CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or a 10-inch round.
- Chop maraschino cherries and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mic together the cake mix, cola, oil, eggs, and the reserved cherry juice until a batter forms. Stir in the chopped cherries.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Using a hand mixer or small food processor, mix together the marshmallow cream and canned frosting. Spread over top of the cake.
- Optional: pat dry maraschino cherries. Melt the chocolate melting candy according to directions on package. Dip each cherry in the chocolate and place on non-stick surface to dry. Place cherries on top of the cake as a garnish.
CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE
For a truly different chocolate cake, think outside the box and inside the slow cooker. This easy dessert comes out warm, moist, fudgy and wonderful. And it won't heat up the kitchen. -Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small saucepan, bring cola and dried cherries to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes. , In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, chocolate, baking powder and salt. Combine the chocolate milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherry mixture. Pour into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray., For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the cola, sugar and brown sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and rum until smooth. Pour over batter; do not stir., Cover and cook on high until set, 2-2-1/2 hours. Turn off heat; let stand, covered, for 30 minutes. If desired, serve warm with ice cream and maraschino cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 380mg sodium, Carbohydrate 80g carbohydrate (59g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY COLA CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Chop cherries; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, cola beverage, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup reserved cherry liquid with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in chopped cherries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 34 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme until smooth. Frost cake. Top each piece with 2 cherries with stems. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 65 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 350 mg, Sugar 48 g, TransFat 2 g
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE
I love to celebrate birthdays with the crew and my bandmates. When we're on the road, it's nice to have the band family celebrate. Jimi's birthday falls at the end of October, and I sometimes make this silly chocolate cherry cola cake for him, decorating the top with chocolate cherry cordials or gummy candies. I always let him choose what he's got a hankering for, and it's often this.
Provided by Kimberly Schlapman
Yield Makes one 9 x 13-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13- inch cake pan.
- 2. Whisk together the cake mix, cherry cola, oil, eggs, vanilla, and the reserved cherry juice in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in the maraschino cherries. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Make the frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla, then beat in the remaining powdered sugar. Add the marshmallow crème and mix well, then fold in the cherries. Frost the cooled cake in the pan.
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY COLA CAKE
From Pillsbury Super Moist Cake Mix Recipes. Cola Cake is an old southern recipe. This updated recipe uses a cake mix and cherry cola.
Provided by True Texas
Yield 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Chop cherries, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, cola beverage, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup reserved liquid with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cherries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme until smooth. Frost cake. Top each piece with 2 cherries.
- For chocolate-dipped cherries, melt 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoons shortening in microwave; stir. Dip well-drained cherries with stems into chocolate; refrigerate to set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.8, Fat 21.7, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 437.4, Carbohydrate 77.2, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 54.1, Protein 4.3
CHERRY COKE CAKE
Chocolate and cherries are a magical combination. Here, we amp up the cherry flavor by using cherry cola in the cake batter.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, then line with parchment and spray the parchment.
- Combine the cake mix and pudding mix in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed to blend. With the mixer still running, add the egg whites, cherry cola and vegetable oil and mix until combined. Raise the speed to medium and mix until increased in volume, lighter in color and smooth, about 5 minutes. Fold in the maraschino cherries. Divide the batter between the prepared baking pans; smooth into even layers using an offset spatula.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool in the pans, about 10 minutes, then turn out onto racks and let cool completely, about 1 hour.??
- For the frosting: Mix the confectioners' sugar, butter and salt together in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on low speed until well blended, then increase the speed to high and whip until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the maraschino cherry liquid and continue to whip until bright pink and spreadable. Add the chopped cherries and mix on low speed until evenly distributed.
- Using a serrated knife and sawing in long, even strokes, carefully halve the cake layers horizontally. Place 1 layer, cut-side up, on a platter or cake stand; spread 1 1/2 cups frosting on top. Stack another cake layer on top and spread another 1 1/2 cups frosting on top. Repeat with the remaining 2 cake layers, then cover the top and sides with a thin layer of frosting (this is the crumb coat) and use a bench scraper or large offset spatula to smooth out the sides and top (it's okay if some cake shows through). Refrigerate 15 minutes, then add another 1/2-inch layer of frosting to the top of the cake and smooth out to make a perfectly flat top. Refrigerate until ready to cover with ganache.
- For the ganache: Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until beginning to boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is completely smooth and the chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes, then pour over the chilled cake so that the top is completely coated and chocolate drips decoratively down the sides. Let set at room temperature 30 minutes, then top with the whole cherries in the center of the cake and serve.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CUPCAKES WITH RED LICORICE FILLING AND MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
Provided by Food Network
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 regular size cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, half-and-half, oil, and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the warmed cherry cola until fully combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter and bake until the cupcakes spring back when touched with your finger, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool in the pans for a few minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fill each of the cupcakes with Red Licorice Filling. Sprinkle the crushed yogurt covered pretzels on top. Top with Marshmallow Frosting and drizzle with Cherry Cola Glaze.
- Tear the licorice into 1 inch pieces and place in a saucepan with the water over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool. Whisk in the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick and bubbly. Continue to cook for 1 minute, and then remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a heat-safe bowl over a saucepan with boiling water. Whisk constantly over the heat for 1 to 3 minutes. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks have formed, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the cherry cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to the powdered sugar until it has a good consistency to drizzle on cupcakes.
CHERRY COLA CAKE
Cherry cola and marshmallows make a zippy chocolate dessert that is scrumptious topped with vanilla ice cream. - Cheri Mason, Harmony, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper. Divide marshmallows between pans., In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking soda. In a small saucepan, combine butter, cola and cocoa; bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened., In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly. Pour into prepared pans, dividing batter evenly. (Marshmallows will float to the top.), Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme and juice concentrate on low speed just until blended., Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer; spread with remaining frosting. Decorate with cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 calories, Fat 28g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 335mg sodium, Carbohydrate 83g carbohydrate (61g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE I
- Combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, and three eggs. Mix until well blended.
