CHILI DOG TACOS
Here's a playful twist on hot dogs in a bun. Use prepared chunky salsa and canned pinto beans for fast toppings that don't skimp on flavor.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and beans. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on box.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook hot dogs over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, turning frequently, until browned.
- Place hot dogs in taco shells; top each with ground beef mixture, cheese and onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Taco, Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
My mother made these for us when we were kids. I'm not sure where the name came from, unless it is from the Mexican state. Definitely not health food, but kids love it and it makes a quick, yummy lunch now and then. I always cut the tortilla trimmings into wedges, fry in the leftover hot oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar to make quick sopapillas for dessert. Prep time does not include separate time for heating oil, as I heat the oil while I prepare the dogs.
Provided by Halcyon Eve
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet.
- Trim the tortillas to fit the hot dogs' length.
- Slit the hot dogs lengthwise, taking care not to cut clear through or to cut through the ends.
- Tuck strips of cheese into the slit along the length of the hot dog.
- Wrap stuffed hot dogs in tortillas and secure with toothpicks.
- Fry hot dogs in oil until browned on all sides, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- These will be quite hot inside, so take care when eating!
CHIHUAHUA DOGS (HOT DOG TACOS)
This recipe is from Cooking With 4 Ingredients by Jean Coates, c. 2002. Simple, easy. I have copied the recipe as written - but when I made these I warmed the taco shells in the oven, boiled the hot dogs, and then put the whole thing together without the microwave. Do whatever is easiest for you.
Provided by NELady
Yield 10 Dogs, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put hot dog sauce in a saucepan and cook at medium heat until hot.
- Place a frank in each taco shell. Top with the heated chili sauce and cheese.
- Place in microwave and and heat for 30 seconds or until the frankfurters are warm.
- Top franks with onions, tomatoes and lettuce (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.3, Fat 26.2, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 59.3, Sodium 472.9, Carbohydrate 21.5, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 0.5, Protein 16.5
A taco shell makes a good holder for a hot dog dressed up with a tasty combination of baked beans and cheese. "When our children were young, they asked for this meal at least once a week," remembers Kat Thompson of Prineville, Oregon.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 tacos.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare hot dogs according to package directions. Place a cheese slice and hot dog in each taco shell; top with beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 21g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 951mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
CHORIZO SAUSAGE CHIHUAHUA DOGS
- Prepare your Sausages grilled, baked, broiled, on your outdoor grill, or pan-fried. A 1 lb package will contain 5 sausages. I cooked mine with the onion slices on my George Foreman Indoor Grill.
- Warm up the grill for 5 minutes with the onions inside. Always spray your indoor grill with Pam prior to the warm-up period.
- Line the sausages up across the grates so you get grill marks on them. Close the grill and set your timer for 5 minutes.
- While the Sausages are cooking, spread your hot dogs bun, sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese inside, then insert them in your toaster oven until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Insert your cooked Chorizo Chihuahua Dogs into each bun on top of the bed of melted cheese. Top with your sliced onions and 2 tablespoons or more of your favorite salsa. You can also top with chili or other toppings of your own choosing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1190, Fat 89.1, SaturatedFat 36.8, Cholesterol 216.6, Sodium 3487.3, Carbohydrate 33.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 7.8, Protein 61.3
CHIHUAHUAS IN A BLANKET
- HEAT franks in gently boiling water about 2 minutes.
- GRATE the cheddar cheese or slice the Velveeta into 1/4" x 1" x 4" strips.
- WARM the stack of tortillas in microwave oven for 15-30 seconds.
- PLACE 1/8 cup of cheese lengthwise along center of each tortilla; SPRINKLE 1 teaspoon onions evenly over the cheese.
- SPOON 1 tablespoon salsa evenly over the onions; LADLE 3 tablespoons chili evenly over the salsa.
- PLACE one hot dog over the chili; LADLE 3 tablespoons chili evenly over the hot dog.
- SPOON 1 tablespoon salsa evenly over the chili; SPRINKLE 1 teaspoon onion over the salsa.
- PLACE 1/8 cup of cheese evenly over the entire mound; COMPACT each mound tightly and uniformly with hands.
- FOLD the sides of tortillas envelope-style; ROLL tortillas up tightly like a burrito.
- TO FRY: Fry up to four Chihuahuas at a time in a medium-hot skillet with a little oil or butter, turning each until evenly golden-browned and crisp (drain on paper towels and allow to cool for 3 minutes). TO BAKE: Brush each Chihuahua with oil or melted margarine or butter, or spray with non-stick cooking spray, then bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden. SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve as is, or top with taco sauce and/or warm nacho cheese sauce and garnish with olives; garnish plate with sliced avocado. These go very well with Fritos brand corn chips or tortilla chips. SNAP your fingers and shout,"OLE!".
Nutrition Facts : Calories 708.8, Fat 38, SaturatedFat 18.7, Cholesterol 83.5, Sodium 1609.9, Carbohydrate 60, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 4.2, Protein 31.9
More about "chihuahua dogs hot dog tacos recipes"
TACO HOT DIGGITY DOGS OR TORTILLA TACO DOGS | RECIPE
TACO DOG - RECIPES FAST FOOD
CHEESY CHILI DOG TACOS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
10 BEST HOT DOG TORTILLA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE CHIHUAHUA DOGS (HOT DOG TACOS) - YOUTUBE
RECIPES FOR CHIHUAHUAS - CHIHUAHUA RESCUE VICTORIA
CONEY ISLAND CHILI DOG TACOS - PACE FOODS
MEXICAN HOT DOGS - MEXICAN STYLE TACO DOGS RECIPE
CHIHUAHUA DOGS (HOT DOG TACOS) RECIPE | YUMMLY
TOP DOG TIPS - DOG FOOD RECIPES, CARE TIPS & BEST DOG SUPPLIES …
10 EASY DOG TREATS TO MAKE FOR YOUR CHIHUAHUA - I LOVE MY CHI
HOMEMADE DOG FOOD FOR CHIHUAHUAS GUIDE: RECIPES, NUTRITION
CHICAGO STYLE HOT DOG TACOS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
SONORAN HOT DOG TACOS RECIPE - MISSION FOODS
HOT DOG TACOS - SUGARDALE
CHIHUAHUA HOTDOGS | GTA WIKI | FANDOM
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
HOT DOG TACO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHIHUAHUA DOG RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
36 BEST TACO DOG IDEAS | CHIHUAHUA LOVE, CHIHUAHUA, CUTE
TACO HOT DOGS - THE CANDID APPETITE
HOTDOGS A LA MEXICANA RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
TACO HOTDOGS – HOW TO CREATE A HOTDOG-TACO BAR FOR PARTIES AND …
CAMPING HOT DOG TACO - BUSH COOKING
CHIHUAHUA DOGS (HOT DOG TACOS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPE: DELICIOUS TACOS FOR DOGS – TASTY RECIPES CLUB
CHEESY MEXICAN HOT DOG TAQUITOS - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
WHY ALL THE HOWLING OVER TACO BELL DOG? - LOS ANGELES TIMES
TACO CHILI DOGS - PLAIN CHICKEN
CHIHUAHUA DOGS HOT DOG TACOS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHIHUAHUA MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
HOT DOG TACO RECIPE - MIND OVER MUNCH
CHIHUAHUA SANDWICH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
BEST HOT DOCOS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOT DOCOS - DELISH
MEXICAN TACO HOT DOG - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
[RECIPE] EASY CHICKEN TACOS FOR DOGS - LITTLE DOG TIPS
TACO HOT DOG RECIPE IDEA - SAVVY SAVING COUPLE
You'll also love