CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread in a round, buttered, deep dish pie plate. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, a dash of salt, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon . Add chocolate chips. Pour over bread and gently mix. Let sit for 15 minutes, so bread can absorb mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until firm but not dry.
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter ramekin or 1 muffin cup.
- Cook butter (1 tablespoon), cream, chocolate, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cayenne, and a pinch of salt in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in egg until combined. Fold in bread cubes and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fill ramekin with bread mixture and bake until puffed and set around edge but still moist in center, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
This is a fun recipe because the chocolate makes it different from traditional bread pudding. It's a rich, comforting dessert. -Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cream; set aside. , In a large bowl, whisk sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. , Spoon into 2 greased 2-cup souffle dishes. Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. , If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622 calories, Fat 17g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 145mg cholesterol, Sodium 656mg sodium, Carbohydrate 105g carbohydrate (79g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
When I really want to impress guests, I serve this decadent bread pudding. With just a few staple ingredients-bread, eggs, sugar and chocolate-I'm able to turn out this masterpiece in no time! -Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. springform pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Cube remaining butter; place in a small saucepan. Add chocolate chips and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, espresso powder and salt. Gently stir in bread; let stand until bread is softened, about 15 minutes. Fold in chocolate mixture. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes., Meanwhile, for sauce, heat cream in a small heavy saucepan until bubbles form around sides. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, brown sugar and salt. Whisk a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in butter. Fold in pecans and coconut. If desired, stir in brandy. Cool., For whipped cream, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and, if desired, brandy; beat until soft peaks form., Loosen sides of pan with a knife. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove rim from pan. Serve pudding warm with sauce and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts :
CHOCOLATE CHALLAH BREAD PUDDING
- The day before you want to serve this dessert, if possible, put raisins in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and drain. Place plumped raisins in a plastic container with a tight-fitting cover and sprinkle with the rum. Cover and let macerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt the butter and cool slightly.
- Cut the challah in half, and cut one of the halves into thin slices. Cut remaining bread into cubes.
- Put diced challah in the bottom of the baking dish. Strew with the raisins and rum and half the butter. Dip one side of each slice of challah into the butter and arrange, slightly overlapping and buttered side up, over the top of diced challah and raisins.
- Combine the milk, cream and sugar, and vanilla bean in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, add chocolate, and allow to stand 3 minutes; whisk smooth.
- Whisk eggs until combined in a large mixing bowl, then strain the milk mixture into the eggs and beat them together. Do not overbeat or the custard will have a great deal of foam on the surface. Strain the custard back into the pan and use a large spoon to skim any foam from the surface. Pour the custard over the challah.
- Place the baking dish in another larger pan and pour warm water into it to come halfway up the side of the baking dish. Bake the bread pudding for about 45 minutes, until the custard is set and the challah is an even color.
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Increase heat to high and cook, brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush but without stirring, until mixture becomes golden amber in color.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan; immediately remove from heat.
- Remove caramel from heat. When caramel has stopped bubbling, stir in about 1/4 cup of hot cream, taking care as caramel will begin to bubble up once cream is added. Continue adding the cream about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring, adding more cream when bubbles subside, until all cream has been used. Add milk and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk caramel mixture into reserved egg mixture.
- Place chocolate cake pieces in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour caramel mixture evenly over cake.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING
I found a simple recipe for the same ol' same ol' bread pudding and decided to add a delicious twist. The first time I made this, I almost ate the entire pan by myself- so be careful! NOT for dieters!
Provided by Melanie2590
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place torn croissants in an 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan or casserole. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the croissants.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over croissants and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 83.1, Sodium 209.7, Carbohydrate 27.9, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 17.1, Protein 5.3
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Diagonally cut bread slices in half to make triangles.
- Arrange 1/3 of the bread in bottom of pan slightly overlapping.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cups semi sweet morsels.
- Repeat layers with remaining bread and semi sweet morsels, ending with semi sweet morsels.
- Whisk half and half with eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Evenly pour over bread.
- cover with aluminun foil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or golden brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574.8, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 171.7, Sodium 375.8, Carbohydrate 78.8, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 36.5, Protein 13.8
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Slice baguette in 1/4 inch slices and brush one side with melted butter. Place on a baking sheet and into preheated oven until golden, about 1 minute.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat cream and milk until warm. Do not scald.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla until smooth. Blend in warm cream mixture a little at a time. Whisk egg mixture into melted chocolate until smooth.
- Arrange toasted bread slices, buttered side up, in prepared dish until dish is full. Pour chocolate mixture over bread and let rest 40 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let rest 8 hours or overnight.
- To make sauce, melt unsweetened chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Stir in boiling water, 1/2 cup sugar and corn syrup until smooth. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil Boil gently 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- To serve: Warm bottom of baking dish, loosen edges of pudding with a knife then invert cold pudding onto a serving platter. Serve with warm chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 850.4 calories, Carbohydrate 67.1 g, Cholesterol 410.4 mg, Fat 62.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 37.2 g, Sodium 276.9 mg, Sugar 41.3 g
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Butter a two-quart pudding mold, souffle dish or mixing bowl.
