEN TABLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST SUNFLOWER SPROUT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GOLDEN BEET SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEET, ORANGE, AND FETA SALAD WITH SUNFLOWER SEEDS RECIPE ...
BEET SALAD WITH FETA, CHICKPEAS, QUINOA AND TAMARI ...
Servings 4Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 minsCalories 579 per serving
- To cook the quinoa, combine it in a small saucepan with 3/4 cup water. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the water is evaporated—about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure it's not sticking to the bottom of the pot. When the quinoa is ready, fluff it with a fork and set it aside to cool.
- In a frying pan, warm the sunflower seeds over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant. Stir regularly. In the last minute or so, add in the tamari or soy sauce and stir constantly to avoid sticking. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- If you're taking the salad to a party or potluck, you'll want to prepare it in a large bowl. If you're serving it to a small group, it looks beautiful if you arrange it in individual bowls. Either way, you'll start by spreading the cooled quinoa on the bottom of the bowl and topping it with the arugula.
ROASTED BEET AND AVOCADO SALAD - W/ SUNFLOWER SEEDS
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsServings 4Calories 236 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Trim the tops and bottoms of the beets. Rinse and drain the greens. Wash and scrub the beets if there is any mud. If the beets differ in size, cut them up so that they are about the same size.
- Arrange the beets in a baking dish in a single layer. Season with salt and pour 1/4 cup water into the dish. Cover tightly with foil and roast until tender when pierced with a fork. It should take about 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a skillet and add the greens. Toss until they are wilted, for about 5 minutes. When cool, roughly chop.
- When the roasted beets are cool enough, peel them. Cut into pieces and put in a bowl together with the chopped greens. Sprinkle with the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Add some olive oil and toss well.
APPLE BEET SALAD WITH PICKLED ONIONS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Combine the shredded beets, sliced apples, onions and sunflower seeds ( save a few to put on top of the salad right before serving) in a large container with a lid
- Combine the ingredients for the mustard vinaigrette in a jar fitted with a lid, and shake well until combined ( if you don't have a jar, whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients win a bowl). Pour over the salad, toss well and refrigerate until ready to serve
ROASTED BEET AND RADISH SALAD WITH SUNFLOWER SEED …
Servings 6Calories 272 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
RUSSIAN BEET SALAD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROASTED GOLDEN BEET SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT VINAIGRETTE ...
GOLDEN BEET AND SUNFLOWER SALAD - COOKEATSHARE
SUNFLOWER CRUNCH KALE CABBAGE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ...
ZESTY SEARED COD WITH BEET, LABNEH & DILL SALAD MEAL KIT ...
SUNFLOWER BEET SALAD RECIPES
SIMPLE INSPIRATIONS: BEET SALAD RECIPE!
GOLDEN BEET & SUNFLOWER SALAD - GUIDING STARS
BEET AND SUNFLOWER SALAD RECIPE
SUNFLOWER BEET SALAD RECIPE
RECIPE FOR GOLDEN BEET SUNFLOWER SALAD-4.7 STARS (34 REVIEWS)
BEET SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best salad dressing to go with beets?Either a bleu or a ranch dressing would go nicely with this combination. Roasted beets, arugula, and walnuts are tossed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil in this quick and easy, crunchy salad that happens to be vegan. This salad mixes canned beets and mandarin oranges with apple cider vinegar and orange juice.
What can I do with beets?A wonderful salad using my favorite veggie to grow, beets. They are the start of this delicious salad, which has a true summer feel to it. This is an easy to prepare beet salad that goes great with any barbeque or summer picnic. My Mom's recipe for cold beet salad -- the only way she could get us kids to eat beets!
What goes well with beets and walnuts?Apples, beets and walnuts tossed together create this salad of harvest celebration. Either a bleu or a ranch dressing would go nicely with this combination. Roasted beets, arugula, and walnuts are tossed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil in this quick and easy, crunchy salad that happens to be vegan.
What are the Little Red Hearts on a Beet salad for?The little red hearts are cut out of cooked beet to turn this simple salad into a lovely romantic Valentine's Day appetizer. In Italy, lettuce is usually only dressed with olive oil and salt, but you can of course use another dressing.