CHOCOLATE-CHIP COOKIE ICE-CREAM SANDWICHES
Kids can help cook these chewy American-style biscuits - use two of them to squish vanilla ice cream into a hand-held treat
Provided by Donal Skehan
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Makes 12 sandwiches or 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make the cookies, tip the sugars and butter into a large bowl. Get a grown-up to help you use an electric hand mixer to blend them together until the mixture looks smooth and creamy, and a little paler in colour.
- Carefully break in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each egg and pausing to scrape down the sides with a spatula. Mix in the vanilla. (To avoid unwanted crunchy bits, get your helper to crack the eggs into a separate bowl first, then it's easy to pick out any shell before tipping into the mixture.)
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir through the chocolate chunks. Use your hands to squeeze the dough together in 1 big lump, then split into 2 even pieces. Put each piece on a sheet of cling film.
- Roll each piece of dough in the cling film so that they form thick sausage shapes, then seal the ends. Put them in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hrs or overnight - can be frozen at this point.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Take the dough rolls out of the fridge, unwrap and use a small knife to slice each one into 12 pieces, so you have 24 in total.
- Place the slices on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Ask a grown-up to put this in the oven to bake for 20 mins or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges, but still pale in the centre.
- Allow to cool slightly before lifting them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sandwich the cookies together with ice cream and dig in!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 85 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 59 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; mix in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Using 1 rounded tablespoon per cookie, drop mounds of dough, about 1 1/2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. (You'll have 25 to 30 cookies.) Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Scatter remaining chocolate chips on a plate. Place about 2 tablespoons ice cream between 2 cookies, bottoms facing in; press gently. Roll the sides of each sandwich in chips. (If ice cream is melting, place sandwiches in freezer until firm enough to roll in chips.) Transfer sandwiches onto baking sheets. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours; then wrap individually in plastic.
TATES COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH
These crunchy and delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches could be made with homemade cookies as well. A crunchier cookie (I'm partial to Tates when buying a store-bought brand) set better than a soft cookie.
Provided by Jolie at Food.com
Categories Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place your cookies on a flat surface.
- Scoop desired amount of softened ice cream, and place in the center of one cookie.
- Gently place the other cookie on top of the first, and lightly press them together.
- Take a smaller spoon, and fill in the gap between the ice cream and the edge of the cookie by smoothing a small amount of ice cream along the sides.
- If your ice cream is too soft, place the sandwiches in freezer until they are set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.9, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 15.1, Sodium 124.3, Carbohydrate 21.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.3, Protein 2.2
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Break cookie dough into chunks; stir into ice cream. Freeze until firm, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour over chocolate in a bowl. Let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Let stand, whisking often, until thick and spreadable, about 25 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons ganache onto 8 cookies. Scoop 1/4 cup ice cream onto remaining cookies. Sandwich cookies together. Freeze on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
We scream, you scream, we all scream for homemade ice cream sandwiches! Ice cream nestled between two tender cookies is hard to beat. Our Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect summer treat and can be made ahead of time, so you're ready to whip them out in a flash. To get started, grab your Betty Crocker™ cookie mix. You'll be legendary for our ice cream cookie sandwiches, and we think your kids will love them, too.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 375°F. Make cookies as directed on pouch, using butter and egg, except drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream (about 1/3 cup) between 2 cookies. Gently press cookies together (ice cream should spread to edge of cookies). Roll ice cream edges in sprinkles. Eat immediately, OR to save for later, wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap. Place in resealable freezer bag, and freeze until needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 Ice Cream Sandwich, Sodium 220 mg, Sugar 29 g, TransFat 1/2 g
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
These cute chewy cookies made with two kinds of chocolate form a perfect sandwich for vanilla ice cream...or any flavor ice cream you prefer. I really enjoy making desserts for my family, and this one hits the spot on hot Texas days. -Michelle Wolford San Antonio, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 ice cream sandwiches.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well., Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 16 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool., To make ice cream sandwiches, spread a 1/4 cup of ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 254mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM CAKE
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.6 calories, Carbohydrate 66.5 g, Cholesterol 42.5 mg, Fat 28.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 316.3 mg, Sugar 46.5 g
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, egg, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Stir to form dough. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack. Cool cookie completely, and then freeze for a minimum of 1 hour before completing ice cream sandwiches as directed.
- Soften ice cream on the counter for 10 minutes prior to making sandwiches. Remove cookies from freezer, place a scoop of ice cream on the backside of 1 cookie. Sandwich with another cookie and carefully press together until ice cream reaches the edge of the cookies. Roll edges in remaining chocolate chips. Freeze for 10 minutes, then serve.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixer, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, butter and margarine until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in three batches, mixing gently after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips, flax seed and millet.
- Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Using a kitchen scoop, take one scoop of ice cream and place it onto the flat side of a cookie, then top with second cookie, pressing to allow the ice cream to spread slightly. Immediately roll the edges of the cookie in chocolate chips or candies so that the ice cream is coated. Wrap individually in plastic and freeze until the ice cream is very firm, at least 4 hours.
More about "chocolate chip ice cream sandwich recipes"
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - BAKER BY NATURE
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine CookiesTotal Time 2 hrs 12 mins
- In a medium saucepan over medium flame, melt the butter. Add sugar and vanilla and whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is bubbling, about 3 or minutes. Add a 1/2 cup of the cream, and whisk until smooth. Remove pan from heat and allow it to cool while you make your ice cream.
