SUE'S CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
Our family absolutely loves zucchini, especially when we grow it ourselves. We've found many ways to use it, including this spiced cake that's super moist and chocolaty good. -Sue Falk, Warren, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan., In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in zucchini., Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack., For frosting, place evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender jar; cover and process 30 seconds. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Add to milk mixture; cover and process 30-45 seconds or until thickened and smooth, stopping to scrape blender jar as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cream butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and sour milk. Beat until smooth.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon together and add to creamed mixture. Beat well. Stir in diced zucchini.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 25.9 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 93.1 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes to sour the milk. Beat in the butter, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the zucchini. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.5 calories, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 39.1 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 150.1 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CAKE
Don't you just love it when you can get your daily vegetable requirements from the dessert you eat? And a chocolate dessert at that!
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cream butter then add oil and sugar; mix.
- Add next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in the chips and nuts by hand.
- Put in a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until done.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
- In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini. , Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372 calories, Fat 23g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 298mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.2 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 187.6 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
ZUCCHINI CHIP CHOCOLATE CAKE
This moist, chocolatey cake makes good use of summer's bounty of zucchini. Serve it alone or with fresh berries. -Weda Mosellie, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine milk and buttermilk. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MOIST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Mix next 6 ingredients in another bowl.
- Spread in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch-square cake pan. Dust the pan with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Toss 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl. Whisk the remaining flour, the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, the eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and pale, about 3 minutes. Add the flour-cocoa mixture; beat on low speed until combined, about 2 minutes (the batter will be thick). Add the zucchini and beat until combined, about 2 more minutes. Fold in the flour-coated chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Combine the remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon olive oil and the honey in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high power in 30-second intervals, stirring, until the chocolate is melted. Spread over the cake, then cut into pieces.
More about "chocolate zucchini cake recipes"
THE BEST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE | MOM ON TIMEOUT
Ratings 17Calories 315 per servingCategory Dessert
- Grate the zucchinis and place on several layers of paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Use a towel and gently press the zucchini to release the moisture. You don't want it completely dry, just slightly less wet. I ended up with a couple of cups of grated zucchini but it honestly doesn't affect the recipe if you have more or less. I would say between 2 and 3 cups is perfect.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder together. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the mixture, set aside.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE - MOIST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI …
4.9/5 (15)Category DessertCuisine ChocolateTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°(F). Cut out three 9-inch round segments of parchment paper to line your cake pans with. Spray each pan generously - sides and bottom - with nonstick baking spray, then place the parchment paper cut out in the bottom of the pans and spray again. It's important to make sure every bit of pan and paper are sprayed so your cakes don't get stuck. Set pans aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld electric beater, cream the softened butter on medium-speed until completely smooth; about 3 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully trim the raised top of each cake, making each one an even, level surface.
LOW CARB KETO CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE - MY …
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 265 per serving
- Using a cheese grater, shred your zucchini. Place the shredded zucchini in a cheese cloth or a strong clean kitchen towel and squeeze all of the water out.For reference, I started with 370g/13oz of zucchini and ended up with 290g/10oz of zucchini.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.6/5 (27)Occupation FounderCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
THE BEST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BUNDT CAKE
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or hand mixer) combine oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine and then stir in sour cream just until blended.
- Add zucchini until just combined. Add all but about 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips to the remaining tablespoon of dry ingredients and toss to coat them and then stir them into the batter.
SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE | THE DOMESTIC …
Reviews 2Total Time 55 minsCategory Cakes/Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan with shortening and flour or cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt, whisking well to mix together. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla until blended and smooth. Add to the dry mixture and mix on low-speed until incorporated. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool completely.
- Invert the cooled cake onto a wire rack with parchment paper lined underneath of the rack. Add the chopped chocolate bar to a small bowl. Heat the heavy whipping cream in the microwave for 30 seconds or until hot to the touch. Pour the heavy cream over the chopped chocolate and let set for 5 minutes. Whisk together until the ganache becomes smooth and cohesive.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (96)Category Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease two 9×2 inch cake pans. (Make sure they’re at least 2 inches high, deep dish style.) Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder (if using), and salt together in a large bowl. In another large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and zucchini together until combined. Pour into dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until completely combined. Beat in the chocolate chips. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Pour batter evenly into cake pans. Bake for around 25-32 minutes or until the cakes are baked through. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is done. Allow cakes to cool completely in the pans set on a wire rack. The cakes must be completely cool before frosting and assembling.
- First, using a large serrated knife, slice a thin layer off the tops of the cakes to create a flat surface. Discard (or crumble over ice cream!). Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand or serving plate. Evenly cover the top with frosting. Top with 2nd layer and spread the remaining frosting all over the top and sides. Pipe any leftover frosting on top. (I used Ateco #30 tip.) Decorate with chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips if desired. Slice and serve.
THE VERY BEST EASY CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE WITH …
Reviews 32Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 505 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar, and pinch of salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (154)Total Time 45 minsServings 1Calories 260 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan., In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until smooth., Beat in the eggs., Stir in the sour cream, buttermilk, or yogurt alternately with the flour., Add the cocoa and espresso powder, mixing until smooth., Fold in the zucchini and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan., Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top springs back lightly when touched, and it seems set., To ice the cake, slide the cake out of the oven, sprinkle it evenly with the 1 cup chocolate chips, and return it to the oven for 5 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean., Remove the cake from the oven, and use a cake spatula or rubber spatula to spread the chocolate chips into a smooth glaze.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE WITH CAKE MIX - THE CREEK …
4.3/5 (11)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
4.9/5 (23)Calories 485 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oil, melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until barley combined, it is ok if there is still some flour not mixed in. Gently squeeze out some of the moisture in the zucchini. You want the zucchini to still have some moisture, but not full of liquid. Add the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until just combined. Don't over mix.
CHOCOLATE-ZUCCHINI CAKE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Category Food, Desserts, CakesServings 12Total Time 3 hrs 20 mins
- Prepare the cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Beat sugar, butter, oil, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat until incorporated, about 15 seconds.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well on low speed after each addition. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
- Prepare the frosting: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; pour into a heatproof glass bowl. Chill 1 hour.
EASY CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE - HANDLE THE HEAT
4.9/5 (172)Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°Line a 8 by 8-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper then spray with nonstick cooking spray. If using a glass pan, heat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the sugar and milk with a fork until smooth and thick but pourable. Drizzle all over the cake. Let set before serving.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND …
Ratings 5Calories 574 per servingCategory Dessert
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 367 per serving
10 ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Sarra Sedghi
THE BEST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE - THE RECIPE REBEL
Reviews 2Servings 12Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 1 min
JUICY ZUCCHINI CAKE FROM THE TRAY ♥ RECIPE WITHOUT BUTTER
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE - ROGERS FOODS
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #cakes
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a Chocolate Zucchini cake at home?Directions 1 In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking... 2 Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes... More ...
How long to bake Chocolate Zucchini loaf cake?Add zucchini and chocolate chips; beat at low speed 1 minute or just until combined. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350° for 38 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
What's the best temperature to bake a zucchini cake?The main distinction of chocolate zucchini cake is its moistness. The zucchini absorbs the cocoa while delivering the full flavor of chocolate, but without the heaviness of some other chocolate cakes. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Can You Frost a zucchini cake with cream cheese icing?You can frost it with chocolate frosting or cream cheese icing. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well.