This is really a fabulous hors d'oeuvre. Everything except frosting the pie with sour cream can be completed well ahead of time. Plus, it serves alot of people!
Provided by Normaone
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mash hard cooked eggs and mix with butter and half of chopped onion.
- Spread evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and refrigrate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Mash anchovies and blend with mayonnaise and chopped parsley.
- Spread on top of egg mixture.
- Carefully combine caviar and remaining chopped onion and add lemon juice.
- Spread on top of pie.
- Refrigrate until serving time.
- Frost with sour cream just before serving.
- Garnish with a little extra chopped parsley.
- Serve with simple crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.9, Fat 17.6, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 217.7, Sodium 313.8, Carbohydrate 4.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.1, Protein 7.8
LUMPFISH CAVIAR PIE
A delicious and sophisticated appetizer.
Provided by Jennifer Crompton Stretch
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Dips and Spreads Recipes Cheese Dips and Spreads Recipes Cold Cheese Dip Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grease an 8-inch spring-form pan and set aside. Stir together the hard-cooked eggs and mayonnaise. Evenly spread into the bottom of the spring-form pan and sprinkle the minced onion over the top. Stir together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and spread over the onion layer. Cover and chill at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once completely chilled, unwrap the pan and spread the lumpfish roe over the top. Run a knife around the edge of the pie and remove the side of the spring-form pan. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4.9 g, Cholesterol 122.3 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 93.3 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
Make and share this Caviar Pie recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Magicshell
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Dice the hard boiled eggs. Stir in the mayonnaise and onions. Season mixture. In a greased springform pan, layer the egg mixture.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the fresh parsley. Season mixture. Layer on top of egg mixture and smooth surface.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Drain each color of caviar on separate paper towels.
- Create a shape or design, using the different colors of caviar. Chill.
- Be careful unmolding the springform pan.
- Serve with toast points or crackers.
- Blend the eggs and mayonnaise (using enough mayonnaise just to bind the eggs) in a small bowl. Line a well-buttered 8 or 9-inch pie pan with the egg mixture, pressing firmly over the bottom and up the sides to form the crust. Scatter the scallions over the crust, then spread with the caviar. Frost with the sour cream and refrigerate until ready to serve. Set the caviar pie on a cocktail table with crackers or freshly made melbas, which can be dipped or spread.;
TEXAS CAVIAR WISCONSIN-STYLE
Texas caviar is great with corn chip scoops or just on its own. Play with the recipe and add more items. You want all your vegetables diced to roughly the same size. This is a family favorite. Enjoy!
Provided by TerryR
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Dips and Spreads Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the cider vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until the volume is reduced to about 1 cup. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Mix the shoepeg corn, celery, black-eyed peas, green bell pepper, and avocado together in a bowl. Pour the cooled vinegar mixture over the corn mixture; gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.5 g, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 281.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
CAVIAR PIE ROMANOFF
- Combine eggs with mayonnaise. Spread over bottom of well greased 8" springform pan. Sprnkle with onion. Soften cream cheese and blend with sour cream until smooth. Spread over onion with wet spatula. Cover. Chill 3 hours or overnight. Before serving, top with caviar, spread to pan edges. Run knife arund pan sides; loosen and lift over.
Provided by Richard Snyder
Categories Condiment/Spread Food Processor Egg Appetizer No-Cook Cocktail Party Quick & Easy New Year's Eve Cream Cheese Chill Bon Appétit Santa Monica California
Yield Serves 16
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Spray 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch-diameter springform pan with vegetable oil spray. Combine onion and sugar in medium bowl. Place 10 whites and 6 yolks in processor (reserve remaining yolks for another use). Chop coarsely. Add mayonnaise and relish and process just until combined (do not overmix to paste). Add to bowl with onion and blend well. Spread over bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine Neufchâtel cheese and milk in processor. Blend well. Drop cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over chilled egg layer and spread gently to cover. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Spoon caviar decoratively atop cheese layer. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Press bottom of tart pan up or remove sides of springform pan, releasing pie. Place pie on platter; surround with crackers.
Depending on where you're from, this simple dip is known as cowboy caviar or Texas caviar, and it's a favorite at tailgates and potlucks all over the South. Its creator, Helen Corbitt, a dietitian from New York, had never heard of black-eyed peas when she moved to Texas in 1931. The exact details are fuzzy, but at some point in her 40 years working in restaurants there, she combined black-eyed peas with a simple vinaigrette, and it was a big hit. The recipe has evolved over the years, and you can find a number of variations online. Some contain corn and black beans (as this one does), and others avocado. Some call for bottled Italian salad dressing, others homemade. No matter how you tweak it, it's always good with a pile of tortilla chips.
Provided by Margaux Laskey
Categories easy, snack, crackers and chips, dips and spreads, finger foods, appetizer
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to combine.
- Add the tomatoes, red onion, black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, bell pepper, jalapeño and cilantro. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, toss well and season to taste. Sprinkle with scallions and serve with tortilla chips.
More about "caviar pie recipes"
CAVIAR PIE RECIPE - GLOBAL SEAFOODS NORTH AMERICA
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAVIAR - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
10 BEST CAVIAR APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAVIAR RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
BEHOLD: SUSAN STAMBERG'S SPECIAL RECIPE FOR CAVIAR PIE : …
ANNIE'S CAVIAR PIE - RUHLMAN
MUSTARD CAVIAR RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CAVIAR RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
COWBOY CAVIAR - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CAVIAR PIE | HUFFPOST LIFE
CAVIAR TARTLETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST EVER COWBOY CAVIAR RECIPE (10-MINUTES TO MAKE)
EGG & CAVIAR PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CAVIAR RECIPES - NYT COOKING
CAVIAR PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CAVIAR PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
CAVIAR RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPETIT
CAVIAR RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
LIST: WHERE TO BUY THE DELICIOUS CAVIAR PIES IN MANILA - COSMO.PH
CAVIAR PIE | EMERILS.COM
CAVIAR PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST CAVIAR RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
SALMON AND CAVIAR PIE | EMERILS.COM
ONE FOR THE TABLE: CAVIAR PIE AND A MOTHER'S LOVE - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
DINNER PARTY FROM HELL PART 2: KATHY HILTON COMMENTARY | STYLE
CAVIAR PIE RECIPES | WAYFAIR
RECIPE: CAVIAR PIE – SUN SENTINEL
FOUR-LAYER CAVIAR DIP RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
CAVIAR PIE IS A GET-TOGETHER STANDOUT - DALLAS NEWS
RECIPES: CAVIAR PIE | FOX 59
10 BEST CAVIAR CREAM CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPES - YUMMLY
FRUIT CAVIAR | 12 TOMATOES
CREAM CHEESE CAVIAR PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CAVIAR PIE ON A BUDGET: HOW TO MAKE THIS KATHY HILTON PARTY FAVORITE
CLASSIC CAVIAR PIE | WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
BEHOLD: SUSAN STAMBERG'S SPECIAL RECIPE FOR CAVIAR PIE
SALMON AND CAVIAR PIE
FANCY APPETIZER WITH CAVIAR, EGGS AND CREAM CHEESE - PORT CITY …
VIDEO: SALMON AND CAVIAR PIE | MARTHA STEWART
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #preparation #appetizers #dips #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love