BULGUR AND MINT SALAD
- Place the bulgur in a saucepan and cover it with 4 cups of cool tap water. Soak for at least 3 to 4 hours (or overnight, if desired).
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the mint and parsley together. (There should be 1 1/2 cups total.)
- Drain the bulgur in a sieve for 10 to 20 minutes. Place the drained bulgur in a bowl and add the carrot, scallions, garlic, salt, Tabasco, lemon juice and oil. Mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 407, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 352 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
TABOULI (LEBANESE BULGHUR, PARSLEY, AND MINT SALAD)
Tabouli is a Lebanese salad and is often served as part of a meza appetizer assortment, as well as on its own. This is my cousin's recipe, and according to her, you NEVER put garlic in tabouli, and there is no place in it for celery, cucumber, or any of the myriad of other ingredients with which some people like to adulterate it "to make it different". I agree with her wholeheartedly. This doesn't need anything else; just season it well with the salt, pepper, lemon, and olive oil.
Provided by Toby Jermain
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- This recipe is a breeze if you have a food processor, a little more work if you don't.
- If using a processor, chop parsley and mint together, using a pulsing action, to ensure that you don't end up pureeing them, and remove to a bowl.
- Repeat with green onions, and add it bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, preferably by hand, into about 1/4" dice, and add to bowl.
- If you are making this for company, you might want to chop everything by hand.
- It makes a much prettier dish than when made in the processor, but I never bother when it is for personal consumption; I just take a little care when using the processor.
- Wash bulghur thoroughly, drain, and soak in fresh hot water for about 1 hour.
- Drain and squeeze as dry as possible, and combine with vegetables.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss thoroughly.
- You can be quite generous with the pepper.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, taste, and adjust salt and pepper.
- In addition to serving a a salad or part of a meza appetizer assortment, it is also good as dressing on a falafel or lamb sandwich in pita bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.3, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 14.5, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.8, Protein 2.6
BULGUR, PARSLEY, AND MINT SALAD
- In a bowl combine bulgur and water. Soak bulgur 1 hour and 15 minutes. Bulgur may be prepared 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Mince enough onion to measure 1 cup and in a bowl stir together with salt, allspice, and cinnamon. Let onion mixture stand 30 minutes. Finely chop parsley and mint. Finely chop enough scallion greens to measure 2/3 cup. Quarter and seed cucumber and tomatoes and thinly slice. In a bowl toss together all salad ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 hour ahead and chilled, covered.
BULGUR PILAF WITH TOMATOES, SHALLOTS AND MINT.
Also called cracked wheat, bulgur is a quick-cooking grain with a hearty, nut-like flavour that is used to make the popular Middle Eastern salad Tabbouleh. Fresh or canned tomatoes may be used for this recipe. Cooked chick peas or another type of bean may be added for substance.
Provided by KristinV
Categories Southwest Asia (middle East)
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, cover, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the bulgur and stir to combine. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cove and simmer until the bulgur is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the mint, cover and let stand for a further 5 minutes before serving.
BULGUR SALAD WITH CUCUMBER, DILL, AND MINT
- Place bulgur in large bowl. Whisk lemon juice, oil and garlic to blend in small bowl; pour over bulgur. Mix in cucumbers, parsley, green onions, dill, and mint. Cover and chill until bulgur is tender, about 6 hours. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.) Serve cold or at room temperature.
More about "bulgur and mint salad recipes"
BULGUR, MINT, AND PARSLEY SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (5)Calories 113 per servingServings 8
- Combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in juice, oil, and garlic. Cool to room temperature.
