PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE DESSERT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. In a large bowl, beat together 3/4 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, applesauce, and eggs. Mix in 1/2 cup heavy cream and pumpkin. Stir into the flour mixture just until blended. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan over a wire rack. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Place the brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/3 cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring to blend until smooth. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, and drizzle over the cake immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 613.3 calories, Carbohydrate 90.2 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 333.6 mg, Sugar 63.5 g
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs and oil for 3 minutes using a mixer on medium speed. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 20.7 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 362.1 mg, Sugar 25.4 g
CHOCOLATE-PUMPKIN CREPE CAKE
- Make the crepes: Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, pie spice, salt, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a blender. Blend, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth. Transfer the batter to a bowl; cover and let sit 1 hour.
- Make the filling: Whisk the sugar, eggs, cornstarch, pie spice, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Combine the milk and pumpkin in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking, until steaming. Gradually whisk in the egg mixture and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until very thick. Strain the filling through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pushing it through with a rubber spatula. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Working in three batches, fold the whipped cream into the filling until combined. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Make the crepes: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot; lightly brush with melted butter. Add about 3 tablespoons batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until the crepe is dry on the bottom and set on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook 30 more seconds. Invert onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter to make about 20 crepes, brushing the pan with more butter and stacking the crepes as you go. (Don't worry if a few tear; they can be layered in the center of the cake.)
- Assemble the cake: Lay a crepe on a plate or cake stand and spread with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin filling, spreading it to the edges. Top with another crepe and repeat with another layer of the pumpkin filling. Layer the remaining crepes and filling, ending with a crepe. Refrigerate the cake at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Make the ganache: Put the chocolate in a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until steaming, then pour over the chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until melted and smooth. (If the chocolate is not fully melted, microwave in 15-second intervals.) Let sit until thickened but still pourable, about 5 minutes. Pour the ganache over the crepe cake, letting the excess drip down the side, then gently smooth the top with a small offset spatula. Let the chocolate set, about 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife under hot water to slice.
- For clean slices, run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry before cutting.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN CAKE
It's surprising how perfectly chocolate and pumpkin combine in this two-toned firm cake. This flavorful mixture of ingredients really does take the cake! -Laurene Hunsicker, Canton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips. , Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion. In a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon chocolate batter over pecans; top with pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with remaining pecans., Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Fat 25g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 239mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HOT CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE
Hot chocolate is my go-to winter indulgence. To go with it, I like this moist pumpkin cake dusted with cocoa for an extra chocolate boost. -Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan., Beat first 7 ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in chocolate chips., Add to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool completely. If desired, dust with cocoa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450 calories, Fat 20g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 298mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (45g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHOCOLATE-PUMPKIN LAYER CAKE
This rich and decadent spiced pumpkin cake is just the thing to serve for an autumn celebration, Thanksgiving or otherwise. Chocolate chips and chopped pecans are added to the pumpkin batter for extra sweetness and a bit of welcome crunch. For those who like to plan ahead, it can be made and frozen - iced and all. Just put the entire finished cake on a plate or a baking sheet, unwrapped, and freeze it overnight until it is hard. Then it can be wrapped without damage to the frosting, and returned to the freezer. Layers can also be wrapped well and stored, to be iced later.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use a little butter to grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper. Butter and flour the paper. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer, cream 8 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in pumpkin purée. Mixture may look slightly curdled. Stir in flour mixture about half a cup at a time until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide batter into pans and bake in middle of oven until springy to the touch and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes, run a knife around edges, invert onto racks and peel off paper. Let cakes cool completely.
