CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS AND OLIVES
This deeply versatile recipe is essentially a robust baked cauliflower salad. You can serve it room temperature as an antipasto, as part of a buffet or warm as a nearly vegetarian main course with rice pilaf, roasted sweet potatoes or pasta. It is also a perfect make-ahead side dish to accompany nearly everything from roasted chicken or fish fillets to steaks and chops.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories vegetables, main course, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, with a large knife, cut the cauliflower into quarters. Cut off the tough core at the stem end of each piece. Cut cauliflower quarters into rough 1/2-inch slices. Cut larger slices into several pieces, so all the chopped cauliflower is about the same size.
- Salt boiling water generously and add chopped cauliflower. Cook for 2 minutes, then drain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl, put garlic, anchovy, olives, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk ingredients together and taste. Adjust salt or lemon juice as necessary.
- Add blanched cauliflower to the bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add a generous pinch of red-pepper flakes, or add to taste, and toss cauliflower with your hands to coat evenly with dressing.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish, small roasting pan or sheet pan. (Recipe may be prepared up to this point several hours ahead of baking.)
- To finish, heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake cauliflower, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, until top is browned and beginning to char in some places. For extra char, place dish under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature with a sprinkling of parsley and scallions. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 116, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 353 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVY, CAPERS, AND FRESH THYME
- Roast the cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and reserve. Cut the cauliflower heads in half, then into bite-size florets. Cut the stalks into bite-size pieces also. Place the florets and stalk pieces in a roasting pan, and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels to drain.
- Make the garlic chips: Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a small saucepan. Add the garlic and set the pan over medium heat. Heat the oil until the chips are golden and crisp, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Make the anchovy sauce: Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and fry the anchovies, garlic, capers, and thyme, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the anchovies and infuse the oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant. Add the cream and Parmesan, and bring to a simmer. Just before serving, add the roasted cauliflower pieces and fold in the reserved leaves. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and top with the fried garlic chips, cracked black pepper, and shaved Parmesan.
CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND PARSLEY
- Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook cauliflower 10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and sauté cauliflower another 5-10 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and toss with olive mixture and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.1, Fat 29, SaturatedFat 4.1, Sodium 239.1, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 7.1, Protein 7.3
CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES AND CRUSHED OLIVES
In this versatile side dish, cauliflower is both sautéed (for flavor and tenderness) and left raw (for crunch), then dressed with warm, crushed olives and melted anchovies. The preserved lemon, which is optional, may seem like a bit much given all the other salty, briny ingredients, but its punch does a lot to bring everything together.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the anchovies, and let them melt and sizzle in the olive oil, about 2 minutes. Add about ¾ of the cauliflower, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the cauliflower is browned on one side, 4 to 7 minutes. Add the olives and half of the oregano and give it a stir. Continue to cook until the cauliflower is completely softened and evenly browned, another 4 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl along with scallions, preserved lemon (if using), vinegar and remaining raw cauliflower. Season with salt, pepper and more vinegar, if you like.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large serving platter or bowl and top with parsley, remaining oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 192, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 523 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH CLEMENTINES AND OLIVES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons oil. season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping one, until tender and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter with clementine segments and olives.
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette: Whisk remaining oil with vinegar and clementine zest and season with salt. Drizzle over cauliflower, clementines, and olives and sprinkle with parsley.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CAPERS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide cauliflower and capers between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with 3 tablespoons oil; toss to combine. Season with salt. Spread in a single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is golden brown and tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Toss with marjoram. Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with oil.
CRISPY CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES, CAPERS, AND PARSLEY
- In a small bowl stir together olives, capers, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook cauliflower, covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and sauté cauliflower until tender and browned, 5 to 10 minutes more. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and toss with olive mixture and parsley. Season cauliflower with salt and pepper.
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER, LEMON & CAPER ORZO
Make this easy orzo and cauliflower dish in just 25 minutes. It serves one for a main meal, plus there's leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Dinner, Supper
Yield Serves 1, plus 1 lunchbox for leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the grill to high. Toss the cauliflower with half the oil and some seasoning. Tip onto a baking tray and grill for 15-20 mins until golden, charred, and tender all the way through.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo in a pan of boiling salted water for 8 mins, or until al dente. Drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and sizzle the capers and garlic until golden. Stir in the orzo, cauliflower, lemon zest and juice and the stock. Bubble for 1 min, then spoon half into a bowl and top with the rocket. Leave the leftovers to cool for the lunchbox, see tip below.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
Categories Salad Blender Fish Olive Vegetable Side Quick & Easy Buffet Vinegar Cauliflower Hot Pepper Winter Capers Gourmet Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook cauliflower until just tender, about 4 minutes. In a colander drain cauliflower and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Drain cauliflower well and in a large bowl toss with olives, celery, peperoncini, capers, and caper berries.
