BAKED APPLES WITH RUM-CARAMEL SAUCE
Looking for a fruit dessert? Then serve these baked apples with rum-caramel sauce and sprinkled with cinnamon - ready in just 15 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut thin slice off bottom and top of each apple. Using paring knife or apple corer, remove core from each apple.
- In 8- or 9-inch square microwavable dish, place apples upright. Pour 2 tablespoons water over apples. Cover with microwavable plastic wrap, folding back one edge or corner 1/4 inch to vent steam. Microwave on High 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Reserve 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Cut each apple in half.
- Place 2 apple halves in each individual serving bowl. For each serving, spoon 1/4 cup ice cream between apple halves. In small bowl, stir caramel topping, 1 tablespoon cooking liquid and the rum; pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Servings, Sodium 100 mg, Sugar 31 g, TransFat 0 g
APPLE CIDER BEIGNETS WITH BUTTER-RUM CARAMEL SAUCE
- Make sauce:
- Heat sugar in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring with a fork to heat sugar evenly, until it starts to melt, then stop stirring and cook, swirling skillet occasionally so sugar melts evenly, until it is dark amber. Stir in butter, water, rum, vinegar, and a pinch of salt (caramel will harden and steam vigorously) and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramel has dissolved. Add cream and bring to a boil, stirring, then remove from heat. Cool to warm.
- Make beignets:
- Preheat oven to 250°F with rack in middle. Set a cooling rack in a large shallow baking pan.
- Heat 2 inches oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, peel apples and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut out core with cutter, then pat apple rings dry.
- Put 1 1/4 cups flour in a large shallow bowl and make a well in center. Beat egg in a small bowl with a fork, then stir in cider and 1 tablespoon oil and pour into well. Stir with fork until a lumpy batter forms.
- Working in batches of 3 or 4, dredge apple rings in remaining 1/2 cup flour, shaking off excess, then dip in batter to coat, letting excess drip off, and fry, gently turning over once with a slotted spoon, until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes total per batch. Transfer to rack and keep warm in oven. Return oil to 375°F between batches.
- Just before serving, dust warm beignets with confectioners sugar. Stir sauce, then serve on the side.
CARAMEL APPLE PIE
- Mix sugar, pumpkin pie spice and corn starch in a large bowl. Cut apples into 1/4-inch thick slices and place in a separate bowl. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice and rum; add to dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Place in piecrust. Dot with 2 tablespoons of butter. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Stir flour and brown sugar together in small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Delicious when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.7 calories, Carbohydrate 56 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 208.7 mg, Sugar 30.5 g
Here is a sauce that is going to curl your toes up into heaven. You decide how to use it. Hot on ice cream, on hot apple pie, or even plain cheese cake. I used a dark rum, but maybe Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum could work also and kick it up a notch.
Provided by Carmen B.
Yield 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in cream, water and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly (mixture may looked curdled. Not to worry).
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and rum (have a shot for yourself).
- Let mixture stand at room temperature until cooled.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
OH-SO-EASY CARAMEL SAUCE
This is a rich, sweet caramel sauce that can be made at the last minute that is great on bread pudding, gingerbread, apple pie, chopped apples, ice cream, and anything else you want to put it on.
Provided by BARB MAXWELL
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.6 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 92.6 mg, Sugar 27.1 g
APPLE WALNUT TORTE WITH CARMEL RUM SAUCE
- Torte: Preheat oven to 350F. Butter 8-inch round or square pan with 2-inch high sides. Saute raisins until vermouth is almost gone, then let sit and soak up remaining liquid. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until blended. Add egg and beat well. Stir in dry ingredients, then apples, raisins and nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool slightly. Serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Cover torte, let stand at room temperature.) Sauce: Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter melts and sugars dissolve. Increase heat and boil until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally, about 3 minutes. Mix in rum. Cool sauce slightly. (This can be made the day before. Cool and refrigerate. Warm before serving.)
CARAMEL APPLES IN RUM SAUCE
- Melt butter in lg.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook on med.
- stirring constantly, until sugar melts and syrup is golden brown.
- Stir in apples and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum.
More about "caramel apples in rum sauce recipes"
DRUNKEN APPLE CRISP WITH RUM CARAMEL | MODERN …
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a large bowl, toss together sliced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and flour. Add rum and stir to combine. Pour the apple mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add melted butter and stir to combine until crumbly. Evenly spread streusel topping over apple mixture. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and apples are tender.