- Bake in well greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- To Make Frosting: Combine sugar, butter or margarine, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate pieces until melted and smooth.
- Frost when cake is cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.1 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 39.8 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 280.2 mg, Sugar 27.5 g
CHERRY-COLA DUMP CAKE
Super easy to prepare: Just mix devil's food cake mix with cola and pour over cherries. Bake for one hour and voila!
Provided by By Paula Jones
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat oven to 350°F. Into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, "dump" cherries with cherry juice.
- In medium bowl, mix cake mix and carbonated beverage. "Dump" mixture over cherries.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes before cutting and serving cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg, Sugar 42 g, TransFat 0 g
CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE-SLOW COOKER RECIPE
Provided by Side Passion
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small saucepan, bring cola and dried cherries to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, chocolate, baking powder and salt. Combine the chocolate milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherry mixture. Pour into a 3 qt slow cooker coated with cooking spray. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the cola, sugar and brown sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and rum until smooth. Pour over batter; do not stir. Cover and cook on high for 2-2.5 hours or until set. Turn off heat; let stand, covered for 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and maraschino cherries if desired.
CHERRY COLA-CHOCOLATE-MAYONNAISE-SAUERKRAUT CAKE
Shortly after World War II, when Rosie the Riveter was exiled to her suburban kitchen, a conspiracy of processed-food suppliers unleashed a fusillade of bizarre concoctions -- like dumping tomato soup, sauerkraut and mayonnaise into cakes -- that masqueraded as fine cooking. Proceed, if you dare.
Provided by Rozanne Gold
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- In medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder.
- In large bowl with mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and beat in mayonnaise.
- Add flour and cola alternately. Mix in drained sauerkraut.
- Pour into pan, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 313, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 297 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CROCK POT CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE DESSERT
DH and I enjoy this easy dessert. Warm chocolate cake with chocolate pudding. Notice that it is dark rum which is difficult to find in small bottles. Feel free to sub in semisweet chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate, cherry coke for the regular coke with 1 teaspoon of almond extract, and for the liquor try amaretto-it is good too.
Provided by WiGal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small saucepan, bring cola and dried cherries to a boil.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, chopped chocolate, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter in microwave, add the chocolate milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cherry mixture.
- Line a three quart slow cooker with liner or coat with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the cola, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and rum until smooth.
- Pour over cherry mixture; do NOT stir. This was very liquidy (sorry about the new word) but it works out.
- Put a sheet of paper toweling between the slow cooker and lid to absorb the condensation. I changed mine once during the 2 hours.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until set. Mine was set in 2 hours BUT I have an old crock pot.
- Turn off the heat; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and maraschino cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440.7, Fat 20.4, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 34.2, Sodium 387.9, Carbohydrate 60.9, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 37.8, Protein 5.5
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE IV
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the yogurt, melted chocolate and cherries with juice. Stir together the flour and baking soda and beat into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour milk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.6 calories, Carbohydrate 35.4 g, Cholesterol 26.8 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 164 mg, Sugar 18.1 g
More about "chocolate cherry cola cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY COLA CAKE | RECIPE | DEVILS FOOD CAKE MIX RECIPE, …
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE - FOOD LION
RECIPE OF FAVORITE CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE | MY US FOOD
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO MAKE TONIGHT — EAT THIS …
CHERRY COLA CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHERRY COKE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHERRY BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
CHERRY COLA SHEET CAKE RECIPE FROM PATRICIA HEATON
CROCKED CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE - KELLI'S KITCHEN
CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE | IMPERIAL SUGAR
CHERRY COCA COLA CAKE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | COLA CAKE, CUPCAKE …
CHERRY COLA LAYER CAKE - COOKIE DOUGH AND OVEN MITT
INCREDIBLE CHERRY AND COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY COLA CAKE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE CHERRY DUMP CAKE - THE HAPPY HOUSEWIFE™ :: COOKING
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE - LEAH CLAIRE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA POKE CAKE - EVERYDAYDIABETICRECIPES.COM
CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE - DIXIE CRYSTALS
CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE - JO COOKS
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
CHERRY COLA CUPCAKES - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA BUNDT CAKE - HOT DISH HOMEMAKER
MAKE THIS CRAZY GOOD CHOCOLATE COKE CAKE FROM A CAKE MIX AND …
CHEERWINE CHERRY COLA CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE - BUSH COOKING
TWO-INGREDIENT CHERRY COKE CAKE - THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, DECADENT CAKES ...
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA CAKE RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
COCA COLA CHOCOLATE CHERRY CUPCAKES - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
CHRISTINA TOSI'S CHERRY COLA BUNDT CAKE
CHERRY COCA-COLA CAKE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COKE CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CROCK-POT CHOCOLATE CHERRY COLA DUMP CAKE + VIDEO
#time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #desserts #cakes #dietary #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a cherry cake?Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Chop cherries; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, cola beverage, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup reserved cherry liquid with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
What is the best recipe to make a chocolate cake?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan. In medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. In large bowl with mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and beat in mayonnaise.
How do you make marshmallows with cherry cola and ice cream?Cherry cola and marshmallows make a zippy chocolate dessert that is scrumptious topped with vanilla ice cream. — Cheri Mason, Harmony, North Carolina Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper. Divide marshmallows between pans. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking soda.
How many ingredients are in a Cherry Coke cake?Our Two-Ingredient Cherry Coke Cake calls for only two ingredients, but it has a ton of flavor! Simply mix the two ingredients together and toss the dish in the oven!