This cavatini recipe has been in my family as long as I can remember, and it is still a favorite. I love to make it when we have company; it's always a hit -Russ Palmer, Saranac, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, sauce mix and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour., Meanwhile, for pasta, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add macaroni and pastas. Return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full)., Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 903mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
- In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic. Cover, and simmer for one hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together pasta, ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, alternate pasta and cheese mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 calories, Carbohydrate 36.6 g, Cholesterol 66.5 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1234.7 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
This version of this popular dish is so easy, made with common ingredients and everyone loves it! From the "Lone Star Cookbook 1997-98", Aggie Moms Club, Texarkana TX.
Provided by loof751
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Chop the onion and green pepper.
- Cook pastas together; drain well.
- Saute beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are soft. Add the pepperoni and heat thoroughly. Drain excess grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spray a 3-qt casserole with cooking spray. Put 1/2 of the pasta in the casserole. Spoon 1/2 of the meat sauce mixture over the pasta. Spoon the container of cottage cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining pasta, then sauce, then mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 771.6, Fat 48.3, SaturatedFat 21.2, Cholesterol 174.4, Sodium 1387, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 3, Sugar 9.8, Protein 53.1
CAVATAPPI WITH SAUSAGE, KALE AND MUSHROOMS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt.
- In a large saute pan, 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat along with the sausage and 'nduja and cook, breaking apart the meat into smaller pieces, until the sausage is browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, then give them a stir and season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add the kale and continue to cook until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the pasta to the water and cook to al dente.
- Strain the pasta, reserving a small amount of the water in a bowl. Add the pasta to the saute pan and bring to a simmer. Add pasta water by 1/4 cup as needed if the pasta is dry. Toss, cooking until the pasta begins to get coated and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add the butter, then remove the pan from the heat and add half the cheese. Stir the mixture until thickened and glossy. If too thick, add a splash of the pasta water. Season to taste.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with the remaining cheese.
I found this recipe several years ago in Southern Living magazine and it is wonderful! My Mom really loves this so I always have to make it for her on special occasions. This really makes a HUGE amount...but the ingredients could easily be cut in half. Better yet, one dish could be frozen for later use. Enjoy!
Provided by Dreamgoddess
Yield 2 11x7 inch dishes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper until brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, mushrooms and salad peppers.
- Stir into the meat mixture.
- Add the cooked pasta shells.
- Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into 2 greased 11x7 inch baking dishes.
- Combine the two cheeses and divide the amount in half.
- Take one half of the cheese and sprinkle on top of the meat in each dish.
- Take the remaining 1/2 of the meat mixture and cover the cheese in the two dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top each dish with the remaining 1/2 of the cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3669.5, Fat 192.7, SaturatedFat 81.4, Cholesterol 596.4, Sodium 10441.9, Carbohydrate 279.3, Fiber 22.6, Sugar 72.9, Protein 203.2
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef with salt and pepper drain. In an ungreased 13" x 9" baking dish, layer half of spaghetti sauce, meat, pasta, cheese and pepperoni repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. From "Country Quick & Easy." Copyright Gooseberry Patch. Used with permission of the publisher, Gooseberry Patch. All Rights Reserved.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "cavatini recipes"
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA HUT'S CAVATINI - TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Prep the Pasta. You’ve gotta boil the noodles before you put everything together—and just one box of pasta goes...
- Make the Meat. Use the time while the pasta’s cooking to get your meat and veggie mixture ready. In a Dutch...
- Mix It All Together. Add the drained pasta to the meat mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa and...
COPYCAT PIZZA HUT CAVATINI SUPREME - THE HOUSEWIFE …
CAVATINI SUPREME RECIPE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
BAKED CAVATELLI CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MY MOM'S FAMILY STYLE CAVATINI #SUNDAYSUPPER
SLOW COOKER CAVATINI - GET CROCKED SLOW COOKER …
COPYCAT PIZZA HUT CAVATINI RECIPE - MASHED
CAVATINI - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
BAKED CAVATINI | MAGNOLIA DAYS
PIZZA HUT CAVATINI - COPYKAT RECIPES
CAVATINI – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY CAVATINI RECIPE THAT TASTES GREAT » MID'S
BAKED CAVATINI IN A DUTCH OVEN - AMATEUR CAMPER
RECIPE FOR CAVATINI RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CAVATINI - BOUNDLESS BLISS
RECIPE FOR CAVATINI - PIZZA OVER NOODLES - HUBPAGES
CAVETINI SUPREME BAKED PASTA RECIPE - GROWING UP GABEL
CAVATINI - BIGOVEN.COM
CAVATINI - PLAIN.RECIPES
FOUR MEAT CAVATINI | JO’S RECIPE BOX
CAVATINI • DANCE AROUND THE KITCHEN
EASY CAVATINI WITH RAGU PASTA SAUCE – GLUE STICKS AND GUMDROPS
BEST COPYCAT PIZZA HUT CAVATINI PASTA BAKE - PIZZA HUT COPYCAT …
QUICK AND EASY CAVATINI | DELICIOUS PASTA | EATWHEAT.ORG
CAVATINI RECIPE? - KAMADO COOKING AND DISCUSSION - KAMADO GURU
INSTANT POT CAVATINI - RECIPES TO GET YOU EATING IN AN INSTANT!
PIONEER WOMAN CAVATINI
7 BEST CAVATELLI PASTA RECIPES - PASTA.COM
CAVATINI RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HEALTHY CAVATINI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - CHASING VIBRANCE
BAKED CAVATINI - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
CAVATINI - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
CAVATINI - COOKING WITH SERENA
CAVATINI – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
CAVATINI SUPREME RECIPE | RECIPE | CAVATINI SUPREME RECIPE, …
CAVATINI RECIPE EASY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DELIGHTFUL PIZZA HUT COPYCAT RECIPE - THEFOODXP
CAVATINI - PLAIN.RECIPES
CAVATINI RECIPE, BAKED DISHES, EASY PASTA RECIPES - PINTEREST
CAVATINI RECIPE (PIZZA HUT COPYCAT) | RECIPES.NET
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #casseroles #main-dish #beef #pasta #pork #oven #european #italian #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #ground-beef #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love