This recipe makes a delicious stuffing for our Spice-Cured Turkey.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Vegetarian Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a chestnut knife or a small paring knife, make an incision about 1/8 inch deep through the shell and into the flesh of the chestnut almost all the way around the circumference of the nut. Transfer to a chestnut pan or rimmed baking pan. Roast in the oven until the chestnuts are tender, about 35 minutes. Turn the oven off. Leaving the pan with the chestnuts in the oven, remove several at a time. Working quickly, place 1 chestnut in a towel, and, holding both, peel the chestnut while still hot. Remove and discard the shells and inner skin; coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Remove crusts from bread, and set aside. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place in a single layer on two baking sheets, and toast in the oven until dry, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool. Place reserved crusts in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Place prunes and apple cider in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until all liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the chestnuts, red onion, half the celery, and half the apples. Cook until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and crumbs, prune mixture, chestnut mixture, remaining celery, apples, eggs, heavy cream, and sage. Stir to combine. The juices from the brine will season the stuffing; stir before serving.
- Stuffing can be baked in turkey until its temperature reaches 165 degrees. Excess stuffing can be seasoned with salt and pepper and baked in a buttered baking dish, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING
Stuffing that is to be cooked inside turkey should be warm or at room temperature; it should not be refrigerated. Be sure you are ready to stuff the turkey soon after stuffing is made.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside. Arrange bread in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake until dried, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add apples; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; reserve saucepan.
- In same saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat; set aside. To onion-apple mixture, add bread, sage, chestnuts, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Add half the broth and toss to combine. Continue adding broth and tossing just until stuffing is moistened but not wet.
- Place about 4 cups stuffing in turkey. Spoon remaining stuffing into prepared baking dish; cover with buttered aluminum foil and refrigerate. When turkey is removed from oven, place covered baking dish in oven, and bake until warmed through, 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 6 g
APPLE CHESTNUT STUFFING
This is a great stuffing for turkey or chicken but would also go well with pork. From Christine Cushing Live. *NOTE*: time for roasting the chestnuts is not included. Have them ready when you start.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter until just golden brown.
- Add the onions and sauté on high, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and sauté for a further 5 minutes until onions are very soft then add the sliced garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add Calvados and 1 cup chicken stock, cook covered, on medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add the apples and herbs and cook for a further 5 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and butter a casserole dish.
- Combine the bread, chestnuts, prunes and apple mixture in a large bowl. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- If mixture has absorbed all the liquid, add the remaining 1/2 cup of stock.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake covered, until lightly golden on top and hot throughout, 30 to 40 minutes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a 3-quart baking dish. Melt 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the celery, leeks, apples, chestnuts, thyme, sage, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and 3 tablespoons parsley in a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, dried cherries and the vegetable mixture; stir to combine. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into cubes and dot over the stuffing. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden brown, about 20 more minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon
ROASTED CHESTNUT AND APPLE DRESSING
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the focaccia into small cubes and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Bake until dry and crunchy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a thick-bottomed pot, heat the butter and oil over medium low. Add the onions, celery and thyme; sweat the vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add the apples. Cook until the apples start to brown, 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the chestnuts and bread; toss to mix.
- Pour in the chicken stock, 1 cup at a time, mixing well between additions -- you want the mixture moist, not soaking wet.
- Transfer the stuffing to a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm.
CHESTNUT, LEEK, AND APPLE STUFFING
Provided by Shelley Wiseman
Categories Side Bake Thanksgiving Dinner Stuffing/Dressing Apple Leek Family Reunion Chestnut Potluck Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- Bake bread cubes in a large 4-sided sheet pan in upper third of oven until dried slightly, about 15 minutes. (Alternatively, leave out to dry at room temperature 8 to 24 hours.)
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Meanwhile, wash leeks.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, then cook leeks and celery, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add thyme, apples, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until apples are just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with bread, chestnuts, cream, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread in a 2 1/2-to 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in lower third of oven until heated through and top is golden, about 30 minutes.
More about "chestnut and apple stuffing recipes"
CHESTNUT-AND-APPLE STUFFING - YOGA JOURNAL
Category SideCalories 275 per serving
APPLE-CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING - RECIPELINK.COM
CHESTNUT, LEEK, AND APPLE STUFFING - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN ...
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE | RECIPE | STUFFING ...
BAKED CHESTNUTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE, SAGE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE ULTIMATE APPLE AND CHESTNUT VEGAN STUFFING - SALTY AND ...
APPLE CHESTNUT STUFFING - TASTE AS YOU GO
CHESTNUT-AND-APPLE STUFFING RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
APPLE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING - THANKSGIVING RECIPES
SAUSAGE, CHESTNUT & APPLE STUFFING | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
APPLE-CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE
ROASTED CHESTNUT & APPLE STUFFING - GENUINE SKAGIT VALLEY
APPLE, CHESTNUT AND SAGE STUFFING RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
RECIPE OF AWARD-WINNING PORK, APPLE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING ...
APPLE, CHESTNUT & BACON STUFFING | JOHN AND LISA'S WEEKEND ...
APPLE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE | THE BEACHBODY BLOG
APPLE-CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING | OREGONIAN RECIPES
APPLE-CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
APPLE-CHESTNUT STUFFING - RECIPES, PARTY FOOD, COOKING ...
BROWN BREAD STUFFING WITH CHESTNUTS, APPLES, AND SAUSAGE
SAVORY APPLE AND CHESTNUT DRESSING - EATS BY THE BEACH
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING - SPOONACULAR.COM
ROAST TURKEY WITH CHESTNUT-APPLE STUFFING RECIPE - MARIA ...
APPLE CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE
APPLE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING - CINDY'S TABLE
RECIPE: CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING - #VEGAN #STUFFING
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING – CHESTNUT GROWERS INC
ALL RECIPES STUFFING FOR TURKEY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHESTNUT, BACON AND APPLE STUFFING - FURROW
HERBED CHESTNUT, CRANBERRY, AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE ...
CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HERBED CHESTNUT, CRANBERRY, AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE
CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE WITH PORK AND APPLE - COUNTRY LIVING
CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE | RECIPE | THANKSGIVING ...
TURKEY WITH CHESTNUT AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE | EAT ...
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love