STIR FRIED GREEN BEANS
This is a Very Good Stir-Fry Green Beans Recipe for Diabetics, But, can be used by anyone.The recipe comes from Splenda.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Stir-Fry Sauce: Combine the stir-fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Stir- Fry: In a large skillet or wok.
- Heat the oil and stir-fry the green beans,until they are barely crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender and the water has evaporated.
- Add the sauce and continue stir-frying for 5 or 6 more minutes.
- Until the beans are tender,BUT, not over cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.3, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 344.7, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 2, Protein 3
STIR-FRIED GARLIC GREEN BEANS
The green beans should remain crunchy in this dish, which is adapted from Grace Young's recipe in "Stir-Fry to the Sky's Edge."
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt and add the green beans. Boil 1 minute, drain and rinse with cold water, then place on a kitchen towel to dry thoroughly. (If vegetables aren't dry when you add them to the hot wok or pan, they will splutter and braise instead of stir-frying.) Place within reach of your wok or pan.
- Combine the soy sauce and wine or sherry in a small bowl or measuring cup and place within reach of your wok or pan. Place the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in another small container near the burner.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or a 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within a second or two when added to the pan. Swirl in the oil by adding it to the sides of the pan and swirling the pan. Add the garlic and ginger, stir-frying for no more than 10 seconds, and then add the green beans. Toss together, then add the soy sauce and sherry and stir-fry for one to two minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 77, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 298 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
STIR-FRIED GARLIC GREEN BEANS
These easy, healthy garlic green beans make a great accompaniment to a Chinese feast, and they're made with just 4 ingredients in 15 minutes
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat the oil in a wok, then stir-fry the green beans for 5 mins until they start to brown. Add the garlic and continue to cook until just tinged brown, then splash in the oyster sauce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
'CHINESE BUFFET' GREEN BEANS
Every time my family and I go to a Chinese buffet we make a bee line for the green beans! This is a simple and tasty re-creation of that much loved side dish, goes well with any Asian meal. Make sure to slice the garlic, don't use a garlic press. Oyster sauce can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store, at an Asian grocery store, and online.
Provided by roweena
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 20 seconds. Add the green beans; cook and stir until the green beans begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Continue cooking and stirring for several minutes until the beans have attained the desired degree of tenderness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 140.7 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CHINESE GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in green beans; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and then stir in black bean sauce. Continue cooking until green beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 368.2 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CHINESE "DRY-FRIED" GREEN BEANS
- Preparing the ingredients: Wash the green beans, drain thoroughly, and trim the tops and bottoms. Cut the green beans on the diagonal into slices approximately 2 inches long. Chop the garlic, ginger and scallions. Dry-Frying: Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they start to shrivel or "pucker" and turn brown (6 to 7 minutes for longbeans). Remove the green beans from the wok and drain in a colander. Cooking the aromatics: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the chili paste and stir-fry for a few more seconds until aromatic. Assembling: Add the green beans and the dark soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper if using. Stir everything together, and taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve hot.
GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY
- Whisk together honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl; set aside. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet on high heat. Add the green beans and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes until dark green and caramelized. Add the garlic and ginger, stirring constantly for 2 minutes longer. Add the sauce, stir to incorporate and heat another minute. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.
More about "chinese green bean stir fry recipes"
CHINESE STIR FRY GREEN BEANS | TWO KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 18 minsCategory Make Ahead, Side DishCalories 66 per serving
- DRY-FRY BEANS: Heat oil in a wok or skillet to medium. Add green beans and saute for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium high. Continue to saute, stirring for 4 minutes until beans are tender crisp and charred a bit. If you like them more charred, reverse time and cook 4 minutes on medium and 6 minutes on medium high heat.
- FINISH BEANS: Pour sauce into skillet Stir to coat beans evenly. Saute one more minute. Transfer to serving platter. Top with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
PORK STIR FRY WITH GREEN BEANS | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (95)Total Time 15 minsCategory Stir FryCalories 368 per serving
- Charred Beans: Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a heavy based skillet over high heat (I use cast iron) until smoking. Add beans, spread out to cover base. Leave for 1 minute. Quick stir, spread out, cook for 30 seconds. Stir, then leave for 30 seconds, then repeat once more (so 2 1/2 minutes in total cook time) until beans are charred but tender crisp (not withered and floppy). Remove into bowl.
