BLACKBERRY & APPLE PASTIES
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Dust a work surface with icing sugar, then unroll the pastry and cut out 4 rounds using a small side plate as a template.
- Combine the apples, sugar and blackberries and put a small pile on each pastry circle. Dampen the edge of the pastry, then fold over to encase the fruit. Pinch and fold the pastry over along one edge to make a pasty shape. Slash each pasty 3 times, lift onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins or until puffed and golden. Serve with cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 58 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.85 milligram of sodium
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STRUDEL
- Put the flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the sugar, one teaspoon of melted butter and the egg. Add enough water to make a sticky dough and knead for about 10 minutes, until the dough is no longer sticky but has a silky sheen. Brush lightly with the two tablespoons of melted butter and leave to rest for half an hour. Put the apples into a bowl and toss with the sugar and half the breadcrumbs. Add the blackberries and toss. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. An easy way to roll out the strudel dough is to do so on a floured cloth or large tea towel, otherwise just generously flour your worktop or table. Roll out the dough from the centre until it is thin. Place the backs of your hands under the dough and carefully lift and stretch and pull it from all sides until it is as thin as tissue paper and almost transparent. You should have a sheet of dough measuring approximately 50 x 80cm. Trim off the edges. Brush the sheet of dough with some of the melted butter, and sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs, leaving a couple of centimetres uncovered round the edge. Lay the apples and blackberries on top. Roll up and crimp the edges together. Brush with more melted butter. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes, brushing occasionally with melted butter. Serve warm, with icing sugar and creme fraiche.
BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - (5/5)
Provided by á-170456
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Defrost the puff pastry sheet according to package directions. Butter a large rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan. Mix the berries with one-fourth cup sugar, the tapioca and cornstarch. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Roll out the puff pastry to an 18- by 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured board. Brush the edges with some of the egg white. Spoon the berries lengthwise down the center of the pastry. Pull one side of the pastry sheet up and over the top of the berries and tuck it under the berries inside the other part of the pastry sheet. Pull the other side of the pastry sheet up and over and tuck it under the pastry roll. Press the ends down to seal and tuck under. Brush the entire surface with the remaining egg white. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove the strudel from the oven and cool slightly. Combine the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar with the vanilla extract. Sprinkle over the surface of the strudel. Serve warm or room temperature. This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings. Each of 10 servings: 95 calories; 1 gram protein; 19 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 2 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 17 mg. sodium.
More about "blackberry and apple strudel recipes"
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STRUDEL | HEALTHY RECIPE | WW AUSTRALIA
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine pie apple, sugar and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray one sheet of filo pastry with oil, then lightly sprinkle with some of the breadcrumbs. Continue layering pastry, spraying with oil and sprinkling with breadcrumbs. Finish layering process with one plain sheet of filo pastry laid across the top.
- Spoon apple mixture along one long side of pastry, about 6cm from long side and 7cm from short sides. Top apple mixture with blackberries, then fold long edge and sides in, rolling up to enclose filling. Carefully place on prepared tray, seam-side down. Lightly spray with oil, then bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Lightly cover with foil if pastry becomes too brown during cooking.
- Sprinkle almonds on strudel during the last 3 minutes of cooking or until almonds are golden. Dust strudel with icing sugar, cut into 4 slices and serve.
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STREUSEL - BLACKBERRY RECIPES
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Place the flour, ground almonds, 125g caster sugar and the lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and reduce the mixture to crumbs (it’s very important that the butter is cold, otherwise it will cream into a dough).
EASY BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - FREE SAMPLES
Cuisine AmericanCategory BakingServings 8Total Time 35 mins
BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
Servings 8-10Estimated Reading Time 8 minsCategory DESSERTSTotal Time 1 hr
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Defrost the puff pastry sheet according to package directions. Butter a large rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan.
- Roll out the puff pastry to an 18- by 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured board. Brush the edges with some of the egg white. Spoon the berries lengthwise down the center of the pastry.
