CASHEW SHRIMP STIR-FRY
This Cashew Shrimp Stir-fry is a Cantonese dish and an all-time favorite. Staying true to Cantonese cuisine, its flavor is mild and delicate--the shrimp are plump and crisp, and the cashews are crunchy and nutty.
Provided by Judy
Categories Fish & Seafood
Number Of Ingredients 14
- First, prepare the shrimp. Toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon sugar, baking soda, and 1/4 cup water, gently mixing everything together for a couple minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours and then rinse under cold running water for 5 minutes to wash away any sugar and baking soda. Pat the shrimp dry thoroughly with a paper towel. Marinate the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pinch of white pepper and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Now, since the dish comes together very quickly, and you want to avoid overcooking the shrimp, it's time to blanch the celery and red bell pepper. Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop the celery and red bell pepper in. After 30 seconds, drain the vegetables and shock them in ice water. Drain completely and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the minced ginger and chopped scallion and cook for 1 minute. Then turn up the heat to high and add the shrimp. Once the shrimp have just begun to turn pink, add the blanched celery and red bell pepper, along with the last 1/4 teaspoon sugar, the oyster sauce, and the cashews. Mix everything well, and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 17 g, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 143 mg, Sodium 332 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Heat oil in lg skillet; add shrimp, green onions, and red pepper.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add peas, broth, salt and ginger.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce and cornstarch; Stir in to shrimp and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cashews.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.5, Fat 21.7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 441.7, Sodium 2452.8, Carbohydrate 18.5, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 4.4, Protein 56.6
Oyster sauce, garlic, and ginger deliver big flavor to succulent sautéed shrimp in this speedy takeout-inspired supper. Roasted cashews and sliced celery add a pleasing crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, oyster sauce, and 3/4 cup water.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high. Swirl in oil, then add shrimp in a single layer; cook, undisturbed, 1 minute. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add celery, garlic, ginger, and red-pepper flakes; cook, still stirring, 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture; stir until sauce thickens and coats shrimp and vegetables, about 1 minute more. Stir in cashews; serve over rice, topped with celery leaves and more red-pepper flakes.
CASHEW SHRIMP WITH WATER CHESTNUTS
- In a medium bowl, place 2 cups warm water and add 1 teaspoon salt; stir to dissolve. Place the shrimp in the salt water and swirl. Leave the shrimp in salt water for 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, cut the shrimp into 3/4 inch diced pieces.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Place the celery and carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Heat the oil to 325 degrees F.
- Fry cashews until light brown (watch carefully as they burn easily). Drain on paper towel.
- Add the diced shrimp to the oil and blanch for 5 seconds. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon from oil and remove oil from the wok.
- Reheat wok until hot and add minced garlic and all the diced vegetables. Add the diced shrimp, sprinkle with the rice wine and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add the sauce mixture and stir until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Remove to platter and sprinkle cashews over top. Serve.
SPICY SHRIMP, CELERY, AND CASHEW STIR-FRY
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and wine, in a medium bowl, set aside. Mince the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a mini chopper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, the celery and cashews. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and stir-fry until the celery turns jade green, about 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Return the skillet to high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the shrimp and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stir-fry until shrimp turn pink and curl up, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger-garlic mixture and the scallion whites, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return the celery and cashews to the pan with most of the scallion greens and the reserved soy sauce mixture and stir over the heat for about 1 minute to mix together evenly and blend flavors. Mound the mixture on a platter and garnish with the remaining scallion greens.
SHRIMP, VEGETABLE AND CASHEW STIR-FRY
- Whisk cornstarch, egg whites and salt in large bowl until smooth. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let shrimp stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large wok or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok. Add broccoli and carrots and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add cashews, teriyaki sauce, Sherry and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper and cook 1 minute. Return shrimp to wok and stir-fry until coated with sauce and heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and additional crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Spoon shrimp and vegetable mixture onto platter. Spoon cooked rice around edge of platter and serve.
KEN HOM'S SHRIMP WITH CASHEW NUTS
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the shells, and sprinkle them with salt. Rinse thoroughly, drain and repeat the process two more times. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Combine the shrimp with the coating ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Mix well and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until it is hot and add the peanut oil. When the oil is just warm, quickly add the shrimp, stir to separate and turn off the heat. Allow the shrimp to sit in the warm oil for about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander set inside a stainless steel bowl, retaining some of the oil.
- Wipe the wok clean, return 1 1/2 tablespoons of the drained oil to the wok. And add the ginger and scallions, stir-frying for 30 seconds. Stir in the cashew nuts and salt, and continue to stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Return the shrimp to the wok with the remaining ingredients and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Turn out on a platter and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 459, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 752 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP (OR CHICKEN) WITH CASHEW NUTS
This is so easy to prepare and the taste is incredible. I've adapted this recipe from More Long-life Chinese Cooking From Madame Wong and though it calls for deep-frying the shrimp, or chicken, I usually stir-fry it to make it easier and more healthy. I LOVE this recipe!
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Mix shrimp with cornstarch.
- Heat oil*.
- Deep-fry shrimp (or chicken) until color changes.
- Deep-fry cashews in large strainer until light brown (about 30 seconds).
- Drain, Remove.
- Reheat 2 T.
- oil in wok.
- Fry chilies until dark brown.
