I make this when I'm feeling fine so that when I'm not, it's in the freezer ready to go. This soup recipe comes from "Tonics" by Robert A. Barnett. As the original recipe states, "...the soup is delicious even if your breathing is fine."
Provided by AlaskaStephanie
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Chop the onion, carrots, and celery into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, carrots, celery, and curry powder and cayenne. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very soft but not too brown.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili peppers, salt, pepper to taste, cilantro, mint, and basil and parsley if using.
- Cover the pot, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a high simmer.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the garlic is soft but not mushy.
- Fish out the chili peppers with a slotted spoon.
- Add the lemon juice; taste for seasoning, and add more pepper if you like.
- Serve hot and feel better!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.7, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 2874.4, Carbohydrate 17, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 6, Protein 18.9
TRADITIONAL SCOTCH BROTH
Granddad comes every Sunday for dinner and he has got to have his soup. This was a special request as it reminds him of his childhood. In the old days, the lamb was cooked and removed from the pot, then the soup was made. The lamb that made the stock, was then served as the main course, with veg, if you were lucky. You can't make Scotch Broth, without the lamb it just wouldn't be Scotch Broth. Prep time, does not include the overnight soaking, and cooking time excludes, the making of the stock. If you brown your lamb first you will get more flavour.
Provided by Tea Jenny
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- The night before soak barley in cold water and put lamb in crock pot and leave overnight, or alternatively boil on stove top then simmer till ready.(I only use some water in the crock pot and add the rest to the cooking pot later).
- Put stock in large soup pot and season.
- Add barley and bring to the boil.
- Add the next four ingredients and simmer till veg and barley are soft, if using flank meat cut some of the meat up and add to soup discarding any fat.
- Add peas and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.6, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 40.1, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 4, Sugar 4.2, Protein 2.7
More about "bronchitis broth recipes"
THE BEST (AND MOST SIMPLE) BONE BROTH RECIPE
15 RECIPES THAT START WITH CHICKEN BROTH | ALLRECIPES
BRONCHITIS: TYPES, CAUSES AND HOME TREATMENT - TOP …
40+ RECIPES THAT USE BONE BROTH - DELICIOUS OBSESSIONS
HOW TO MAKE BROTH - TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH - MINIMALIST BAKER
10 BEST FOOD & DIET (MEAL PLAN) FOR BRONCHITIS
3 BROTHS FOR YOUR BARIATRIC LIQUID DIET - CURVYLOGIC
5 HEALING BONE BROTH RECIPES FOR YOUR BODY, GUT, AND …
THE 10 BEST BROTH RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
THE BEST SOUP FOR BRONCHITIS | LIVESTRONG
THE GARLIC BROTH RECIPE THAT BROUGHT ME BACK TO HEALTH
THIS BONE BROTH RECIPE IS YOUR BEST NATURAL DEFENSE …
BRONCHITIS BROTH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BROTH RECIPES, …
BRONCHITIS BROTH | THRIFTYFUN
BRONCHITIS BROTH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, BROTH …
HOME REMEDIES FOR BRONCHITIS - VERYWELL HEALTH
14 FOODS TO EAT WHEN SICK WITH BRONCHITIS - NATURAL HEALTH …
CHINESE HERBAL CHICKEN BONE BROTH FOR RECOVERY FROM BRONCHITIS
CHICKEN SOUP TREATS BRONCHITIS - NERDY MILLENNIAL
15 BROTHY SOUP RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
3 EASY HOMEMADE BONE BROTH RECIPES - WOMEN'S HEALTH NETWORK
BROTH RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BRONCHITIS BROTH (VEGGIE SOUP OR BROTH) - BIGOVEN.COM
BROTH BASED SOUP RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
BRONCHITIS SIGNS, SYMPTOMS AND NATURAL REMEDIES - DR. AXE
BRONCHITIS BROTH (VEGGIE SOUP OR BROTH) RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
HOMEMADE CHICKEN BROTH (THE BEST BROTH) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
I DRANK BONE BROTH EVERY DAY FOR TWO WEEKS: HERE'S WHAT …
BROTH AND STOCK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROTH RECIPES | COOK WITH CAMPBELLS
WORLD BEST FISH COOKING RECIPES : BRONCHITIS BROTH
HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH (3 WAYS!) | WHOLESOME YUM
BRONCHITIS AND PNEUMONIA TREATMENT WITH OATS DECOCTION, RECIPES
NOURISHING BONE BROTH TONIC (5 MINUTES) - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
HOW TO USE ONION JUICE TO TREAT BRONCHITIS | HEALTHFULLY
MEDICINE BOMB CHICKEN SOUP: THE CURE IN A BOWL - SENSE & EDIBILITY
101 BONE BROTH RECIPES: SOUPS, SMOOTHIES AND MORE - DR. AXE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #clear-soups #soups-stews #vegetables #carrots #onions
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to relieve bronchitis symptoms?Add 1/2 cup of honey and allow the mixture to simmer for two hours to draw out the juice of the onions. Strain the onion juice and throw away the cooked onions. Pour the onion juice into a cup. Take 1 to 2 tbsp. of the onion juice every hour to relieve bronchitis symptoms.
What is the best soup for bronchitis?The Best Soup for Bronchitis 1 Chicken Soup. A review article published in Food Science and Technology in 2008 notes that chicken soup can help limit fatigue and other cold symptoms. 2 Beneficial Additives. ... 3 Other Alternatives. ... 4 Potential Considerations. ...
What are the best bone broth recipes?5 Healing Bone Broth Recipes for Your Body, Gut, Skin, and Soul 1 Why you should drink bone broth. 2 Pork bone broth. 3 Fish bone broth. 4 Chicken feet and chili pepper stock. 5 Instant Pot bone broth. 6 ... (more items)
How to make bone broth from scratch?Skim off any foam that you see and discard. Add the bay leaves, sea salt, and apple cider vinegar. Reduce heat and gently simmer for at least 12 hours, or 24-48 hours for richer broth. Cover a large bowl with a nut milk bag fitted over a fine-mesh strainer, and pour the bone broth through it to strain the liquid.