- Turn heat down to medium high, add 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, then garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute until edges of onion are golden.
CHICKEN AND GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.7/5 (31)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4
- Toss chicken, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in a medium bowl. Stir vinegar, wine, and remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce in a small bowl. Have all your other ingredients prepped and ready to go (once you start cooking, there isn’t a stopping point and you’ll need them handy).
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet (not nonstick) over high. When oil is shimmering and slides quickly across surface of pan, add scallions and ginger and cook, tossing, until scallions are browned and softened, about 2 minutes. Add green beans and a pinch of salt and cook, tossing often, until green beans are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer green bean mixture to another medium bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over high. When oil is shimmering again, add chicken mixture and arrange slices in a single layer in skillet. Cook, undisturbed, until chicken is browned and caramelized on first side, about 1 minute. Toss and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink and cooked through, about a minute or two longer. Pour in wine mixture and green bean mixture and cook, tossing briskly, until sauce is thickened and all ingredients are coated, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and taste, then season with more salt, if desired.
CHINESE PORK AND GREEN BEAN STIR FRY - THE BLOOD SUGAR ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CHINESE GREEN BEANS AND MUSHROOM STIR-FRY - THE FOODIE ...
5/5 (8)Category Main CourseCuisine Asian, ChineseTotal Time 25 mins
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Feel free to adjust the measurements according to your desired taste. Set aside.You can also use this sauce for other stir-fried recipes, or even more noodles!
- Snap both ends off each bean with your hands and then snap off the top and bottom ends to remove strings or veins.
STIR FRY GREEN BEANS WITH BACON | THE FORK BITE
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 81 per serving
- Chop the green beans in half (optional - but it's easier to munch) and cut bacon into bite sizes. Set aside.
- Heat the wok and fry the bacon. Cook the bacon until the edges are a bit crispy while releasing enough oil. Add the chopped garlic and shallots and stir fry for 30 seconds.
STIR-FRIED CHINESE GREEN BEANS WITH PORK | THE WOKS OF LIFE
5/5 (22)Total Time 45 minsCategory VegetablesCalories 317 per serving
- Combine the ground meat with all the marinade ingredients. Stir until any standing liquid has been absorbed by the meat. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the chopped green beans. Stir and spread the beans into a single layer. Cook for 30 seconds. Then stir and repeat the spreading step several times until the green beans are slightly charred, wilted, and cooked through. Turn the heat lower if needed to avoid burning. It takes about 5-8 minutes to cook the green beans this way. (To speed up the cooking, add a few drops of water each you stir, to create some steam.) Transfer the cooked green beans to a dish and set aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok, with the heat turned up to high. Add the ground meat and brown it. Don’t stir too much; give the meat a chance to brown and crisp. Once the meat has browned, reduce the heat to medium.
- Next, add the garlic, bell pepper and chilies. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add in the cooked green beans, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper, a pinch of salt (to taste), and 2 tablespoons water. With the heat all the way up on high, stir-fry for a final 10-15 seconds and serve.
SIZZLING CHINESE GREEN BEANS | DELICIOUS VEGAN STIR FRY RECIPE
Reviews 5Author Gina HouseCuisine AsianCategory Lunch or Dinner
- Add your green beans to a colander, rinse with water, pinch off any unwanted stems, and break in half.
- While your wok is heating up, mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well and put aside for later.
- Once the wok is pre-heated, add your green beans and water. Cover immediately. Steam for 4 minutes or until just tender.
CHINESE BEEF GREEN BEANS STIR FRY | TODAY'S CREATIVE LIFE
4.4/5 (32)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 435 per serving
- Heating 1 TBS of the oil in a large skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add green beans and saute for 4 minutes. Transfer green beans to a plate; set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS oil in the same skillet (empty), add the beef strips and cook for one minute without stirring. Saute beef for 3-4 more minutes, or until cooked through; set aside on plate with green beans.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and add scallions; saute for 1-2 minutes, or until browning a bit. Add ginger and garlic and saute with scallions for 30 seconds. Add beef and green beans back to skillet and stir to combine.
