MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT
- Place eggplant strips in a big pot of lightly salted water and soak for 30 minutes (this will improve the taste; they will leave a brown color in the pot).
- Remove eggplant from pot and brush lightly with olive oil. Saute or grill until lightly browned and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Saute diced chicken and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and water, cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour chicken/tomato mixture over eggplant. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 82.1 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 7.4 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 146.8 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
LIGHTENED CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT PARMESAN
This dish is also great as a sandwich. Simply place a chicken-and-eggplant stack in a toasted, soft whole-wheat hoagie.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the broiler. Mist both sides of the eggplant slices with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle both sides with the Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until browned and tender, turning once, about 6 minutes. Set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and cayenne in a shallow dish. Combine the egg whites and 1 teaspoon water in a second dish. Combine the cereal and parmesan cheese in a third dish. Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, dredge with the flour and tap off the excess. Coat with the egg whites and then place in the cereal mix and press until well coated on both sides. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the oil and then 2 pieces of the coated chicken. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 mintues. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Place 2 eggplant slices on each chicken cutlet and top evenly with the tomatoes and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 3.5 grams, Cholesterol 75 milligrams, Sodium 590 milligrams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 7 grams
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil then add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook on medium heat until the chicken is golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onions, stirring often. When the onions are soft, add the remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer, covered, until eggplant is soft and tender. Serve alone or over a bed of rice.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN MEDLEY WITH EGGPLANT AND FETA
Low-calorie, low-carb dinners can be absolutely delicious if done right! This one is full of color, flavor, and texture. I make this one often and it is always a hit! Hope you will enjoy as well.
Provided by Anonymous
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon of mixture for later use.
- Dip sliced chicken into the flour mixture to coat both sides. Place on a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion and cook until soft and browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a baking dish. Cook zucchini and bell pepper in the same skillet over medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the baking dish with the eggplant.
- Add additional oil to the skillet if needed and brown chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to the baking dish with the vegetables. Pour tomatoes into the same skillet and add reserved flour mixture and dill paste. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and pour into the baking dish. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 g, Cholesterol 76.8 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 22.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 429.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
EASY CHICKEN EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) PARMESAN
This recipe is an easy recipe because you don't cook the chicken or the eggplant before putting them in the casserole. It's also easy because you use sauce from a jar. Of course, you can use your favorite homemade pasta sauce if desired.
Provided by GrandmaIsCooking
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice eggplant.
- Lay between two layers of paper towels for 15-20 minutes to drain moisture from eggplant, then discard paper towels.
- Line bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish with the chicken breast slices.
- Cover chicken with the eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over eggplant.
- Cover breadcrumbs with mozzarella cheese slices (or grated if you prefer).
- Pour marinara sauce over cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT, TOMATOES, AND ALMONDS
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large wide pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Add paprika, salt, turmeric, coriander, fennel, pepper, cumin, and ginger; stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice; bring to boil. Arrange all chicken in single layer in pot; spoon some sauce over. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Turn chicken over, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Brush large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Place eggplant and remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil in large bowl; toss to coat. Spread eggplant out on prepared baking sheet and bake until soft and brown, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. (Chicken and eggplant can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate separately until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Stir eggplant and marjoram into chicken. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes to heat through and blend flavors. Season stew to taste with more lemon juice, if desired, and salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with almonds and cilantro.
CHICKEN-FRIED EGGPLANT WITH CREAMY RED-EYE GRAVY
- For the eggplant: Lay the eggplant slices out on a paper or kitchen towel-lined cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. (This will pull the moisture out.)
- Heat 1 inch oil in a 14-inch cast-iron pan to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet tray or workstation with kitchen towels or paper towels.
- Sprinkle the flour with salt and pepper in a bowl. Pat the eggplant dry with more paper or kitchen towels, then dip each slice in the buttermilk followed by the seasoned flour. Repeat 1 more time. Fry the eggplant in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil and drain on the prepared workstation.
- For the gravy: Add the ham to a large cast-iron pan over medium heat and let the fat begin to render and get crispy, about 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the strong coffee and add the butter, stirring constantly, to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Shingle the eggplant pieces in a large shallow dish. Top with the gravy and more pieces of ham. Serve.
CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Make slight gashes at thigh and wing joints to facilitate cooking. Set aside.
- Trim off ends of eggplants. Cut lengthwise in half and cut each half lengthwise into 3 long slices. Cut slices crosswise into inch pieces. There should be about 5 cups.
- Cut onion in half vertically. Cut each half crosswise into very thin slices. There should be about a cup.
- Cut cores from tomatoes. Cut tomatoes into inch cubes or slightly smaller. There should be about 1 1/2 cups.
- Heat oil in large skillet and add chicken pieces skin side down. Cook about 5 minutes on one side and turn, cooking 5 minutes more. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Add onions, garlic and eggplant to skillet. Cook, stirring, about a minute and add tomatoes. Stir.
- Add vinegar, wine and broth and bring to boil. Stir. Add bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir and return chicken to the skillet. Turn pieces in sauce.
- Cover closely and let cook, basting occasionally, about 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove bay leaf. Serve with sauce poured over and sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 652, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 1583 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT WITH MOZZARELLA AND TOMATOES
As the tomato vines burst forth with the vibrant and versatile summer fruit, let them land on this plate of chicken-and-eggplant "caprese." This riff on the beloved Italian salad adds grilled chicken breast, grilled eggplant, kalamata olives, and fresh parsley but the tomatoes remain the stars. They add acidity and a burst of freshness with each bite of this satisfying salad dinner.