- Pull one side of the pastry sheet up and over the top of the berries and tuck it under the berries inside the other part of the pastry sheet. Pull the other side of the pastry sheet up and over and tuck it under the pastry roll. Press the ends down to seal and tuck under. Brush the entire surface with the remaining egg white. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
FRESH AND SWEET BLACKBERRY STRUDEL - RENéE AT GREAT PEACE
Servings 8Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 103 per serving
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE WITH BERRIES / HYGGE FOOD
5/5 (2)Category Dessert, Snack, SweetCuisine European, VegetarianTotal Time 40 mins
- Clean and peel the apples, then chop them and put them into a big bowl with cinnamon (to taste) berries and sugar.
- Roll out the pastry dough (for the phyllo version see post) onto parchment paper and put some breadcrumbs in the middle of the pastry lengthwise leaving a small space on top and bottom, then arrange the filling on top of the breadcrumbs.
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S BLACKBERRY AND PEAR STRUDEL | DESSERT ...
3.4/5 (53)Category DessertServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY STREUSEL - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
4/5 (58)Total Time 57 minsServings 6Calories 371 per serving
BLACKBERRY STRUDEL - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BLACKBERRY & APPLE STREUSEL CAKE RECIPE | COLES
Servings 10Category Dessert,Snack,Sweet
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY PHYLLO STRUDEL RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs
APPLE BLUEBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY STRUDEL • RECIPE | YUMECIPE.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Strudels
APPLE, CRANBERRY AND PECAN STRUDEL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Dessert
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STRUDEL RING WITH CINNAMON AND CREAM
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Cakes And Baking
- Mix the apples with the cinnamon, lemon zest and juice, sugar and raisins. In a small frying pan, melt 20g/¾oz butter and fry the breadcrumbs until golden-brown, then add to the apple mixture.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan. On a clean, dry tea-towel lay a sheet of the filo and brush with some of the melted butter. Lay another sheet on top and repeat until you have used all of the filo.
- Pile the filling along the length of the pastry along one side about 2-3cm/1in from the edge and using the tea-towel to help you, roll the pastry up to enclose the filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden-brown. Leave to cool to room temperature and dust with icing sugar. Slice and serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE PIES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Cakes And BakingServings 4-6
- Place the sliced apples in a pan with the sugar and blackberry liqueur and cook gently over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the apples are softened.
- Divide the apple and blackberry mixture, leaving aside any juices, among four of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving a 2cm/1in border around the edges of the pastry.
- Using a lattice cutter, roll over the remaining pieces of pastry, or alternatively use a sharp knife to cut 2cm/1in slits in staggered rows 1cm/½in apart.
- Brush the edges of the filled pastry layer with the beaten egg, then carefully lay the lattice-cut layer of pastry on top. Seal the edges by pressing down, then brush the pastry all over with the beaten egg.
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
Is Accessible For Free FalseEstimated Reading Time 40 secsAuthor Rose Prince
DEEP BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STREUSEL – OR POSH CRUMBLE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE STRUDEL RECIPES
SUPER SIMPLE PEACH AND BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BLACKBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE « AMELIA ANDALEON'S BLOG
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY STRUDEL – LIFE & COOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is an apple strudel made of?This easy Apple Strudel is filled with cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins and more! It’s a crispy, flaky pastry that’s easy to make and downright delicious. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, flour and raisins.
How do you cook apples with blackberries and sugar?Place the sliced apples in a pan with the sugar and blackberry liqueur and cook gently over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the apples are softened. Set aside to cool, then mix in the blackberries.
What is a BlackBerry and Apple streusel?This blackberry and apple streusel is a blackberry and apple pie by any other name, a deliciously deep but delicate one that plays on the strengths of both cookers and eaters – Bramleys have jammy intensity and eaters hold their shape. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page.
How do you make strudel with cream and cinnamon?Brush with butter and dust with icing sugar. Bake for 20min or until pastry is crisp and golden. Beat together cream, icing sugar and cinnamon until the mixture just holds its shape. When strudel is cooked, transfer to a large plate, dust with more icing sugar and serve with the cinnamon cream.