- Add scallion and garlic.
- Stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add onion, stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add green pepper, stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- Remove chilies.
- Pour in sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp (or chicken) and nuts.
- Mix until shrimp (or chicken) and nuts are glazed.
- Removed to serving platter.
- Serve over rice.
- *You don't HAVE to deep-fry the shrimp and cashews, I usually stir-fry them in 1 T.
- oil* I use peanut oil for this recipe.
More about "cashew shrimp recipes"
CASHEW SHRIMP (WITH DELICIOUS BROWN SAUCE!) - RASA …
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsCategory Chinese RecipesCalories 484 per serving
- Marinate the shrimp with the Marinade, for 15 minutes. Combine all the ingredients in the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to blend well.
- Heat up a wok when 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is heated, add the marinated shrimp into the wok and do a few quick stirs, until the shrimp is half cooked or the surface of the shrimp turns opaque or white. Dish out and set aside.
- Clean the wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is heated, add the sliced ginger and stir-fry until you start smelling the gingery aroma. Add the snow peas, carrot, mushroom, and cashew nuts into the wok, stir and then add the shrimp back into the wok, follow by the sauce. Continue to stir-fry continuously until the shrimp is cooked through. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water. Dish out and serve with steamed rice. immediately with steamed rice.
CASHEW SHRIMP (EASY TO MAKE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
5/5 (3)Calories 457 per servingCategory Dinner
- Make the sauce next. In another bowl or large measuring cup, combine the tapioca starch with a small splash of the stock. Mix well then add all the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer. Work in 2 batches, if needed. Cook the shrimp for 1 minute then flip it over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir until it has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the cashews and serve with some sesame seeds and minced cilantro over the top.
QUICK SHRIMP STIR FRY | A 10 MINUTE STIR FRY RECIPE - MANTITLEMENT
COCONUT CASHEW SHRIMP | FOODLAND
CASHEW SHRIMP - BARIATRIC EATING
HONEY CASHEW SHRIMP [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
20 MINUTE CASHEW SHRIMP WITH STICKY GARLIC SOY SAUCE
CHINESE CASHEW SHRIMP STIR FRY - OLDWAYS
BEST SPICY CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SPICY CASHEW …
A SPICY CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE WITH A FLAVOR-BOMB SAUCE
CASHEW SHRIMP AND MANGO STIR FRY - CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE
CASHEW SHRIMP WITH VEGGIES STIR-FRY + MORE HEALTHY STIR …
HONEY CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KUNG PAO SHRIMP WITH CASHEWS RECIPE - JOYCE JUE | FOOD & WINE
10 MINUTE CASHEW SHRIMP - THIS RECIPE IS QUICK, EASY, AND DELICIOUS!
CASHEW CAJUN SHRIMP ALFREDO - BITES OF BERI
EASY CASHEW SHRIMP STIR-FRY - KIT'S KITCHEN
CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY CASHEW SHRIMP BOWL - THE WASHINGTON POST
HONEY CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - HOME CHEF
CASHEW SHRIMP: AN EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL - CALIGIRL COOKING
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH CASHEW NUTS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
SHEET PAN CASHEW SHRIMP - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH CASHEW NUTS | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HONEY CASHEW SHRIMP - RECIPE PETITCHEF
SIMPLE CANTONESE CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - CORIANDER CORNER
CHINESE FRIED CASHEW AND SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CASHEW SHRIMP NOODLES - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
SPICY CASHEW SHRIMP - FAT BOY NATURAL BBQ
SHRIMP AND CASHEW STIR-FRY | CANADIAN LIVING
CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPEの人気動画を探索しましょう | TIKTOK
THAI FOOD RECIPE: SHRIMP AND CASHEW NUTS STIR FRY
CASHEW SHRIMP STIR FRY RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
KUNG PAO SHRIMP WITH CASHEW NUTS - MAGIC SKILLET
HONEY CHILI CASHEW SHRIMP STIR-FRY - SAFEWAY
COCONUT SHRIMP - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
THAI CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE - PRACTICAL STEWARDSHIP
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #fruit #seafood #vegetables #american #asian #caribbean #easy #central-american #dinner-party #holiday-event #nuts #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #californian #low-carb #valentines-day #low-in-something #shellfish #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp with cashew nuts?Cook the shrimp for 1 minute then flip it over and cook for 1 minute more. Pour the sauce into the pan and stir until it has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the cashews and serve with some sesame seeds and minced cilantro over the top. If you have raw cashews on hand you can toast them for 7-8 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
How do you deep fry shrimp and cashews?Heat oil*. Deep-fry shrimp (or chicken) until color changes. Drain. Remove. Deep-fry cashews in large strainer until light brown (about 30 seconds). Drain, Remove. oil in wok.
What is the best way to cook shrimp for dinner?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Heat oil in lg skillet; add shrimp, green onions, and red pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Add peas, broth, salt and ginger. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix soy sauce and cornstarch; Stir in to shrimp and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the cashews.
What goes well with cashew shrimp?Complete the meal with a side of basmati rice or cauliflower rice and some steamed or roasted broccoli! Cashew shrimp is the seafood version of our popular cashew chicken recipe. It's deliciously sweet and sticky and easy to fall in love with. The shrimp are dusted in a little tapioca starch which makes a nice, crispy coating.