CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the butter and with your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture resembling coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese and chives and mix through.
- With a knife, cut the milk into the flour and butter mixture.until you have a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and working very gently, bring together into a disc around 3-4cm in height. With a very sharp cookie cutter, cut out scones then place onto the lined baking tray. Bring the remainder of the dough together and repeat the cutting process until all the dough has been used.
- Whisk the egg then brush the tops of your scones and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the scones are risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with butter.
CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder, chives, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or rubbing between your fingers until flour mixture resembles pea-sized lumps. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Whisk 1/2 cup milk and sour cream together in a measuring cup. Pour all at once into flour mixture, and stir gently until well blended. Avoid overworking the dough.
- Pat dough into 2- to 3-inch balls, depending on what size you want, using floured hands. Place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly, letting scones barely touch each other. Brush tops with remaining milk. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly; break scones apart before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Cholesterol 31.2 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 284.6 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 16 large scones
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 4 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Mix the eggs and heavy cream and quickly add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Combine until just blended. Toss together the Cheddar, dill, and 1 tablespoon of flour and add them to the dough. Mix until they are almost incorporated.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead it for 1 minute, until the Cheddar and dill are well distributed. Roll the dough 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch squares and then in half diagonally to make triangles. Brush the tops with egg wash. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes, until the outside is crusty and the inside is fully baked.
These rich, tender scones are packed with chunks of Cheddar cheese and diced bacon, and accented with fresh chives. Serve them with soup or a salad for a satisfying meal.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.
- Mix in the cheese, chives, and bacon till evenly distributed.
- Add ¾ cup of the cream, stirring to combine. Try squeezing the dough together; if it's crumbly and won't hang together, or if there are crumbs remaining in the bottom of the bowl, add cream until the dough comes together. Transfer the shaggy dough to a well-floured work surface.
- Pat the dough into a smooth 7" disk about ¾" thick. Transfer the disk to the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a knife or bench knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges, spreading the wedges apart a bit on the pan.
- Brush the scones with a bit of cream; this will help their crust brown.
- Bake the scones for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Yield: 8 large scones.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396, Fat 27.4, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 69.8, Sodium 761.3, Carbohydrate 26.5, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.3, Protein 10.6
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add chives and Cheddar, tossing to combine. Stir in cream with a fork until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 times with floured hands. Halve dough and form each half into a 7-inch round. Brush tops of rounds with additional cream and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges about 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
More about "cheddar and chive scones recipes"
BACON CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES RECIPE
4.8/5 (363)Total Time 44 minsServings 8Calories 460 per serving
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment., Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly, with some of the butter remaining in larger pieces., Mix in the cheese, chives, and bacon until evenly distributed., Add 3/4 cup of the cream, stirring to combine.
- Try squeezing the dough together; if it's crumbly and won't hang together, or if there are crumbs remaining in the bottom of the bowl, add cream until the dough comes together.
CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SAVORY SCONES
4.4/5 (77)Total Time 35 minsCategory Bread, Side DishCalories 330 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or food processor.
GARLIC CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES RECIPE
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES RECIPE - FIFTEEN …
CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE - BBC …
BACON, CHEDDAR, AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEDDAR GARLIC AND CHIVE DROP SCONES - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
CHEDDAR, GARLIC & CHIVE SCONES - GLOBAL BAKES
RECIPE: CHEESE AND BACON SCONES | VANCOUVER SUN
EASY BACON CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - BAKE & BACON
CHEDDAR AND CHIVES SCONES - INA EATS IN
TOP 46 BACON CHEDDAR SCONES RECIPE RECIPES
BACON, CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES | RICARDO
CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE | PBS FOOD
CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SAVORY CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE | CHEW OUT LOUD
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - THE CUP OF LIFE
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - FOOD CHANNEL
TOP 41 CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONE RECIPE RECIPES
CHEDDAR & CHIVES SCONES - SUGAR SPICE 'N EVERYTHING NICE
RECIPE: CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - MORE THAN MEAT AND POTATOES
SAVORY CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE | A MAGICAL MESS
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND CHIVES SCONES - SALTY GINGER
CHEDDAR-CHIVE SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES – SUGARY LOGIC
PAUL HOLLYWOOD’S CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES | I WANNA BAKE!
BACON CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES - BAKERS TABLE
SAVORY KETO SCONES WITH CHEDDAR AND CHIVES - STEM + SPOON
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE FOR...
CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
SAVORY SCONES WITH GRUYERE AND CHIVES - PINCH AND SWIRL
SAVORY CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES (THEY PAIR PERFECTLY WITH ANY …
GLUTEN-FREE BACON-CHEDDAR-CHIVE SCONES RECIPE - KING ARTHUR …
CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES | WHOLESOME PATISSERIE
CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
HAM AND CHEESE SCONES - DAMN DELICIOUS
BACON CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES RECIPE| I CAN COOK THAT
BEST CHEDDAR CHIVE BUTTERMILK SCONES RECIPES - FOOD …
CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES - COOKING WITH TEAM J
SAVORY SCONES WITH BACON CHEDDAR AND CHIVE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
You'll also love