CHERRY-APRICOT CREAM CHEESE TART
- Make crust:
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter and process, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles very coarse meal. Add yolk and process until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep chilled. Let soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.)
- Make filling:
- Beat cream cheese and orange peel in medium bowl to blend. Whisk sugar, yolks, cornstarch and flour in small bowl until smooth. Bring milk to simmer in saucepan. Gradually whisk hot milk into yolk mixture; return to same pan. Whisk over low heat until custard thickens and boils. Cool custard 15 minutes. Beat barely warm custard into cream cheese mixture. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling; chill until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough gently into place; trim excess dough. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake crust until golden, piercing with fork if bottom bubbles, about 5 minutes. Cool crust in pan on rack.
- Spread cream cheese filling over crust. Arrange cherries, cut side down, in 2 concentric circles around edge of tart. Arrange apricots in middle of tart, overlapping slightly. Place any remaining cherries in center. Stir preserves in saucepan over low heat until beginning to melt. Strain into small bowl. Brush enough preserves over fruit to glaze. Serve immediately or chill up to 6 hours.
APRICOT CREAM CHEESE THUMBPRINTS
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the cream cheese mixture until just combined. Cover, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using your finger, make an indention in the center of each ball, and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of apricot preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 16.1 mg, Fat 4.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 43.3 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
These tiny tarts are an extra-special dessert for any holiday or occasion. We love the fruity and nutty flavor. -Phyllis Hickey, Bedford, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. , For filling, in a small saucepan, bring apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside., Shape dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups. , Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spoon a dollop onto each tart. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 61mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
RUSTIC CHERRY-APRICOT TART
- Crust:Pulse flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle in 6 tablespoons ice water evenly. Pulse until dough holds together when pressed between 2 fingers (it should not be wet or sticky). If too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue pulsing. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour; or freeze up to 3 months.
- Filling:In a large bowl, combine apricots, cherries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt. On a lightly floured piece of parchment, roll out dough to a 15-inch circle. Transfer to a 10-inch pie dish; pour filling into crust. Fold edges of crust over filling, overlapping as necessary. Brush edges of dough with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with racks in middle and bottom. Place a foil-lined baking sheet on bottom rack. Bake on middle rack until pastry is golden and juices are bubbling in center, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. (If crust is browning too quickly, tent with foil.) Transfer to a wire rack; let cool at least 2 hours before serving. Pie can be stored at room temperature up to 1 day.
APPLE-CHERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE
A layer of sweetened cream cheese topped with a tart fruit filling makes this apple cherry cheese pie popular with family, friends and co-workers. It won the blue ribbon at a local fair. -Donna L. Rettew, Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., Preheat oven to 425°. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla until blended. In a large bowl, toss apples with flour, pie spice, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in cherries., On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim., Spread cream cheese mixture onto bottom of pastry. Add apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top., Bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts :
APRICOT-CHERRY BARS WITH OATMEAL CRUMBLE TOPPING
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13-by-9-inch Pyrex baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Stir in butter with a fork until well mixed and clumps have formed. Spread 1 1/2 packed cups of oat mixture over the bottom of the pan, pressing to form a thin crust.
- Mix coconut, almonds, cherries, apricots and milk in a large bowl. Pour over crust, using a rubber spatula to evenly distribute and press down. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over dried fruit filling.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. (You can cover and store at room temperature up to 2 days.)
