POULET DE GRAND-MERE
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt. In a large saute pan, heat enough clarified butter to coat the pan over medium-high heat. Add half the thyme and continue to heat. Place 2 of the chicken breasts in the pan skin-side down and sear until golden brown, basting the flesh side with fat from the pan. Flip the breasts, brown on the other side and baste. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet. Cook the other 2 breasts in the same manner, adding in the remaining thyme sprigs.
- Place the baking sheet with the seared breasts in the oven and bake until the chicken is firm to the touch, 7 to 8 minutes. Allow to rest before slicing.
- For the just: While the chicken is in the oven, pour off any excess fat in the saute pan and place over medium-high heat. Add enough clarified butter to coat the bottom of the pan and add the bacon lardons. Cook until crispy, and then remove to a plate and reserve. Remove any excess fat from the pan if necessary. Add in the onions and sweat until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Increase the heat, add in the mushrooms and season with salt. Cook the mushrooms until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the white wine and scrap up all the brown bits that have collected on the bottom of the pan. Cook down until the wine has reduced by half. Add in half of the chicken stock and let simmer about 5 minutes. Add in the remaining chicken stock and reduce until slightly thickened Remove from the heat and swirl in the butter. Taste and season if necessary.
- Serve the sliced chicken with the jus and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Pat chicken dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 T. butter and the oil in Dutch oven or deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add several pieces chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onion, garlic, and thyme. Saute until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Pour off all but 1 T. fat. Carefully pour Cognac into pan and scrape bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken to pan, placing breasts on top. Pour in wine and broth and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until chicken is tender, 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to warmed serving platter; cover with foil and keep warm. Cook sauce over medium-high heat until reduced by almost half, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in separate large skillet over medium heat, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, cut potatoes into 3/4-inch dice and add to bacon in skillet. Fry, stirring frequently, until golden, 5-7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove bacon and potatoes to bowl.
- Add mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms to potatoes.
- Spoon off fat from sauce. Add mushrooms, potatoes, and bacon and stir to coat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until hot, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in half the parsley and the remaining 2 T. butter. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve hot.
GRANDMA'S FAVORITE CHICKEN
My Grandma used to make this chicken and it was my mom's favorite. It is very easy, quick, flexible, and delicious. You may add as many different veggies and any amount you want. The broth made from this is great to dip bread and butter; my brother loves to have it as soup. Yum!!!
Provided by Melissa
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken legs in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes, carrots, garlic, and squash around the chicken. Top with onion slices. Season with parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place 1/2 tablespoon butter on each chicken leg. Pour water into pan to a level of about 1/2 inch.
- Cover pan with foil and cook 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove foil and continue cooking 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 118.2 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 34.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 198.1 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
CHICKEN FRITTERS GRAND'MERE WITH MORNAY SAUCE
- Sift the flour together with the salt, herbs and baking powder.
- Beat the egg yolks until creamy then beat in the milk and sherry.
- Slowly beat the flour into the liquid.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and fold into the batter.
- Fold in the chicken and peas.
- Heat the oil to 375*F. Drop small batches of spoonful size batter into the oil and cook until golden brown.
- Great dipped in Mornay Sauce.
- Mornay Sauce:.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the flour and cook 2 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in the chicken broth and cream.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Makes 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1936.5, Fat 188.5, SaturatedFat 24.6, Cholesterol 170.5, Sodium 1533.6, Carbohydrate 41.1, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 3.4, Protein 18.5
More about "chicken grand mere recipes"
BAKED CHICKEN GRAND MARNIER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.8/5 (12)Total Time 1 hrCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 359 per serving
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE FRANCINE RECIPE | JAMES BEARD …
GRANDMOTHER'S CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 4-6Calories 772 per serving
RECIPES | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
CHICKEN CASSEROLE GRAND MERE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SIMPLE, FULL-FLAVORED ROASTED CHICKEN AND HEARTY VEGETABLES
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE - MASTERCOOK
CHICKEN à LA GRANDS!® RECIPE RECIPE
CHICKEN WITH BACON AND MUSHROOMS - POULET COCOTTE GRAND MERE
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE FROM GREAT COOKS AND THEIR RECIPES …
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN RECIPES: 55 DISHES WE'RE PASSING DOWN
POACHED CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE (VOLAILLE POCHéE GRAND-MèRE) RECIPE …
GRAND MERE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN GRAND-MERE FRANCINE BY DANIEL BOULUD ON …
POULET GRAND MèRE RECIPE
POULET GRAND-MèRE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE – WITH HERBED SAUSAGE STUFFING - BEB'S …
10 BEST GRAND MARNIER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATOES GRAND MéRE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE (GRANDMA'S CHICKEN) RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE FRANCINE RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE FRANCINE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE | CHICKEN FRICASSéE RECIPE | YUMMLY
GRANDMOTHER'S CHICKEN RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE | CHICKEN FRICASSéE RECIPE | RECIPE CLOUD APP
FRENCH RECIPES THAT WOULD MAKE GRAND-MèRE PROUD | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE FRANCINE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN A LA MER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DANIEL BOULUD'S CHICKEN GRAND MERE - COOK EAT RUN
POULET GRAND-MÈRE - ONLY KETO RECIPES
CHICKEN GRAND-MèRE - THAT'S MY HOME
CHICKEN EN COCOTTE GRAND' MERE RECIPE BY THE.INSTRUCTOR | IFOOD.TV
CHICKEN A LA MER RECIPE – GALAXY TRAINING
GRAND MARNIER CHICKEN - LIFE IS BUT A DISH
POULET COCOTTE GRAND MERE - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY …
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE | BEB'S RECIPE DRAWER
CHICKEN CASSEROLE GRAND MERE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
CHICKEN GRAND-MERE FRANCINE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #french #european #dinner-party #chicken #meat #onions #4-hours-or-less
White Wine Braised Chicken - Poulet Grand-mère Recipe110 views-16:12
Chicken with bacon and mushrooms - Poulet cocotte grand mere18K views-04:45
French Bacon and Mushroom Casserole ( poulet cocotte grand mere)123K views-12:22
Rôti de Ma Grand-Mère ( French Roast Recipe of my Grandmothers)2.9K views-10:00
Chicken stew recipe/ Onion Chicken recipe/ Zaika mere haath ka41 views-04:20
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is chicken Grand-Mère?Chicken Grand-mère, a savory fricassée, is a classic in French cuisine in general, but it was a classic in my family too.
What are some recipes that are just like Grandma’s?These dumplings, casseroles, roasts, soups and more comforting chicken recipes are just like the ones grandma made. I’ve enjoyed making this rich homemade chicken dumpling soup recipe for over 40 years. Every time I serve it, I remember my southern grandma, who was very special to me and was known as an outstanding cook.
What are Grand Mere potatoes?Potatoes Grand Mere (also known as scalloped potatoes) is a special, rich recipe that's perfect for Easter or Christmas dinner. It's very simple, but the result is so much more than the sum of the ingredients.
How long to cook chicken and mushrooms in a pan?Cover the pan and cook another 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and return the chicken to the pan. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil, and slide the pan into the oven. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.