- Make vinaigrette:
- In a blender blend vinaigrette ingredients until combined well.
- Add vinaigrette to salad, tossing well, and season with salt and pepper. Salad will improve in flavor if kept, covered and chilled, at least 1 day and up to 3. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CAPER BROWN BUTTER
Turn boring cauliflower into a delicious side when you top it with a caper and garlic brown butter. I like to cut my cauliflower into slices instead of florets, so there is more flat surface area for roasting and the topping doesn't slide off.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim off the bottom of the cauliflower stem to create a flat surface. Place cauliflower head onto a cutting board with the stem side facing down; cut the cauliflower vertically into 1 to 1 1/2-inch thick slices. Remove any tough stem pieces. Cut the slices into smaller pieces, about the size of florets. Place on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes; flip pieces over and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cut butter into 4 pieces. Melt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Butter will foam up, then subside. The butter should have a nutty aroma. Stir in garlic and continue stirring for 15 to 20 seconds. Add in capers and lemon pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spoon brown butter over the roasted cauliflower and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.9 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 272.4 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVE OIL AND CAPERS
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F Lightly oil a 9-inch pie plate or square baking dish.
- Core cauliflower, leaving head intact, then discard core and put cauliflower head in pan.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over top of cauliflower and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice, capers, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, then whisk in remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- Surround cauliflower with parsley sprigs and drizzle cauliflower and parsley with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.8, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 352.9, Carbohydrate 5, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 1.9, Protein 1.9
CAULIFLOWER WITH CAPERS AND LEMON
- Place cauliflower into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, capers, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Reserve remaining lemon zest for another use.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and pour dressing over top. Add Parmesan cheese and thyme; mix until completely coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 6.3 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 712 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
More about "charred cauliflower with anchovies capers and olives recipes"
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS AND OLIVES RECIPE | EAT …
ROAST CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES AND CAPERS RECIPE - WAITROSE
CAULIFLOWER - ARTICLE - FINECOOKING
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND PARSLEY - CHAPEL HILL ...
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH GREEN OLIVES AND CAPERS - SMITTEN KITCHEN
EASY ANCHOVY RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CAULIFLOWER RECIPE WITH ANCHOVIES AND CAPERS - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
WHOLE-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES & CAPERS - HOUSE
CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES & OIL-CURED OLIVES RECIPE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH ANCHOVIES,OLIVES & CAPERS
BROWNED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, OLIVES & CAPERS - RECIPE
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS & OLIVES
LINGUINE WITH ANCHOVIES, OLIVES AND CAPERS - YUMMY AND TASTY
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH CAPER-ANCHOVY-GARLIC SAUCE - WILLIAMS …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CREAMY ANCHOVIES & CAPERS: RECIPE
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS AND OLIVES
MILD CAULIFLOWER MAKES FOR AN EASYGOING DINNER PARTNER
ROMANESCO CAULIFLOWER PASTA WITH OLIVES, CAPERS, AND PARSLEY
HOW TO MAKE CHARRED CAULIFLOWER - WOMAN'S DAY
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVY SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER AND SHISHITOS WITH LEMON AND CAPERS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES - GOURMANDE IN THE KITCHEN
ITALIAN CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
CHARRED CAULIFLOWER WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS AND OLIVES
CAULIFLOWER STEAK WITH OLIVE AND CAPER SALSA - COOK REPUBLIC
PENNE PASTA WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, CAPERS, AND OLIVES RECIPE ...
SAUTéED CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS — TABLE MAGAZINE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CAPERS, RAISINS, & BREADCRUMBS
PASTA WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CRISPY CAPERS RECIPE
WHOLE-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH FRIED CAPERS AND BROWN BUTTER ...
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CAPERS AND PARMESAN RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
CAULIFLOWER WITH TOMATOES, DILL AND CAPERS RECIPE - PAMELA SALZMAN
CAULIFLOWER, OLIVE, PEPPER AND CAPER SALAD RECIPE - PUREWOW
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CAPERS & BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
You'll also love