- In a large bowl, blend remaining 12 tablespoons butter and confectioners' sugar together. Blend in chocolate and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. If the frosting is too thick, add cream or milk by the tablespoon, blending well after each addition, until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer, smooth side up, on a platter. Ice top. Place second layer, smooth side down, on top; ice top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 765, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 94 grams, Fat 46 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 24 grams, Sodium 290 milligrams, Sugar 86 grams, TransFat 1 gram
CHOCOLATE CHUNK PUMPKIN CAKE
Doctor up your boxed mix to make Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cake-to scrumptious result. Add this Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cake to your next autumnal menu, and everyone will ask what the secret is! Don't worry, we won't tell.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Thanksgiving Desserts
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package, reducing water to 1/2 cup and increasing oil to 1/2 cup. Add half the cream cheese, pumpkin and spices; beat until blended. Stir in chocolate. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
- Mix remaining cream cheese with COOL WHIP and sugar until blended; spread onto cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 0.8925 g, Sugar 19 g, Protein 4 g
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CINNAMON CHOCOLATE GLAZE
I made this cake for a co-workers birthday and it was a huge success! Many recipe requests. :) Cooking time includes cooling time.
Provided by flower7
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In an electric mixer, combine cake mix, spices, baking soda, pumpkin, water and eggs.
- Mix on low for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes or until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool for 20 minutes more.
- To prepare glaze: combine sugar, butter and milk in a medium saucepan and stir until butter melts and mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in cinnamon chips, cocoa powder and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Let sit a few minutes to thicken.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
More about "chocolate pumpkin cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 12Total Time 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line 3 5- or 6-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 610 per serving
- Beat the butter and sugars together using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - I AM BAKER
5/5 (5)Total Time 32 minsCategory DessertCalories 1025 per serving
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare two 8x8-inch square baking pans with butter & flour or GOOP or non-stick spray.
- Add heavy cream to a stand mixer and whip on med to medium-high speed until soft peaks. (usually about 2-3 minutes)
EASY CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
BEST CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE …
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CAKE | ZAVOR®
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE - AVERIE COOKS
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE RECIPE | SAVE-ON-FOODS
BEST PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA …
TWO INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES - PICKY PALATE
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - SUGAR AND SOUL
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE CAKE | THE BEST PUMPKIN CAKE …
SPICED CHOCOLATE-PUMPKIN CAKE WITH PUMPKIN GLAZE …
THE BEST CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE | HEAVENLY HOMEMAKERS
CHOCTAW FALL CAKE NATIVE AMERICAN PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE 425
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN MAGIC CAKE - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
CHOCOLATE-PUMPKIN MARBLE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A PUMPKIN | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
RECIPE: PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CAKE | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE
EASY CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BEST CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
RIDICULOUSLY GOOD FUDGY DARK CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE …
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CAKE - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - A DASH OF SANITY
CHOCOLATE-GLAZED PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP EARTHQUAKE CAKE - BEYER BEWARE
BEST CHOCOLATE-FILLED PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - DELISH.COM
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN SNACK CAKE - THE COUNTRY COOK
PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN ROLL CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE BUNDT® CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE - FROSTING AND FETTUCCINE
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN BREAD WITH CAKE MIX - DAN DOE
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN MUG CAKE - I HEART VEGETABLES
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - PRETTY PROVIDENCE
#time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #cakes #dietary #cake-fillings-and-frostings #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
How To Make The Most Delicious Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake | Bundt Cake Recipe1.3K views-04:51
Easy Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cake21K views-06:04
MOIST Pumpkin Chocolate Cake!!! EASY RECIPE!!!377 views-04:26
Betty's Moist Chocolate Pumpkin Cake12K views-06:33
Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes | Easy Halloween & Fall Cupcakes | RECIPE1.1K views-02:31
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf Cake Recipe | Musings Inspiration on Living in the Present Moment54K views-07:13
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a pumpkin and chocolate cake mix?Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion. In a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans.
How do you make a pumpkin buttercream cake?Line the bottoms of two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper and lightly butter. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Stir the buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Beat the butter and sugars together using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
What temperature do you bake a chocolate pumpkin cake?This Chocolate Pumpkin Cake is packed with rich decadent flavor and a super fun presentation! Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare two 8x8-inch square baking pans with butter & flour or GOOP or non-stick spray.
What is the best recipe for a pumpkin and egg cake?Stir the buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Beat the butter and sugars together using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and yolk, one at a time.