SIMPLE CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE
Found in All*You Magazine many years ago. I love making this dish for our family - very simple and I can tweak it with different toppings so it always seems just a bit different.
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 6 bowls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice pineapple into eight rings and cut each ring into 8 pieces.
- Warm butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter begins to foam, add the pineapple and brown sugar (this is when you'd add the bananas if using that option).
- Cook, stirring frequently and make sure you are turning the pineapple chunks over while stirring. This should take about 4-5 minutes - just until the pineapple is brown and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place into a shallow serving bowls and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Place a scoop of ice cream/frozen yogurt on each serving and top with other toppings if desired. Or you can serve with just a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.4, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 49.4, Sodium 59.8, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 43.1, Protein 5.1
- Core and peel pineapple. Slice it lengthwise into eighths.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat pineapple wedges with sugar; place in hot pan. Cook, turning once and shaking pan often, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pineapple.
- Stir 3 tablespoons water into pan, and heat briefly; drizzle over pineapple. Serve with frozen yogurt, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 1 g
So simple, yet SO delicious. Doesn't require many ingredients or much time, perfect for a last minute way to use up that ripe pineapple that will turn any day!
Provided by Brim05005
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Melt the butter in a medium to large saute pan over medium heat.
- Place the pineapple slices (no more than 1/2 inch thick) over the melted butter in the pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Baste the pineapple by tilting the pan a bit to scoop some of the butter/sugar mixture and pouring it over the pineapple slices. Cook for about 3-4 mins per side.
- Continue to baste every so often to incorporate the flavor of the butter and brown sugar.
- When cooked, place slices on plates and drizzle some of the sauce it cooked in over top. Serve with vanilla ice cream to make EXTRA delicious! Pour some of the sauce over that as well. VERY hot, let cool a little before serving.
- Enjoy :).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.2, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 54.5, Carbohydrate 13.5, Sugar 13.3, Protein 0.1
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SAUCE
- Melt the butter and sugar in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and coated in caramel, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the vanilla and salt. Divide the pineapple sauce among 4 sundae dishes. Top each dish with 1 scoop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SUNDAES
Whenever we get a craving for a tropical escape, this super simple recipe whisks us away in no time. Vanilla's nice but drizzling the sauce over salted caramel ice cream and taking a bite is just pure paradise. -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Add pineapple; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove pineapple with a slotted spoon; set aside. , Bring remaining juices to a simmer; cook until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Layer pineapple and ice cream into six dessert dishes; sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Drizzle with reduced sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469 calories, Fat 26g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 180mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE COMPOTES
Impress your guests with Gordon Ramsay's intensely flavoured fruit purée topped with yogurt and shavings of iced fruit granita
Provided by Gordon Ramsay
Categories Dessert, Dinner
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut the skin off the pineapple, then cut it lengthways into quarters and remove the core from each piece. Chop the flesh roughly and purée in a food processor or blender until creamy. Pour the purée into a large sieve set over a bowl, and leave to drain in the fridge overnight. Do not stir.
- Next day, pour the juice from the bowl into a freezerproof container. Freeze until solid (at least 4 hours).
- Now caramelise the flesh. At this stage, in the restaurant, we rub the flesh through a sieve with the back of a ladle to make it very creamy. It's not vital, but it makes this dessert extra-special. Tip the sugar into a medium-sized frying pan and stir in 2 tbsp cold water. Stand for 5 minutes before heating slowly over a gentle heat, shaking the pan until the sugar dissolves into a clear syrup. When all the crystals have dissolved, raise the heat and cook to a medium golden colour. Tip in the pineapple flesh and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until flavoured and slightly reduced. Remove and cool, then keep in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve (The purée will keep for up to 2 days.)
