AVOCADO SOUP WITH CHICKEN AND LIME
Thin strips of chicken breast are simmered in broth with jalapenos, onion, garlic and lime and then combined with avocado and topped with crisp corn tortilla strips in this spicy soup.
Provided by Michelle
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, and jalapenos in oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through, 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.7 calories, Carbohydrate 24.9 g, Cholesterol 37.3 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 1047.6 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
SPICY CHICKEN-AND-LIME SOUP
With a fresh and spicy homemade broth and an array of colorful and crunchy toppings, here's a soup to warm up even the chilliest of evenings. This recipe uses a whole bird, making it not only a satisfying meal, but an economical one too. Starting with a cut up whole chicken helps prevent meat from overcooking. Ask your butcher to cut it into parts or follow our guide.
Provided by Shira Bocar
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Fill a large pot with 14 cups water; add chicken, onion, carrots, garlic, halved jalapeño, cilantro sprigs, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt and bring to a boil. Skim foam, reduce heat, and gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer all chicken pieces except backbone to a cutting board; continue simmering broth while you remove and discard skin and remove meat from bones. Cover meat and refrigerate; return bones to pot and simmer until broth is reduced by half, about 1 hour.
- Strain broth through a fine‐mesh sieve; discard solids (including bones). Skim fat; transfer broth to a clean pot. (You should have 8 cups; if you don't have enough, add water.)
- Heat 1 inch oil in a pot over medium‐high until it reaches 375 degrees on a thermometer. Add one‐third of tortilla strips and cook until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper‐towel‐lined plate; season with salt. Repeat with remaining tortilla strips.
- Shred cooled chicken into 3 cups of bite‐size pieces (reserve remainder for another use). Add to broth along with sliced jalapeño, chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and lime juice. Heat through, about 2 minutes; season with salt. Serve topped with avocados, radishes, cotija, and fried tortilla strips.
SOPA DE LIMA (MEXICAN LIME SOUP)
Hot or cold outside, this soup is light and refreshing. I first enjoyed this dish while sitting ocean-side in Mexico. Goes great with a margarita or beer and a side of chips and salsa. Use whatever chilies you want (hot or mild) depending on the amount of heat you enjoy. Serve in bowls with crushed tortilla chips or strips on top.
Provided by Amatre
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring the chicken broth, chicken breasts, red onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme to a boil in a large pot; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-sized strips; return to the simmering pot.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the green onions and green chile pepper in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes into the mixture and continue cooking until soft, about 5 minute more; pour the mixture into the pot with the chicken soup. Season with the salt; return the soup to a simmer. Add the lime juice and 1/2 a lime; cook another 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the lime half; stir in the cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 1693.4 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
MEXICAN-STYLE BEAN SOUP WITH SHREDDED CHICKEN & LIME
Use leftover chicken breast in this substantial healthy soup. Alternatively, make the recipe vegetarian by topping with chunky, fresh guacamole
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and pepper, and fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins. Stir in the garlic and spices, then tip in the tomatoes and beans with their liquid, half a can of water and the bouillon powder. Simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, tip the chicken into a bowl, add the coriander and lime juice with a little chilli (if using, or see tip below for guacamole alternative) and toss well. Ladle the soup into two bowls, top with the chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder; stir 1 minute. Add chicken; stir 2 minutes. Add broth, corn, tomatoes and 1/2 bunch cilantro sprigs to saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Discard cilantro sprigs. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream.
More about "chicken and lime soup vegan recipes"
11 VEGAN CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES FOR COLD AND FLU SEASON
- Vegan Cream of Chicken Soup. Nothing beats a bowl of warm creamy soup on a chilly rainy day. If you used to love chicken soup, you might just love this cruelty-free version even more.
- Vegan Chicken Soup. Making a hearty dish doesn’t have to break the bank, as this recipe proves. According to Jack Monroe—the founder of Cooking on a Bootstrap—this soup serves two generally from just 28 pence.