- Top one cookie with a scoop of ice cream. Place another cookie on top of the ice cream and gently press down to form a sandwich. Roll the edges in chocolate chips and immediately place the sandwich in the freezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES BY JAKECOHEN ...
4/5 (14)Servings 12
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. With the motor running, add eggs, one at a time and scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients and mix slowly until a smooth dough forms. Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in both chocolates with a spatula. Scoop into 3-tablespoon-sized balls and arrange on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Working in 2 batches, bake the cookies, placing no more than 6 cookies per tray at least 2-inches apart from each other, until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - RECIPE GIRL
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 385 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, use and electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the sour cream, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture; mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using 1 rounded tablespoonful per cookie, drop mounds of dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto two baking sheets. You should be able to make 24 to 28 cookies. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely, then transfer to a freezer to chill. Place a baking sheet in the freezer to chill as well (you'll be using it to place the ice cream sandwiches on).
- Scatter the remaining chocolate chips on a plate. Place about 2 tablespoons of ice cream between 2 chilled cookies (bottoms facing in); press gently. Roll the sides of each sandwich in chocolate chips and place immediately on the chilled baking sheet in the coldest part of your freezer. Repeat with the remaining cookies/ice cream/chips. Let the sandwiches chill well in the freezer (45 to 60 minutes); then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Store in the freezer until ready to serve!
THE HOMEMADE CHIPWICH: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM ...
5/5 (5)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 42 mins
- Take one cookie and place a scoop of ice cream (about 1/4 cup) on the flat side of the cookie. Top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - WOOD & SPOON
5/5 (6)Category DessertServings 11Total Time 25 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar with a mixes on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing to incorporate. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir on low just until combined. Add the chocolate and fold to incorporate.
- Roll 1-1/2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the outer rim of the cookies are set, starting to bronze, and the inside of the cookies still look slightly underdone. If your cookie dough balls look shiny and greasy or if you know you used butter that was too soft, allow the dough to chill in the fridge briefly, about 20-30 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely (you can speed this process up in the freezer!) prior to filling with 1/3-1/2 cup sized scoops of ice cream of your choice. Freeze or eat immediately. You can store these wrapped in the freezer for up to two weeks.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
Ratings 6Calories 486 per servingCategory Baking, Cookies, Dessert
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder, scraping down the bowl occasionally until all the flour has been incorporated.
MINI MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH ...
5/5 (1)Category CookiesServings 24Total Time 37 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, salt, vanilla and almond extracts, vinegar and baking soda.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES ...
4.3/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, creaming well in between each egg addition. Add vanilla and blend.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, espresso powder, cocoa, baking soda and kosher salt. Mix in half of flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix. Add remaining half and mix. Mix in chocolate chunks.
CAKE BATTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE
5/5 (1)Calories 194 per servingCategory Dessert
- Melt one stick of butter until golden brown, whisking constantly after butter melts. Immediately pour into the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add cake mix, oatmeal, and eggs, and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- If desired, sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and roll in extra chocolate chips to coat. Freeze until ready to eat.
S'MORES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - A ...
5/5 (1)Category DessertServings 6Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- In a large bowl, cream butter until it is light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and beat until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- While the cookies are chilling, form the ice cream into discs. Take a 1 cup measuring cup, or something of similar size (like pictured above), and place plastic wrap inside of it, making sure some is hanging over the sides. Scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream into the plastic wrap, and press it into the cup, making a flat, even layer. Take the ice cream out, wrapping the plastic wrap securely around it, and place in the freezer. Repeat for the meaning ice cream (in total, you should have six ice cream centers).
- Once the cookies have cooled, dip each cookie into the melted milk chocolate (which can be done in the microwave in 30-second intervals or over a double broiler) about halfway. Lay each cookie down on parchment paper and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Allow chocolate to cool, about 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, place six cookies face down onto a cookie sheet. Unwrap each ice cream center and place one on each cookie. Take the remaining six cookies and place them on top.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - OH SWEET BASIL
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory 100 Best Cookies Recipes on The PlanetTotal Time 35 mins
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet or cutting board and place a line of cookies, flat bottoms up on the baking sheet.
- Scoop a large scoop of vanilla ice cream onto every other cookie and then top with another cookie, pressing gently so the ice cream really adheres to the cookie.
- Carefully push a stick into the center of the ice cream sandwiches. This is essential for freezing so that it all stays together.
COFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES | RECIPES
- Leave the ice cream at room temperature for about 15 minutes, until it’s soft enough to scoop but not melted.
- Place 4 cookies, flat side up, on a cutting board and, using a 2½-inch standard ice cream scoop, put one rounded scoop of ice cream on each cookie.
- Put the toffee bits in a shallow bowl and working quickly, roll the edge of the sandwiches in the toffee bits, using your hand to fill in the spaces.
HOW TO MAKE A CHIPWICH | CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM ...
See details »
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES | THE SPLENDID ...
See details »
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 15 hrs 15 minsServings 12
- To make the ice cream: Whisk together 1/2 cup (113g) of the milk, the sugar, syrup, tapioca starch, and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir in the remaining milk, and the cream., Cook and stir the mixture over medium-high heat until bubbles form around the edge and it begins to steam.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of a cream sauce; don't let it boil., Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - EAGLE BRAND
Servings 20Total Time 7 mins See details »
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE FOR KIDS ...
See details »
#FOOD #CHINESE FOOD #CHICKEN #ICE CREAM #SANDWICH # ...
See details »
CHOCOLATE "I SCREAM" COOKIE SANDWICHES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
See details »
You'll also love