- When the pineapple juice has frozen, scrape it into icy shavings using a large metal spoon. Place in another container and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide the purée between 8 shot or small wine glasses and top with yogurt. (They can be chilled for up to 4 hours at this point.) Remove the shavings from the freezer and spoon over the yogurt. Top each glass with a Frosted coriander sprig and serve with Coconut tuiles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 16 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.13 milligram of sodium
CUSTARD CAKE WITH CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients well. Add remaining ingredients except melted butter. Mix until batter is well combined using a whisk. Fold in melted butter and pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 3-inch squares and serve with Caramelized Pineapple.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Fold in diced pineapple and continue to cook until mixture has thickened.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE WITH RUM
- Preheat broiler and line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- Trim pineapple leaves to about 2 inches. Quarter pineapple lengthwise, reserving 2 quarters for another use. Cut and discard cores from remaining quarters. With a sharp knife cut fruit from rinds, keeping rinds intact and reserving them. Cut pineapple crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a small saucepan cook butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and rum over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add pineapple, stirring to coat, and cook mixture 1 minute.
- Put reserved rinds in baking pan and with a fork and spoon return pineapple pieces to rinds, arranging in original shape. Spoon remaining butter mixture over pineapple and sprinkle tops with remaining tablespoon brown sugar. Broil pineapple about 3 inches from heat until slightly charred and heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Serve caramelized pineapple with ice cream.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE TOPPING
- Divide the ingredients in half, and work in two batches. In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook butter and sugar until melted and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pineapple in a single layer with star anise. Saute, shaking pan occasionally, until the fruit is browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn; cook until other side is browned. Transfer to a gratin dish. Discard star anise before serving.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE FOOL
- Preheat the broiler. Place the pineapple slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Broil until the sugar is caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and cut into small wedges.
- In a medium metal bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 6 tablespoons of the sugar until thick and pale yellow. Whisk in the water. Place the bowl over a pan of hot but not simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture is very thick and warm, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla extract and whip until firm. Stir a little of the egg mixture into the cream. Fold in remaining egg mixture.
- Spoon a little of the custard into 6 narrow wine glasses. Top with a layer of pineapple, turning the pieces near the edge of the glass so that the caramelized side shows. Continue the layers, ending with the filling. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 427, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 29 milligrams, Sugar 45 grams
People also searched
More about "caramelized pineapple fool recipes"
EASY CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - HOPE, LOVE, AND FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE CUPCAKES - TASTY KITCHEN
See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE RECIPE - CHICA AND JO
See details »
PINEAPPLE COCONUT FOOL DESSERT - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
Reviews 9Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine the pineapple, coconut sugar and lime and simmer until slightly thickened, almost jam like, about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve prepare the whipped cream. Either using full fat heavy cream or coconut cream* whip until thickened, add in the vanilla and sweeten with coconut sugar until desired sweetness level is reached.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE WITH ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 418 per servingTotal Time 14 mins
- Slice pineapple into eight rings and cut each into 6 pieces. (If you can't find cored pineapple, buy a whole one and use a paring knife to remove skin and cut into slices. Extract core from each slice with a round cookie cutter.)
- Warm butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When butter begins to foam, add pineapple and brown sugar and cook, stirring frequently, until pineapple begins to brown and sugar is dissolved, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, scrape into a shallow bowl, and let stand until just warm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide ice cream among 6 dessert dishes. Top each with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately.
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- Preheat the grill. Halve the passion fruit and spoon the juice and seeds into a sieve resting over a bowl.
CARAMELIZED-PINEAPPLE SYRUP RECIPE - JULIAN COX | FOOD & WINE - …
Total Time 15 mins See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE CHUNKS FOR ONE PERSON - SINGLE SERVING CHEF
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 1Total Time 18 mins See details »
PINEAPPLE FOOL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 114 per servingServings 6 See details »
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE RECIPE WITH CARAMEL RUM - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Baking And DessertsCalories 496 per serving See details »
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE WITH RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM AND OVEN …
Servings 4Category Desserts See details »
EASY PINEAPPLE JAM - A FEAST FOR THE EYES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
7 FRUIT FOOL IDEAS | DELICIOUS DESSERTS, DESSERT RECIPES, DESSERTS
See details »
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
See details »
PINEAPPLE YOGURT FOOL - BETTERBUTTER
See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE FOOL RECIPES
See details »
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
HOW TO MAKE CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - YOUTUBE
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?