- Vegan Chicken Soup With Jackfruit and Potato. Fool meat-lovers with this nutritious tasty bowl of vegan chicken soup. Instead of meat, this recipe uses jackfruit, which, when shredded, has a similar texture to chicken.
- Vegan Chicken Couscous Soup. This “warm and toasty” soup is the ideal dish for when you’re feeling a little bit under the weather. It is cold and flu season, after all.
- Vegan Chicken Soup With Rice. This recipe requires minimal effort. It can all be made in one crockpot, simply toss in the vegetables, rice, and no-chicken broth, leave to brew for a few hours, and then come back to a delicious hearty winter meal.
- Loaded Vegan Chicken Soup. This recipe is absolutely packed with goodness. Chuck in all your favorite soup vegetables, like carrots, celery, and onions, with some seitan, which is responsible for the chicken-like texture.
- Slow Cooker Light No Chicken Mexican Soup. If you’re not a fan of seitan, tofu, or any form of meat substitute, or you just want to make your soup with purely veggie-based ingredients, this recipe could be for you.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Chicken Wild Rice Soup. All you have to do for this recipe is prep the ingredients and throw them into the slow cooker. Come back a few hours later and you have a nutritious meal ready to go.
- Canja’ Vegan Chicken Mushroom Soup. This soup is a vegan take on the Portuguese chicken broth canja de galinha, which is traditionally served during the winter months when somebody is sick.
- Easy Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup. This vegan chicken noodle soup recipe will take you right the way back to your childhood. It’s comforting, warming, and nutritious, everything a good winter soup should be.
SPICY VEGAN CHICKEN, LIME AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
4.8/5 (4)Category VeganCuisine MexicanTotal Time 45 mins
EASY VEGAN CHICKEN RICE AND LIME SOUP RECIPE - BROWN VEGAN
Servings 3Estimated Reading Time 1 min
QUICK CHICKEN RICE AND LIME SOUP RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
AVOCADO SOUP WITH CILANTRO & LIME (VEGAN, READY IN 5 MINUTES)
CHICKEN LIME SOUP - SPIRITED AND THEN SOME
CHICKEN LIME SOUP RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SOPA DE LIMA (YUCATáN LIME AND CHICKEN SOUP) | FOOD & WINE
VEGAN CHICKEN & RICE SOUP - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
THIS CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP IS LIGHT, FRESH, AND FLAVORFUL WITH …
10 BEST CHICKEN LIME CILANTRO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
VEGAN CHICKEN SOUP - JAMIE GELLER
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
CHICKEN LIME SOUP RECIPES | BIGOVEN
CHICKEN AVOCADO LIME SOUP | CLASSIC BAKES
SUMMER CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP - MORE THAN GOURMET
CHICKEN RAMEN SOUP WITH BASIL AND LIME - ONLY GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
LIME CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
YUCATECAN CHICKEN-AND-LIME SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY CHICKEN & LIME SOUP RECIPE – QUICK VEGAN RECIPE
40 MINUTE TIMER RECIPE CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP VEGAN
SONOMA CHICKEN SOUP WITH AVOCADO & LIME (A LEAN AND GREEN …
VIETNAMESE CURRY SOUP VEGAN - SOLAR-HEART.COM
CILANTRO-LIME CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
PIGGLY WIGGLY - CHICKEN, CORN AND LIME SOUP RECIPE
CHICKEN AVOCADO LIME SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP
CHICKEN SOUP WITH LIME - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
VEGAN COCONUT-LIME TOFU SOUP | OH MY VEGGIES
SWEET LIME AND CHICKEN SOUP | PATI JINICH TREASURES OF THE MEXICAN …
VEGAN DETOX SOUP! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
10 BEST CILANTRO LIME SOUP VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
EL TORITO CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP RECIPE
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP | RECIPELION.COM
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
70+ BUDGET FRIENDLY SOUP RECIPES - PAGE 2 OF 5 - BUDGET BYTES
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CHICKEN LIME SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
INSTANT POT CHICKEN + LIME SOUP WITH RICE - POTS + PLANES
You'll also love