JENNIFER ANISTON PERFECT SALAD RECIPE
PEA AND MINT BULGUR WHEAT SALAD - BAKE THEN EAT
BULGUR SALAD WITH LEMON, PEAS & MINT | WILLIAMS SONOMA
MINTY BULGUR SALAD WITH SALMON AND CUCUMBERS RECIPE
BULGUR, MINT AND CUCUMBER SALAD - CKBK
BULGUR, MINT, AND PARSLEY SALAD - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
BULGUR AND MINT SALAD RECIPE LIST - SALEWHALE.CA
TABOULI SALAD RECIPE (TABBOULEH) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
25 EASY BULGUR RECIPES FOR A NUTRITIOUS MEAL - INSANELY GOOD
JENNIFER ANISTON'S BULGUR SALAD RECIPE WITH PHOTOS
THE BULGUR SALAD RECIPE JENNIFER ANISTON LOVES | WELL+GOOD
MEDITERRANEAN BULGUR SALAD WITH LEMON MINT VINAIGRETTE
BULGUR & CHICKPEA SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, FETA & MINT
BULGUR SALAD WITH TOMATOES, SCALLIONS AND HERBS RECIPE
BULGUR SALAD - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
TABBOULEH SALAD WITH BULGUR WHEAT AND PARSLEY
FETA AND MINT BULGUR SALAD RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
BULGUR SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS, MINT, AND PINE NUTS
PEA & MINT BULGUR WHEAT SALAD - GIMME THE RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN BULGUR SALAD - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
10 BEST MINT LEAVES SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BULGUR, MINT, AND PARSLEY SALAD - MEAL GARDEN
BEST BULGUR AND CANTALOUPE SALAD WITH HAZELNUTS AND MINT …
BULGUR SALAD - VEGAN HEAVEN
BULGUR SALAD WITH LEMON, PEAS & MINT | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BULGUR AND MINT SALAD RECIPE NYT COOKING
BULGUR TABBOULEH RECIPE ⋆ SIMPLE WHOLE GRAIN, PARSLEY + MINT …
LEMON AND MINT BULGUR WHEAT SALAD - THE MINDFUL COOK
BULGUR-FENNEL SALAD WITH MINT RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
BULGUR SALAD WITH A LEMON-HONEY-MINT DRESSING - CARAMEL TINTED …
10 HEALTHY VEGAN RECIPES WITH FRESH HERBS IN 2022
BULGUR & QUINOA SALAD WITH MINT DRESSING | FIVE SENSES PALATE
BLUEBERRY & FETA BULGUR SALAD WITH MINT DRESSING RECIPE
TURKISH RED LENTIL BULGUR AND MINT SOUP RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BULGUR SALAD WITH PEACHES AND MINT - BIGOVEN.COM
BULGUR SALAD WITH BROCCOLI AND TOMATOES - PLANT-FORWARD RECIPE
PARSLEY CUCUMBER MINT BULGUR SALAD - JITTERY COOK
BULGUR-POMEGRANATE SALAD RECIPE - ATHENA CALDERONE | FOOD
BULGUR SALAD WITH FETA AND MINT | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make bulgur salad at home?Toss the cooked bulgur into a large bowl and let cool completely. Dice tomatoes and cucumber and add to the bulgur. Finely slice spring onions, mint and parsley and add to the bowl. Combine the dressing: in a jar add juice of a lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Pour the dressing over the bulgur and toss to combine.
Can you make bulgur ahead of time?Make up to two hours ahead so tastes can meld. Combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in juice, oil, and garlic. Cool to room temperature. Combine bulgur mixture, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
How to make bulgur pasta?Add the bulgur to a small pot together with the tomato paste. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let it soak for 10 minutes. In the meanwhile, chop the cucumber, the tomato, and the bell pepper. Cut the green onions into rings. Finely chop the fresh parsley and the mint. Squeeze the lemon. Set the juice aside.
How do you cook with bulgur wheat?Cooking with bulgur wheat is super simple; the grain can be boiled (fastest), or soaked in either boiling or room temperature water (longer, but preferred method in Middle Eastern cultures). We have even seen some chefs soak the bulgur in olive oil, which completely skips the water boiling process — and makes for an amazingly rich mouthfeel.