CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED MOUSSE WITH WATTLESEED CREAM
wattleseed and chocolate flavoured mousse. Wattleseed is a native Australian seed from the acacia tree. It has a coffee-like aroma and blends well with chocolate. This really is an easy recipe. This recipe does contain raw eggs. Prep time does not include refrigeration time
Provided by Jubes
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chocolate, butter and juice in a microwave suitable bowl. Microwave until just melted.
- Whisk in the wattleseed and cocoa powder.
- Add the 2 egg yolks and the liqueur. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form - set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the sugar and beat until smooth and glossy.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Next, fold in the cream to the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl or individual bowls, and refrigerate.
- For the cream:WHixk all ingredients until thick. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The cream is better after a few hours as this will allow the flavours to blend. Serve the cream with the mousse.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND STRAWBERRIES
- Beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until it is whipped, and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler on medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, 1 tablespoon water, and half the sugar in a second metal bowl and whisk over the double boiler set over medium heat. (Do not allow any additional water to splash into this bowl.) Continue to whisk and insert a candy thermometer into the mix. When it reaches 145 degrees F, remove from the heat and whip with an electric mixer until it cools. Set aside briefly.
- Wash and dry the beaters for the electric mixer and wipe off the candy thermometer to have them clean for the next step. In the third metal bowl, combine the egg whites with the remaining 1/8 cup sugar and whisk over the double boiler until the candy thermometer reaches 145 degrees F. Then, remove from the heat and beat with the electric mixer until the whites are stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks. Fold the chocolate into the eggs, then fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into martini glasses or serving cups. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the toppings and garnish:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream until whipped. Slice each strawberry up to the stem and spread into a fan. Garnish chilled mousse with whipped cream and strawberries just before serving.
CREAMY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming sent the recipe for this fluffy dessert that's sure to satisfy chocolate cravings. "I like to garnish servings of the mousse with strawberries," she suggests.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate syrup and cocoa. , Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Fat 22g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 31mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CREAMIEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
This is one of the best chocolate mousses I've ever tried. It's so creamy (o.k. probably extremely fattening but holiday calories never count, do they?)I personally make the mousse without any alcohol added. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings for an extra special effect.
Provided by je_suis_unique
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until mostly melted, then remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream to medium stiff peaks, but do not allow it to become grainy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar, and continue whipping to medium stiff peaks. Fold in egg yolks and kirshwasser.
- Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated, then fold in whipped cream until evenly blended. Spoon into dessert cups, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 56.7 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE II
This is an easy mousse that is still light, fluffy, and very tasty! Substitute hot coffee for the water for a subtle flavor difference. This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
Provided by Sharon
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Grind chocolate chips in a blender, using short pulses. Add boiling water and blend to melt the chocolate. Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending well after each.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture gently. Pour the mousse into wine glasses or other serving glasses and chill in refrigerator until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 105.7 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 87.8 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
More about "chocolate wattleseed mousse with wattleseed cream recipes"
CHOCOLATE & WATTLESEED MOUSSE RECIPE - SBS
Cuisine AustralianServings 4
CHOCOLATE AND WATTLESEED TART WITH WATTLESEED HONEY CREAM ...
CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED BISCUITS - BIGOVEN.COM
THE BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED MOUSSE WITH WATTLESEED CREAM …
CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED MOUSSE - OUTBACK CHEF | RECIPE | FOOD ...
9KITCHEN - NINE.COM.AU
JESS BUTLER'S WATTLESEED MOUSSE - THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
WATTLESEED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - ROOGENIC
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND PUDDING RECIPES
BEST WATTLESEED RECIPES THAT WILL SURELY IMPRESS YOUR …
EASY WATTLESEED MOUSSE - THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED MOUSSE WITH WATTLESEED CREAM RECIPE ...
CHOCOLATE AND WATTLESEED MOUSSE – HUNTED+GATHERED
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH WHIPPED CREAM - CHATELAINE
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
WATTLESEED MUFFINS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS - G'DAY SOUFFLé
WATTLESEED MOUSSE WITH ORANGE JELLY | TUKKA RESTAURANT
HAIGHS CHOCOLATE NEMESIS, SALTED HAZELNUT MOUSSE, …
WATTLESEED MOUSSE + LEMON MYRTLE CREAM - THE FIT FOODIE
CHOCOLATE AND WATTLESEED MOUSSE RECIPE ...
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPES | WORLDCHOCOLATEDIRECTORY.ORG
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - RECIPETIN EATS
WATTLESEED CROCODILE WITH RIBERRY CONFIT RECIPE
CHOCOLATE WATTLESEED MOUSSE WITH WATTLESEED CREAM RECIPE
ONE BOWL 10 MINUTE CHOCOLATE AND WATTLESEED LAVA CAKE WITH ...
CHOCOLATE AND WATTLESEED MOUSSE RECIPE IN 2021 | MOUSSE ...
40 WATTLE SEED IDEAS | FOOD, RECIPES, DESSERTS
EASY WHIPPED DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #desserts #eggs-dairy #australian #no-cook #dinner-party #romantic #summer #puddings-and-mousses #seasonal #taste-mood #sweet #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make mousse with whipped cream?Add the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, making sure not to mix any more than necessary. Divide the mousse between 6 individual glasses, cover, and chill until set, at least 2 hours. Up to a few hours before serving, whip the cream until it begins to thicken.
How to make chocolate mousse with egg whites?Add boiling water and blend to melt the chocolate. Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending well after each. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture gently. Pour the mousse into wine glasses or other serving glasses and chill in refrigerator until set.
How to make Wattleseed hot chocolate at home?Prepare your hot chocolate as you usually do. While you add cocoa to it, add a pinch of grounded wattle seeds to it and enjoy the soothing wattleseed hot chocolate. Wattleseeds have a high concentration of calcium, potassium, zinc, and iron. They also form a good energy source and provide about 1,500 kilojoules of energy per 100 grams.
Do you have to melt chocolate before making Mousse?It’s best to fully melt the chocolate before combining it with the egg custard mixture to ensure that your chocolate mousse is extremely smooth and creamy. Once you whip the cream to add to the chocolate mixture, only fold in about 1/4 of the whipped cream at first.