BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
The wild blueberries on our property spark recipe ideas. When my daughter and I made this ice cream at a Girl Guide meeting, it was well received. Even today, our 10 children, 19 grandkids and 4 great-grandchildren think it tastes great. -Alma Mosher, Mohannes, New Brunswick
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-3/4 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved and berries are softened. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard pulp. Stir in cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until firm, 2-4 hours. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Fat 7g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 35mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM (FOR ICE CREAM MACHINE)
This is a creamy ice cream with a beautiful fresh blueberry and vanilla flavour. I adapted this from a strawberry ice cream recipe that came with my machine. The original calls for 2 Tbsp of vanilla but I reduced the amount so as not to overpower the blueberry flavour. Perfect with fresh blueberries but good with frozen as well.
Provided by Cookin-jo
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 10 1/2 cups, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk together egg yolks, sugar and vanilla by hand or with a mixer for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and the colour lightens.
- Heat cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not boiling, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 4 Tablespoons hot milk and cream, one at a time, to the egg yolk mixture, whisking each time.
- Slowly pour egg mixture back into the saucepan of hot milk and cream, whisking constantly.
- Cook on low, stirring, until the mixture coats the back of a teaspoon, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate until cold.
- Thaw blueberries if using frozen.
- When ice cream mixture is cold chop blueberries in a food processor or blender and stir into the cream mixture.
- Start your machine, pour in the mix and run for 20-25 minutes or according to the directions for your machine.
- Scrape ice cream into a freezable container and freeze for 2-24 hours.
- The ice cream will be very soft at first but very hard after freezing; let thaw at room temperature 10 minutes before scooping and serve with fresh blueberries on top.
- Cooking time is time in the ice cream maker but not freezing time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.7, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 90.3, Sodium 30, Carbohydrate 16.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 14.3, Protein 2.6
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
Blueberry ice cream with just 3 ingredients! Super easy and delicious!!
Provided by aliciamargaret
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Blend blueberries in a food processor (or mash them really well in a bowl).
- Mix cream and condensed milk together in a bowl. Mix in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 110.6 mg, Fat 30.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Sodium 110.5 mg, Sugar 39.8 g
BLUEBERRY COCONUT ICE CREAM
I love to create new recipes and of course using all of my amazing electronics, accessories and beautiful items. In this recipe I used my Ninja® blender to combine the ingredients. My Hamilton Beach® ice cream maker then to store and serve my ice cream - I just love my Zak Designs® products! Life is good with delicious food and awesome products!
Provided by Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Blend cream, coconut milk, blueberries, honey, and lemon extract together in a blender until smooth. Add shredded coconut and pulse 2 times. Pour mixture into a saucepan.
- Whisk egg yolks into cream mixture; bring to a boil. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and pour into a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap so it touches the cream mixture. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Transfer cream mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions until desired consistency is reached. Immediately scoop ice cream out of ice cream maker so it doesn't freeze to sides of bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Cholesterol 149.8 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 23.6 g, Sodium 32.2 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
BLUES-BUSTING BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
Blend and freeze four ingredients and, minutes later, you've got this creamy, frozen confection of plump, purple blueberries and cream. This egg-free version of ice cream demands the sweetest gems of summer for maximum flavor and color. Don't expect this to last too long. You'll be making your next batch before you know it. Rinse the berries just before using, no sooner.
Provided by Holly Herrick
Yield Makes 1 1/2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Puree the blueberries with the sugar and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Whisk in the cream until thoroughly combined. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Serve in separate bowls garnished with a few fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint.
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
- In a saucepan bring blueberries, sugar, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, mashing berries and stirring with a fork. Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, 5 minutes and cool slightly. In a blender purée mixture with milk just until smooth and stir in cream. Pour purée through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids with back of a spoon. Chill mixture, covered, at least 2 hours, or until cold, and up to 1 day.
- Freeze mixture in an ice-cream maker. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden. Ice cream may be made 1 week ahead.
More about "blueberry ice cream for ice cream machine recipes"
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
Servings 8Total Time 4 hrs 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 494 per serving
CLASSIC BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | DRISCOLL'S
4.8/5 (166)Calories 256.21Servings 9Cholesterol 57.51 mg
- HEAT blueberry mixture over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves while STIRRING occasionally.
BLUEBERRY-SWIRL BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM (DAIRY FREE VEGAN) NO MACHINE - PETITE ...
NO-CHURN BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY FRESH BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - A GIRL DEFLOURED
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - NO CHURN - 3 INGREDIENTS - 5 MINS ...
BLUEBERRY COCONUT ICE CREAM RECIPE — EATWELL101
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - EVERYDAY MADE FRESH
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - EGG-FREE - BEAUTIFUL LIFE AND ...
FRESH BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM | RECIPE FROM LEIGH ANNE WILKES
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM - DAISY BRAND
HUROM BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
26 HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPES FOR THE ICE CREAM …
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM | ICE CREAM RECIPE | CULTURED PALATE
15+ ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BEST BLUEBERRY NO-CHURN ICE CREAM RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE ...
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE ICE CREAM - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM MACHINE - THE ...
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - EGG FREE - RENEE NICOLE'S KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - SUEBEE HOMEMAKER
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
BLUEBERRIES AND CREAM ICE CREAM - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
NINJA CREAMI BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - THE ICE CREAM CONFECTIONALS
BEST EVER HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE – NINA KNEADS TO BAKE
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE FOR ICE CREAM MAKER ...
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | COZYMEAL
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM — SARA'S TINY KITCHEN
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | VINTAGE COOKING
OLD FASHIONED CHURNED BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - THE SWEETER ...
THE BEST BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE! | DELIGHTFUL E MADE
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF ...
ICE CREAM MADE EASY HOMEMADE RECIPES FOR ICE CREAM MACHINES
EASY AND DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE (NO MACHINE NEEDED ...
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
RECIPE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM IN THE KITCHENAID - SAVVY SAVING COUPLE
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make blueberry ice cream with blueberries?In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, ½ cup (125 mL) of the sugar, and the water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from heat and chill the mixture for 2 hours. In a large bowl, combine the remaining sugar, cream, buttermilk, and milk.
Do you need a churn machine to make blueberry ice cream?Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe (No Machine Needed!) - Grandbaby Cakes Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe with Video – Cheesecake & No Churn!!! Grandbaby Cakes » Dessert and Baking » Ice Cream and Frozen Treats » Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe with Video – Cheesecake & No Churn!!! This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to make Blueberry Cream pudding?Directions In a food processor, puree blueberries then transfer to a medium saucepan. Transfer to a bowl and place in refrigerator to chill. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to 9”-x-5” loaf pan and freeze until firm, 5 hours.
How long does it take for Blueberry ice cream to ripen?Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. “Wonderful blueberry ice cream that can be made from either fresh or frozen blueberries.