- Trim crusts from the bread and cut into one-half-inch cubes. Place in a bowl, moisten with milk and allow to soak for five minutes. Squeeze the bread dry.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Stir in the chocolate, the almonds and the lemon rind. Crumble in the bread and mix until well blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and gently fold into the pudding batter. Pour mixture into prepared mold and sprinkle with bread crumbs. If you are not using a pudding mold with a cover, cover your mold with a piece of aluminum foil and tie it securely with a piece of string.
- Place the mold on a rack in a steamer. Add four inches of hot water and steam gently for one hour. If you do not have a steamer you can easily improvise one. Select a large, covered casserole or Dutch oven which will comfortably hold the mold you are using. Place a rack inside it. Four pieces of wood criss-crossed may be used instead of a rack. Place the mold on the rack in the casserole and pour four inches of hot water from a kettle or pitcher. Cover and steam for one hour.
- Remove mold from the steamer. Uncover and run a knife around the edge. Unmold onto a serving plate.
- Allow to cool for one-half to an hour (but no longer) and serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 471, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 51 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 220 milligrams, Sugar 34 grams, TransFat 0 grams
DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Heat heavy cream, sugar, and milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir chopped chocolate into warm cream mixture using a wire whisk until smooth and chocolate has melted completely. Whisk eggs and vanilla extract into mixture gradually until well combined.
- Place French bread into the bottom of a shallow 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour chocolate mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Remove pudding from the refrigerator, uncover, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool 10 minutes before serving warm, or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Cholesterol 114.3 mg, Fat 28.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 161.8 mg, Sugar 20.3 g
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush bread all over with melted butter. Arrange pieces on a rack and place in oven, turning until golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and milk in a saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Put egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and add the hot cream mixture, a ladleful at a time, beating briskly with wire whisk. Skim off any foam that accumulates on the surface.
- Put chocolate in a mixing bowl. Place bowl in a basin of simmering water and let stand until chocolate melts.
- Add egg yolk mixture, a little at a time, to chocolate, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- In a baking dish measuring about 9 1/2 by 13 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches, arrange bread slices in two rows, the slices slightly overlapping. Pour chocolate mixture over bread. Let stand until some of the mixture is absorbed. Cover the bread pudding with clear plastic wrap and cover this with a rectangular dish that fits inside the baking dish. Add weights so the chocolate mixture barely covers all the bread and is absorbed by it. Let stand about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove weights, rectangular dish and plastic wrap. Cover top with aluminum foil, not letting it touch the chocolate filling. Punch a few holes in the foil with a knife. Seal foil around edges.
- Place dish in a larger dish and pour boiling water around it. Bring this to a boil on top of stove. Place dish in its water bath in oven and bake about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and on touch it springs back and the top has a slight glossy look. Serve warm, cut into squares with English custard on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1013, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 77 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 44 grams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Sugar 55 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "chocolate chile bread pudding recipes"
EASY CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | BEST RECIPE BOX
CHOCOLATE CHALLAH BREAD PUDDING - THE FOOD GAYS
HAWAIIAN CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING - SOMETHING NEW …
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING - BETTER HOMES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CAROLE LALLI'S CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | BON …
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
TORTILLA BREAD PUDDING WITH CHILI CHOCOLATE SAUCE
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
EGG FREE, DAIRY FREE, NUT FREE COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD …
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING - FOODDIEZ.COM
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
CHOCOLATE CHILE PUDDING RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BERRIES - LIL' COOKIE
CHOCOLATE CHILE BREAD PUDDING FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING - MY BAKING ADDICTION
CARNATION® | CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
5-MINUTE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING – MICROWAVE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CUSTARD BREAD PUDDING - MOMS WHO THINK
CHILI CHOCOLATE BREAD - PEPPERSCALE
ANCHO CHILI CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING - CLEVER HOUSEWIFE
CAFE NORDSTROM WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - SECRET …
BEST CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - SOMETHING SWANKY
CHOCOLATE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING - TASTE AND TELL
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING | VERY BEST BAKING
PEANUT BUTTER DIP - EASY DESSERT DIP RECIPE!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's a good recipe for a chocolate bread pudding?This is a fun recipe because the chocolate makes it different from traditional bread pudding. It's a rich, comforting dessert. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cream; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture.
How do you make the perfect Christmas pudding?Whisk egg and vanilla extract together in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture. Set custard aside to cool, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Add bread cubes and remaining chocolate chips to the custard and toss to coat. Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow oval baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the pudding.
How do you make bread with chocolate chips and butter?Lightly butter a baking dish. Break up the bread into 1-inch pieces and add to the dish. Gently mix in the chocolate chips to evenly distribute throughout the bread. Pour the wet mixture over the bread pieces and allow to soak for 8 to 10 minutes. Lightly push down the top pieces of bread to allow to soak up wet mixture.
How to make a homemade baked chocolate cake?Directions. Place bread in a round, buttered, deep dish pie plate. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, a dash of salt, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon . Add chocolate chips. Pour over bread and gently mix. Let sit for 15 minutes, so bread can absorb mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until firm but not dry.