PECAN CHEESE LOGS
Monterey Jack, Colby and cream cheese come together with seasonings to create these logs that everyone will enjoy. Roll them in toasty pecans for the perfect finishing touch. -Melissa Goff, Burkburnett, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 logs (12 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheeses, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into two logs, about 6 in. long. Roll in pecans, pressing down gently., Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189 calories, Fat 18g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 155mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
Lots of holiday treats are sweet. For a change of pace, I fill goodie bags with my cheese crackers. The recipe has a large yield, but you can freeze the dough logs to bake later. -Heather Necessary, Shamokin Dan, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans., Shape into eight 10-in. long logs. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are crisp and lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bags; place in freezer. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 19mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
HOMEMADE CHEDDAR AND PECAN CRISPS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coarsely grate the cheddar cheese, and transfer it to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cut the two sticks of butter into sixteen pieces, and scatter the pieces over the cheese. Let the cheese and butter soften. Place the pecans in one layer on a baking sheet, and toast them in the oven until they are a shade darker and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. While the nuts are still warm, transfer them to a medium bowl and toss with the remaining tablespoon of butter (the hot nuts will melt the butter) and salt to taste. Cool the nuts completely, then finely chop.
- Add the chopped pecans, flour, a pinch of salt, cayenne, and black pepper to the bowl of the mixer, and beat the ingredients at medium speed until the mixture pulls together into a dough, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into eight pieces. On a sheet of waxed paper, roll each piece of the dough into a log 1 inch in diameter, and wrap the logs tightly in waxed paper and foil. Chill the logs for at least 8 hours and up to 1 week. The dough will keep frozen for 2 months.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Working with one log at a time, cut the log crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices, and arrange the slices 1/2 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake the crisps in batches until they are golden and just firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the wafers on the baking sheet. Stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the wafers will keep for up to 4 days.
CHEDDAR BISCUITS WITH PECANS
- Place cheese, butter, flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor; process until a dough is formed, about 10 seconds. Turn dough out onto work surface and divide into two equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 1 1/2-inch-thick log; wrap with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate until dough is firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unwrap dough and slice each log crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place dough rounds on prepared baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart; gently press a pecan half into the center of each. Brush with egg whites and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake biscuits until crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "cheddar cheese pecan log recipes"
PECAN CHEESE LOG RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CHEDDAR CHEESE PECAN LOG ARCHIVES - 300,000+ RECIPES & MEAL …
PECAN CHEESE LOG RECIPE
BEST CHEESE LOG RECIPE - PECAN CHEESE LOGS RECIPE | TASTE OF …
CHEDDAR PECAN ROLL RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CHEDDAR PECAN LOG - THRIFTY FOODS
APPETIZER RECIPE - PECAN CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE LOG
10 BEST CHEESE LOG CREAM CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 BEST CHEESE BALL AND CHEESE LOG RECIPES - FOOD COM
CHEDDAR PECAN LOG - THRIFTYFOODS.COM
CHEDDAR-PECAN LOAF - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
CRANBERRY PECAN CHEESE LOG | DON'T GO BACON MY HEART
CHEDDAR CHEESE PECAN LOG RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHEDDAR CHEESE LOG RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHEESE LOG RECIPE WITH PECANS | HOLIDAY RECIPES - EAT TRAVEL LIFE
BLUE CHEESE LOGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESE LOG WITH BACON AND CHEDDAR - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
PECAN CHEESE LOGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET AND SAVORY BUTTER PECAN CHEESE LOG - COOKING WITH …
PECAN CHEESE LOGS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GARLIC CHEESE LOG - PAULA DEEN
CHEDDAR CHEESE LOG - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHEESE BALL WITH PECANS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PECAN CHEESE LOG - RECIPE WILD
CHERRY CHEESE LOG RECIPE (CHERRY CHEESE BALL ... - DINNER, THEN …
BEST BACON PECAN CHEESE LOG RECIPE - DELISH
CHEESE AND DILL LOG - MY FOOD AND FAMILY RECIPES
CHEESE LOG APPETIZER RECIPE - THIS CAN BE MADE INTO 2 CHEESE …
CHEESE LOG RECIPE - TWISTEDPEPPER.COM
CHEDDAR CHEESE LOG | SAVEUR
BACON PECAN CHEESE LOG RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEDDAR & BACON LOG RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
PECAN CHEESE LOGS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEDDAR CHEESE PECAN LOG RECIPE - FOOD.COM
How To Make A Bacon Pecan Cheese Log | Delish3K views-01:06
Cooking with Cream Cheese: Bacon and Pecan Cheese Log5.8K views-05:32
Cranberry Cheese Log8.2K views-16:19
Cranberry Pecan Cheese Log2.4K views-01:05
Cranberry & Nut Goat Cheese Log Recipe276 views-05:44
How to Make A Pecan Cheese Log Recipe | HOLIDAY RECIPES | Snacks28 views-02:47
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cheese logs with pecans?Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Shape cheese mixture into two 7-in.-long logs; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap logs; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
How to make pecan cookies with cream cheese?Directions. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheeses, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into two logs, about 6 in. long. Roll in pecans, pressing down gently. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
How do you make pecans and cherries cheesecake?Directions 1 In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and ginger until smooth. Fold in cherries. Refrigerate, covered,... 2 Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Shape cheese mixture into two 7-in.-long logs; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap logs; More ...
How do you make a cheese log with bacon and cheese?In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with cheddar, garlic powder, half the bacon, half the pecans, and half the chives. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Empty bowl out onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a log shape with your hands.