- While the apple crisp is baking, make the rum caramel. Heat the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly just until the sugar melts into a thick brown liquid, about 5-7 minutes. Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter; bubbling will occur. Using a whisk, whisk until melted and slightly combined, about 1 minute. Next, slowly add the heavy whipping cream, whisking constantly; more bubbling will occur. Let the caramel boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it rises in the pan. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in salt and rum.
APPLE CAKE WITH HOT CARAMEL RUM SAUCE - RECIPE GIRL
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 637 per serving
- Combine the sugars and cream in the top part of a double boiler and cook over simmering water, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours. Add the butter and cook another 30 minutes. (The mixture may look curdled but will smooth out when beaten). Remove from heat, add the rum and beat until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch pie plate or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray. Use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in the eggs and vanilla until well mixed. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda and salt; blend into the butter mixture. Stir in the apples and pecans (if using). Spoon the the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve topped with the warm sauce.
GRANDMA'S APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL RUM SAUCE - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 15Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
APPLE BLOSSOMS DRENCHED IN RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - BAKING FOR ...
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
CARAMEL APPLE & SPICED RUM COCKTAIL - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
5/5 (7)Total Time 3 minsCategory DrinksCalories 207 per serving
- Pour half the caramel syrup on to a small plate. Roll the rim of your glass around in the caramel to coat it (like adding salt to a margarita glass).
- In a cocktail shaker, mix together the remaining caramel syrup, rum and apple cider with ice and shake until well combined.
CARAMEL RUM SAUCE - OF BATTER AND DOUGH
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a medium, heavy bottom saucepan, heat the cream to almost boiling – bubbles will start to appear around the side of the pan and the surface will get a bit “rumbly”. Turn down the heat to low and keep warm.
- In a large heavy bottom saucepan, add 1 cup of the sugar, the corn syrup, and salt. Stir to moisten the sugar and then cook without stirring over medium high heat just until the sugar starts to turn golden. If you notice that the syrup is quickly turning brown in one spot, but the rest is not browning at all, grip both sides of the pan and swirl the syrup around to distribute the caramelizing sugar before it burns. Cook until all the syrup is a light golden color – somewhere between the color of straw and milk chocolate.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the remaining cup of sugar in three additions, stirring constantly, allowing each addition to melt before adding more. The sauce will continue to darken in color. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is a deep amber color. Watch the heat in order to prevent the sugar from burning. The sauce should steadily darken in color, but if it begins to smoke at all, immediately remove it from the heat, stirring vigorously, and lower the burner heat. Return the pan to the burner and continue. If the sugar does turn black and burn, there’s no other option except to start over.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the warm cream in three additions. The cream will cause the syrup to bubble up significantly – stir constantly and be very careful to not let the hot steam burn you. Simmer for a minute or two between each addition of cream to reduce slightly. Once all the cream has been added, continue to cook, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick syrup. If you draw your finger across the back of your spoon, it will hold the line.
BAKED APPLES WITH RAISINS | BAKED APPLES RECIPE WITH RUM ...
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
APPLE DUMPLINGS WITH SALTED CARAMEL RUM SAUCE - …
Reviews 23Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
APPLE DUMPLINGS WITH SALTED CARAMEL RUM SAUCE # ...
4/5 (1)Calories 663 per serving See details »
APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL-RUM SAUCE - PASTRY AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
APPLE RUM - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
See details »
CREAMY COCONUT RUM SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
See details »
CARAMEL A LA MODE SAUCE - AGRARIAN ANGEL
See details »
CARAMEL APPLES IN RUM SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
See details »
10 BEST RUM CARAMEL DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
See details »
CARAMEL APPLES IN RUM SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
SIMPLE RECIPES: CARAMEL RUM SAUCE - HOUSTONFOODTRUCKFEST.COM
See details »
CARAMEL APPLE RUM PUNCH > MICHIGAN APPLE COMMITTEE
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #sauces #desserts #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #dietary #low-sodium #sweet-sauces #low-in-something #apples
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make caramel sauce with rum?Stir in cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly (mixture may looked curdled. Not to worry). Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and rum (have a shot for yourself). Let mixture stand at room temperature until cooled.
How do you make a caramel apple pie?Stir flour and brown sugar together in small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over top of pie. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
What kind of cake has caramel rum sauce?Like Banana Crumb Cake, or Best Ever Carrot Cake with Caramel Rum Sauce, for example. It does take a fair amount of self control to not just eat it out of the jar with a spoon, but if you can manage it, it's pretty awesome stuff to have on hand.
What to make with Oh So Easy caramel sauce?Oh-So-Easy Caramel Sauce. Recipe by: "This is a rich, sweet caramel sauce that can be made at the last minute that is great on bread pudding, gingerbread, apple pie, chopped apples, ice cream, and anything else you want to put it on.".