- To serve, cut into generous 1 1/2-inch squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Cholesterol 8.9 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 50.5 mg, Sugar 16.3 g
ALMOND, APRICOT, AND CREAM CHEESE CROSTATA
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend almond paste and 3 tablespoons sugar in processor until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla and blend until filling is smooth. Unroll crust on heavy rimmed baking sheet. Spread filling over crust, leaving 1 1/2-inch plain border. Arrange apricot quarters, rounded side down, in spoke pattern in 2 concentric circles atop filling. Fold dough border up over edge of filling. Brush exposed apricots with warm jam. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake crostata until crust is golden brown and apricots are tender and slightly browned, about 43 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed amaretti. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CHERRY CHEESE TARTS
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Line sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with foil baking cups. In medium bowl stir together crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in margarine or butter. Pat 1 slightly rounded tablespoon crumb mixure into each baking cup.2. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Spoon over crumbs in baking cups.3. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.4. Spoon pie filling on top of each. Store in refrigerator.*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "cherry apricot cream cheese tart recipes"
30 SWEET AND SAVORY TART RECIPES THAT ARE EASY AND TASTY
CHERRY CHEESECAKE ALMOND TARTS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
MAKE CREAM CHEESE DANISHES FROM SCRATCH - BAKES AND BLUNDERS
APRICOT JELLO RECIPES CREAM CHEESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHERRY-APRICOT-CREAM-CHEESE-TART | QUICK & EASY RECIPES
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE TARTS – RECIPES NETWORK
MINI CHERRY CREAM CHEESE TARTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY FRUIT TART RECIPE (NO BAKE CHEESECAKE) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CREAM CHEESE TART - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CREAM CHEESE CHERRY TART RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APRICOT TART - A DELICIOUS & HOMEMADE APRICOT TART …
APRICOT AND CREAM CHEESE PASTRY - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
CHERRY CHEESECAKE TARTS - BIGOVEN
CHERRY TOMATO TART RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
APRICOT AND CHERRY TART WITH MARZIPAN TOPPING - DAVID LEBOVITZ
APRICOT AND CREAM CHEESE TARTS - NZ HERALD | RECIPE | CREAM …
APRICOT CREAM DESSERT - NAVICOMPANY.COM
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE TARTS - RECIPES - PAGE 8 | COOKS.COM
10 BEST CHERRY TARTS WITH PIE FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR BEST APRICOT RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
APRICOT CHERRY RUSTIC TART - GET THE GOOD STUFF!
APRICOT & ALMOND BISTRO TART RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE APRICOT APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CHERRY ALMOND TART RECIPE - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
CHERRY AND APRICOT CAKE WITH AMARETTO CREAM - VIKALINKA
26 DELICIOUSLY EASY CREAM CHEESE DESSERTS – THE KITCHEN …
EASY CHERRY DANISH WITH SWEET CREAM CHEESE - ALL WE EAT
ALMOND, APRICOT, AND CREAM CHEESE CROSTATA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
APRICOT CREAM TARTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PINEAPPLE - APRICOT CREAM CHEESE TART - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHERRY TART RECIPE
APRICOT CREAM CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING …
APRICOT RAISIN CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
RECIPES FOR EXTREME CHEESE TART WITH APRICOT CREAM WITH GROCERY …
EASY CREAM CHEESE TART | MIDWEST LIVING
APRICOT & CHERRYBAKEWELL TART RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apricot tart?This apricot tart is a really simple and delicious recipe. Nothing beats a homemade apricot tart. Especially when it is made with fresh apricots. Enjoy! For the pastry, mix the flour and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix for 1 minute. Add the egg and 15ml (1 tbsp) of water.
How do you make a cherry pie crust?To Make Crust: Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crust forms small crumbs. Put one spoonful of crust into each cup cake liner and pat it down. Spoon a layer of filling on top of crusts. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. When tarts are fresh from oven, spoon cherry pie filling over top of each.
How do you make tarts from scratch?It's hard to believe that just five ingredients and a few minutes of preparation can result in these delicate and scrumptious tarts! —Cindi Mitchell, Waring, Texas In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spoon into shells.
How do you make tart shells with cream cheese?Cream cheese adds a deliciously rich flavor to these tart shells. Blend butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour just until blended. Chill about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Shape dough into 24 1-inch balls and press into ungreased 1 1/2-inch muffin cups (mini-muffin size) to make a shallow shell.