CHIFFON PUMPKIN PIE
For a lighter and fluffier version of than a pumpkin pie, try this delicious recipe. The gingersnap crust and pumpkin mixture compliment each other well.-Lynn Baker, Osmond, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. , In a large saucepan, combine gelatin and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture to just below boiling; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. , Remove sides of pan just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 172mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir brown sugar, gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Add pumpkin, egg yolks and milk stir until thoroughly mixed. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Gradually add pumpkin mixture to beaten egg whites, folding with rubber spatula just until blended. Spoon evenly into graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Spread or dollop whipped cream on pie. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 280 mg, Sugar 28 g, TransFat 3 g
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
You will be the hit of your holiday dinner with this Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. It is a recipe that's been in our family for years, but I want to share it so everybody can enjoy it for the Holidays!!! You will never want to use any other pumpkin pie recipe from now on. A wonderful option is to sprinkle the finished pie with almond toffee brickle chips. (Note: This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. For more information visit our Hints and Tips pages.)
Provided by Carla A. Lightsey, Houston, Texas
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix the gelatin and water in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Mix in 3/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a double broiler, cook the mixture over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thick. Mix in the gelatin. Stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to thicken until it mounds when dropped by the spoonful.
- In a clean, dry medium bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually mix in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and continue beating until firm. Fold in the pumpkin mixture. Transfer to the pie crust. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.6 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 250.6 mg, Sugar 34.9 g
CHIFFON PUMPKIN PIE
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt together. When using fresh pumpkin I use blender.
- Add milk and egg yolks. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until firm.
- Fold into pumpkin mix and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- I use the blender for all mixing.
CHIFFON PUMPKIN PIE WITH PECAN BRITTLE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. To make the pie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the crust until warm and fragrant, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Sprinkle the gelatin over 3 tablespoons of water in a small cup and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, egg yolks, spice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture begins to bubble and thicken, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Whisk the gelatin mixture into the saucepan with pumpkin mixture until combined and the gelatin is dissolved completely. Let sit at room temperature, stirring frequently, until it is cool but not set, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4. Beat ¾ cup of the cream in a large bowl until semi-stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled pumpkin mixture, folding just until combined. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Place plastic wrap directly on the filling and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or overnight.
- 5. For the brittle: Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Have a candy thermometer, a bowl of water and a pastry brush ready.
- 6. Put the sugar and ¼ cup water in a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Cook without stirring, allowing the water to evaporate as the sugar begins to melt. Dip the pastry brush in the bowl of water and brush down the sides of the pan if any sugar crystals begin to form around the edges. When the sugar turns a deep caramel color and registers 300°F. on the candy thermometer, about 15 minutes, pick up pan and gently swirl to melt any sugar that hasn't dissolved. Carefully pour the melted sugar onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out as much as possible. Immediately sprinkle the toasted pecan pieces and salt evenly over the top and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 7. Beat the remaining ½ cup cream in a until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the top of the pie. Break up the brittle into shards and put them into the whipped cream; slice the pie and serve with more brittle.
PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE CHIFFON PIE
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-inch pie plate. Pulse the chocolate wafers, sugar and orange zest in a food processor until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the side of the prepared plate. Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust and spread over the bottom and up the side; set aside until the chocolate sets, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Sprinkle the gelatin over 3 tablespoons water in a large bowl; let sit 5 minutes. Combine the milk, 2/3 cup sugar, the egg yolks, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until the mixture bubbles, 6 to 8 minutes. Carefully whisk the milk mixture into the gelatin mixture until combined. Let sit at room temperature, stirring frequently, until cool but not set, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Beat 3/4 cup heavy cream in a bowl with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled pumpkin mixture, then pour into the prepared crust. Press plastic wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of the pie.
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
Nothing says fall like a pumpkin dessert, and this one features a light, fluffy mousse layered over a sweet gingersnap crust. It's no ordinary pumpkin pie-in fact, it's even better.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process gingersnaps, granulated sugar, and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter, and process until combined. Divide mixture among six 5-inch pie plates, pressing into bottom and up sides. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until darkened and firm, 11 to 13 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Using an offset spatula, carefully unmold crusts, and return to sheet to cool. (Crusts can be stored in pie plates in airtight containers for up to 2 days.)
- Make the filling: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a bowl. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine pumpkin, egg yolks, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, milk, salt, and spices in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to thicken, about 8 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Let cool completely.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Whisk one-third of beaten egg whites into cooled pumpkin mixture. Gently fold in remaining whites. (Filling can be refrigerated, covered, overnight.) Spoon into pie shells, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 hours).
- Make the garnish: Using a vegetable peeler, shave pumpkin into thin, wide ribbons. Bring water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and ginger to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add pumpkin pieces, and reduce heat. Simmer gently until tender and translucent, about 8 minutes. Pour into a bowl, and let cool completely. (Garnish can stand at room temperature for up to 3 hours.) Top each pie with 3 or 4 pumpkin pieces, discarding syrup. Serve immediately.
- Variation: This recipe also can make two 8-inch pies; be sure to leave the crust in the pie plate before adding the filling.
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
For a tasty treat during the fall, try this special dessert. The vanilla pudding makes is extra creamy.-Karen Grimes, Stephens City, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping and mix well. Spread into crust. , In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed until combined; beat on high for 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill. Garnish with nuts and/or whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
DAD'S PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
Deliciously different pumpkin chiffon pie with a gingersnap crust! My family has used this pumpkin pie recipe exclusively for all the 43 years I have been around! Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
Provided by Jennifer Powell
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line one 9 inch pie pan with whole gingersnap cookies, breaking as necessary for fitting.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook pumpkin puree to heat through, stirring frequently.
- Separate the eggs. Combine the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, spices and butter or margarine. Add to pumpkin and cook, stirring frequently until mixture is of custard consistency. Remove mixture from heat.