Provided by Sarah Carey
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat grill to high. Pound chicken with a mallet or small pan to an even 1/2-inch-thick. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Toss eggplants with 3 tablespoons oil, season, and grill, flipping once, until charred in places and tender, about 4 minutes a side. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and let stand until fully softened, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill chicken, flipping once, until cooked through and charred in places, about 3 minutes a side. Stir together olives, remaining 1/4 cup oil, herbs, and vinegar; season to taste.
- Arrange chicken, eggplants, tomatoes, and cheese on a platter or plates. Sprinkle with olive mixture and more herbs. Drizzle with oil and serve with grilled bread.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TOMATOES AND EGGPLANT
- Boil eggplant in water to cover 2 minutes. Place in a strainer and squeeze out water.
- Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts, then dredge in flour to coat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with the oil in a large pan. Sautee chicken about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan. In same pan, saute onion and garlic, scaping bits off bottom of pan. Add vinegar, eggplant, tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf and thyme, stirring, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer 2 minutes more. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 314, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 29 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 806 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN IN EGGPLANT SAUCE
Spice-coated chicken thighs simmer in a rich red pepper-eggplant sauce. This savory entree is perfect for an everyday meal or potluck. It's an easy slow-cooker dish to prepare in the morning so that dinner is ready at the end of the day.-Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker., Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the eggplant, red peppers, onion, jalapeno, tomato paste, brown sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Pour over chicken., Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender, adding olives and parsley during the last 30 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with naan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 588 calories, Fat 23 g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126 mg cholesterol, Sodium 1293 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44 g carbohydrate (10 g sugars, Fiber 4 g fiber), Protein 40 g protein.
More about "chicken with eggplant recipes"
EASY ONE-PAN EGGPLANT CHICKEN DINNER [VIDEO] - LEXI'S …
4.5/5 (12)Calories 226 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and eggplant and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until onions are translucent and eggplant is beginning to soften.
- Add tomatoes and spices and let simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE (PALEO) - LOVE FOOD NOURISH
RECIPE: CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
10 BEST CHICKEN EGGPLANT BAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CHICKEN EGGPLANT HEALTHY RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE-PAN CRISPY CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT STEW | RECIPE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
EGGPLANT CHICKEN IN GARLIC SAUCE | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
CHICKEN WITH TOMATO AND EGGPLANT | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EGGPLANT AND CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EGGPLANT CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH EGGPLANT: A 31 MINUTE RECIPE
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT TAGINE - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
EGGPLANT WITH CHICKEN RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
KETO CHICKEN SHEET-PAN WITH TZATZIKI - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
EGGPLANT AND CHICKEN RECIPES HEALTHY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ONE-SKILLET CHICKEN THIGHS WITH EGGPLANT AND PEARL COUSCOUS …
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH …
CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT TAJINE - HIGH PROTEIN RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
EGGPLANT WITH THAI BASIL & CHICKEN - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EGGPLANT RECIPES WITH CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT RED CURRY RECIPE - KATE WINSLOW | FOOD
CHICKEN SORRENTINO WITH EGGPLANT - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT CURRY - SLIMMING EATS
CHICKEN STUFFED EGGPLANT RECIPE | SIDECHEF
SPICY SZECHUAN CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD BLOG
EASY SZECHUAN EGGPLANT WITH CHICKEN — RANDY'S FAVORITES
SESAME CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN CURRY WITH EGGPLANT - FEASTING NOT FASTING
CRISPY CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND TOMATO SAUCE - EVERYDAY GOURMET
GREEK CHICKEN SHEET PAN MEAL WITH OLIVES, EGGPLANT, AND FETA
CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH EGGPLANT, BASIL AND GINGER - MAYO CLINIC
INSTANT POT EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA - THERESCIPES.INFO
HEALTHY EGGPLANT WITH CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE IDEA
Stir Fry Chicken with Chinese Eggplant Recipe4.4K views-04:54
Greek-Style Baked Chicken and Eggplant - Easy One Pot Recipe5K views-13:29
Chicken Eggplant Curry - Chicken Curry Recipe - Indian Chicken Curry Youtube3.1K views-04:37
Chicken Recipe - Eggplant Chicken Stew1.5K views-08:18
Crockpot Chicken and Eggplant Pasta Recipe: Slow Cooker Recipes2K views-04:55
Italian Chicken & Eggplant | Chicken Tomato Stew548 views-09:24
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken and eggplant?In same pan, saute onion and garlic, scaping bits off bottom of pan. Add vinegar, eggplant, tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf and thyme, stirring, and simmer 10 minutes. Return chicken to pan and simmer 2 minutes more.
How to cook eggplant parmesan with chicken strips?Add the chicken strips and soy sauce and saute until the chicken is almost opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup stock and bring to a boil. Return the eggplant mixture to the pan and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with the sliced green onion.
How do you cook chicken and eggplant on a Weber grill?Heat grill to high. Pound chicken with a mallet or small pan to an even 1/2-inch-thick. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Toss eggplants with 3 tablespoons oil, season, and grill, flipping once, until charred in places and tender, about 4 minutes a side.
How to cook chicken and eggplant tagine?Chicken and eggplant tagine is an easy one-pot meal with loads of flavour. Heat the tagine on low-heat, once the base has warmed up, increase the heat to medium-high. Add the olive oil and ghee, once the ghee is melted and simmers, add the cumin seeds and cinnamon stick to the oil.