STRING BEAN CHICKEN STIR-FRY (A 20-MINUTE RECIPE!) | THE ...
4.9/5 (32)Total Time 20 minsCategory ChickenCalories 304 per serving
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken in a bowl, mix well with your hands so the chicken absorbs all the marinade liquid, and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together ½ cup stock or water, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sesame oil, a pinch of freshly ground white pepper, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- When ready to cook, preheat your wok over medium high heat until it’s almost smoking. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the wok and sear the chicken until it's just browned. If your wok is as hot as it should be, the chicken should not stick. Turn off the heat while you transfer the chicken to a separate bowl. Leave any oil/fat in the wok.
- Add 2 additional tablespoons oil to the wok, and add the string beans in a single layer. Sear the string beans on one side, about 1 minute. Stir-fry the beans for 30 seconds, and then add ¼ cup water to the wok. Cover the wok and allow the green beans to steam for 60-90 seconds (still on medium high heat).
SPICY CHINESE STIR FRY GREEN BEANS - WENT HERE 8 THIS
Ratings 10Calories 108 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Toast the Sichuan peppercorns in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often. Once they are fragrant remove them from the skillet.
CHINESE GREEN BEANS RECIPE - DUMPLING CONNECTION
Cuisine Chinese, SichuanCategory Main CourseServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Start by washing your green beans and draining them. Then trim the top and bottoms of each bean. If you are using the Chinese long beans, cut them on a diagonal into 2-inch long slices.
- To dry-fry the beans, heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat in a wok and then add in the green beans. Stir-fry them until the beans begin to shrivel and turn brown. If you are using Chinese long beans this will take about 6 to 7 minutes.
SPICY CHINESE SICHUAN GREEN BEANS - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (20)Total Time 25 minsCategory SideCalories 115 per serving
- Cook the garlic mixture for 30 seconds to a minute then add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water and chili flakes.
CHINESE STIR FRY GREEN BEANS RECIPE WITH GINGER AND SPICY PORK
Reviews 10Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In the largest skillet you have (at least 12 inches in diameter), over high heat warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Let it get nice and hot (it will smile). Add the green beans and cook, stirring, until they're charred in spots and just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the beans to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan (I used a little less), along with the pork, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork loses its rawness and is on its way to being browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ginger and chile and cook, stirring, until the pork is browned and a little bit crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return the string beans to the skillet and drizzle over the soy sauce (or tamari) and chicken stock. Cook, stirring, just until everything is nicely combined and the liquid is mostly evaporated, a couple of minutes. Season the beans to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately next to or on top of rice. (Add a fried egg if you like!).
SAVORY CHINESE STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Side Dish, VegetablesCuisine ChineseTotal Time 12 mins
- Heat up a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Once it's smoking hot, add the oil and swirl around to cover the entire bottom. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the green beans and quickly swirl around with a spatula to coat each one with oil. Keep cooking while swirling for 2 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium and add the water and salt. Cook covered for 3-5 minutes, stirring once per minute. Remove the lid once the green beans have softened a bit
- Raise heat back up to medium-high and cook off the excess water. Once all the water is gone, add the soy sauce to the edge of the pan and let it start sizzling before mixing in with the green beans. This will give that authentic Chinese stir fry flavor
GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY RECIPE WITH GARLIC BLACK BEAN SAUCE
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
STIR-FRY BEEF WITH CHINESE GREEN BEANS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
EASY CHICKEN AND GREEN BEAN STIR FRY - CHINESE GRANDMA
See details »
CHILI GREEN BEAN STIR FRY RECIPE | BETTER THAN TAKE OUT ...
See details »
ASIAN GREEN BEANS STIR FRY | CHINESE GARLIC SPICY GREEN ...
See details »
You'll also love