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and stir into the pumpkin until dissolved. Chill mixture until it begins to stiffen (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Whip egg whites with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until stiff. Fold whipped egg whites into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and chill until set (about 3 hours). Serve topped with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Carbohydrate 54.9 g, Cholesterol 63.9 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 331 mg, Sugar 37.5 g
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE WITH GINGER-NUT CRUST
- Mix all ingredients just until they are bound together.
- Press into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Cook pumpkin over boiling water in top of double boiler for 10 minutes. Add egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter, and cook over simmering water until mixture reaches custardlike consistency. Remove from heat.
- Soften gelatin in water, and stir into pumpkin mixture. Chill.
- When pumpkin mixture begins to thicken, fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Pour into prepared crust and chill.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 339, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 54 milligrams, Sugar 31 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BEST EVER PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
My DH found this on the net somewhere...I made it last year for Thanksgiving. It instantly became our new family pumpkin pie. Wonderful recipe!!
Provided by pattyricia
Yield 1 pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the gelatin to soak in 1/4 cup cold water.
- Beat the egg yolks in a double boiler, and add brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, and salt and spices to it.
- Cook and stir this over simmering water till it thickens.
- Add the soaked gelatin until it dissolves.
- Remove from the stove and chill till filling starts to set.
- (I put the pot in ice water).
- Whip the 3 egg whites till stiff but not dry.
- Slowly add the 1/2 cup white sugar, then fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Fill pie shell and chill several hours.
- Serve with Cool Whip.
- Preparation time is approximate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.1, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 95.9, Sodium 457.4, Carbohydrate 47.9, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 36.2, Protein 6.1
PUMPKIN-APPLE CHIFFON PIE
- To make the crust, butter a nine-inch Pyrex pie plate. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Break the wafers into pieces. Place in processor and make fine crumbs, about one and one-third cups. Add the butter and pulse five to six times or until the crumbs are coated with butter.
- Empty the contents into the pie plate, reserving one tablespoon for garnish. Press the crumbs thickly onto the sides of the pan with a spoon, forming a half-inch border. Use a glass to press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The crust should set, but not brown. Cool and set aside.
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a heavy three-quart saucepan. Stir in the apples, sugars, spices and rind. Bring to a slow boil. Cover and simmer for five minutes. Remove the lid, raise heat slightly and continue to cook the apples for six to eight minutes or until the caramel syrup forms a six- to eight-inch thread when dropped from the tip of a spoon. Stir occasionally. Watch carefully: If the syrup becomes too hot, it will taste bitter and quickly burn.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, gelatin and salt. Blend well and return to flame. Cook on low heat until the mixture is very hot, stirring constantly.
- Blend the yolks into the half-and-half. Gradually whisk into the filling. Heat slowly to just under boiling, about one-and-a-half to two minutes.
- Empty the filling into a processor. Puree for 45 seconds. Pour into a large bowl and place over ice for five minutes to cool to room temperature. Stir occasionally. The filling can also be cooled in the refrigerator.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, to form a meringue. Beat 30 seconds longer.
- Stir a quarter of the egg whites into filling. Fold in the remaining whites and the toasted pecans at the same time, reserving one tablespoon of nuts for garnish. Mound the filling into the pie shell. Smooth surface with a spoon. Chill until set, about six hours or longer.
- To make the garnish, whip the cream in a chilled bowl. As it starts to thicken, add the sugar and vanilla. Beat until fairly thick. Pipe or spoon around the edge of the pie. Sprinkle the top with the reserved crumbs and nuts.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 454, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 225 milligrams, Sugar 39 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "chiffon pumpkin pie recipes"
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 3 hrs 55 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 437 per serving
DOUBLE-DECKER PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
SPICED PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE (FLUFFY AND CREAMY!) - PINCH AND SWIRL
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
GRANDMA'S PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
THE LIGHTEST, CREAMIEST PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | BON APPéTIT
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - OPRAH.COM
EASY 7-STEP VINTAGE PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE (1959)
BEST PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | WILTON
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE I RECIPE
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
EASY NO-BAKE PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | VERY BEST BAKING
SUZANNE'S PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | EMERILS.COM
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE WITH WHIPPED TOPPING RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
FAMILY RECIPE: MY DAD’S LEGENDARY PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
OLD FASHIONED PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE : 4 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
RUM PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - MY COUNTRY TABLE
LIGHT & AIRY PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - PASTRY AT HOME
CHIFFON PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PUMPKIN-CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | THM: S - NORTHERN NESTER
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - THE SEASONED MOM
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - CINNAMON AND SPICE CAFE
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - NO-BAKE PUMPKIN PIE - BEYER BEWARE
COCONUT-PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
FESTIVE PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE • KIM SCHOB
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE
#course #cuisine #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #holiday-event
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a pumpkin chiffon pie?This creamy pumpkin chiffon pie is great for any holiday feast. In 1-quart saucepan, stir brown sugar, gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Add pumpkin, egg yolks and milk stir until thoroughly mixed. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil.
What is the best recipe for pumpkin pie filling?Combine pumpkin, egg yolks, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, milk, salt, and spices in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to thicken, about 8 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Let cool completely. Beat egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form.
How do you make pumpkin chiffon?When topping off a holiday meal, Cristina Ferrare suggests making pumpkin chiffon rather than regular pumpkin pie. It's a lighter dessert option for those who are already stuffed! In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in the milk, egg yolks and pumpkin.
Can I make pumpkin chiffon pie ahead of time?Yes, you can make Pumpkin Chiffon Pie ahead of time! Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days. Just hold off on garnishing with whipped cream and/or nuts until you serve the pie. Graham cracker crust (9 inches): Combine 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (24 squares), 1/4 sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter.