Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned around the edges, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well coated, about 3 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and paprika. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook 12 minutes. Add the chard; cover and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are tender and the chard is wilted, 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls; top with parsley, drizzle with olive oil and serve with bread.
SAUTéED COD WITH POTATOES IN CHORIZO-MUSSEL BROTH
This recipe came to The Times in 2002 from the French chef Eric Ripert, whose cooking at Le Bernardin carries flavors reminiscent of his culinary training near the Spanish border. Quickly sautéed cod is placed on a bed of potatoes with a savory, supple broth ladled over. It takes not too much time, and it is delicious.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush unpeeled garlic with a teaspoon of olive oil, wrap in foil, bake 40 minutes. Meanwhile, place potatoes in pot of salted water to cover, bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 3-quart saucepan. Add sliced shallots and sliced garlic, cook over low heat until soft but not colored, add wine, bring to a simmer and add mussels. Cover and cook until mussels open, about 3 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve, and reserve cooking liquid. Shuck mussels and reserve, covered. Clean pan.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in mussel pan. Add minced shallots and minced garlic. Sauté until soft. Add chorizo, and sauté until starting to brown. Add clam juice and mussel cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer, add 1 branch each thyme and rosemary, remove from heat, add shucked mussels, and set aside, covered.
- When roasted garlic is done, remove it from foil, and peel cloves. When potatoes are done, drain them, and return them to cooking pot. Mash with a fork, adding roasted garlic cloves, butter, and 4 tablespoons olive oil. Place over low heat, fold in 4 tablespoons parsley, add 2 teaspoons lemon juice and season to taste with salt. Set aside over very low heat.
- Pat fish dry, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. In heavy skillet large enough to hold fish without crowding, add remaining oil. Place over high heat. When oil is hot, sauté fish, turning once, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Reheat chorizo-mussel broth over low heat, and add remaining lemon juice. Remove thyme and rosemary, and add remaining parsley.
- To serve, place a portion of potatoes in center of each of four shallow soup plates. Place a portion of fish on potatoes. Spoon broth, chorizo and mussels around potatoes, and garnish with thyme and rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 941, UnsaturatedFat 39 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 57 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 54 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1547 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
COD & CHORIZO STEW
Fancy a fish supper ready in under half an hour? Mix up your midweek meal with our satisfyingly spicy chorizo and cod stew
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the chorizo and cook for another few mins to release the oil. Coat the onion in the chorizo oil, then tip in the tomatoes. Fill the can with water and tip that in too. Season and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, season the cod fillets and nestle into the pan. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 7 mins. Gently mix in the butter beans and cook for 1-2 mins more until hot. Scatter with parsley and serve in bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
- Preheat a soup pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the sliced chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for 3 minutes. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken stock, and roasted red peppers, bring up to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. You want the soup to be at a gentle simmer before you add the fish so, if necessary, turn the heat down a little. Add the cod. Gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Finish the soup with the parsley, taste for seasoning, and serve.
- Preheat a soup pot over med-high heat with the oil.
- Add in the sliced chorizo; cook/stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes; continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the onions, carrots, and garlic; season with salt and pepper, and cook/stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add in the white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, and red peppers; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- You want the soup to be at a gently simmer before you add the fish so, if necessary, turn the heat down a little.
- Add in the cod; gently simmer 3-4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Finish the soup with the parsley; taste for seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 787.3, Fat 33, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 130.2, Sodium 1166.3, Carbohydrate 55.9, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 10.9, Protein 55
SEARED COD WITH POTATO AND CHORIZO FOIL PACK DINNER
Make this your night one camp-out dinner, when the fish is freshest.
Provided by Chris Morocco
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pumpkin seed-lime butter:
- Mix pumpkin seeds, chives, lime zest, and lime juice into butter in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper and roll into a log, or scrape into an airtight container; cover and chill.
- Do Ahead
- Butter can be made 3 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- Prepare campfire for medium-high heat. Lay out four 12" squares of heavy foil. Divide potatoes and chorizo among squares; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold edges up and over to create packets; pinch edges closed. Cook on grill until potatoes are tender, 25-35 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on camp stove over medium-high. Season cod with salt and pepper and cook until underside begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Turn; cook just until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Top with pumpkin seed butter. Open packets and top vegetables with cod; spoon any butter left in pan over.
- Editor's note: As a part of our archive repair project, this recipe has been updated to remove an outdated and offensive term for foil pack.
COD AND CHORIZO STEW WITH GRILLED GARLIC BREAD
- Heat the 1/4 cup olive oil in a large saute pan or deep skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly rendered, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes by hand and add them to the pan along with their juices. Stir in the chipotle and paprika, then stir in the chickpeas and roasted red peppers; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then nestle the cod in the stew. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the cod is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Brush the bread with olive oil and grill, flipping once, until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Rub the grilled bread with the whole garlic clove and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the stew and bread with the parsley and serve right away.
COD STEW WITH TOMATOES, KALE AND CHORIZO
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the kale, potatoes, tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring twice. Uncover, raise the heat slightly and cook for 20 minutes longer. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Place the cod over the liquid, cover and simmer until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using a wide spatula, carefully transfer the fillets to shallow soup bowls. Spoon the stew over the cod and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 679, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 89 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 1570 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams
More about "chorizo cod potato stew recipes"
PAN SEARED COD WITH POTATOES & CHORIZO | LOVE POTATOES
COD AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SEARED COD WITH POTATO AND CHORIZO HOBO PACKS …
COD STEW WITH CHORIZO, LEEKS & POTATOES - RECIPE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BEST CHORIZO AND POTATO HASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
COD, CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW - WAITROSE
3/5 (19)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 370 per serving
CHORIZO, CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO STEW - EASY PEASY FOODIE
COD, CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
COD & CHORIZO STEW | MAMA LOTTIES | GIBRALTAR'S RECIPE WEBSITE
PORTUGUESE COD WITH POTATOES AND CHORIZO - SITKA SALMON SHARES
COD & CHORIZO STEW | CANADIAN LIVING
COD & CHORIZO STEW - COOKLYBOOKLY
CLASSIC SPANISH CHORIZO & POTATO STEW | PATATAS A LA RIOJANA
SPANISH COD AND POTATO STEW RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
COD CHORIZO & POTATO STEW - BIGOVEN
EASY CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW RECIPE FOR WINTER - NOMAGEDDON
CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW, OR CALDO VERDE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
COD AND CHORIZO STEW. SIMPLE. STUNNING. - IZABELLANATRINS.COM
COD AND CHORIZO STEW | FEASTY
COD AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
COD STEW WITH CHORIZO, LEEKS & POTATOES - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
COD AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - BBC FOOD
COD STEW WITH CHORIZO, LEEKS, & POTATOES - HOOKEDONFISH
CHORIZO-COD-POTATO STEW RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FISH FOR DINNER: COD STEW WITH CHORIZO, LEEKS AND POTATOES
COD AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
COD AND POTATO STEW - SPANISH SABORES
COD, CHORIZO & SHERRY STEW RECIPE | THE WINE SOCIETY
SPANISH CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW - THE MASTIFF'S KITCHEN
CHORIZO SWEET POTATO STEW WITH KALE - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
CHORIZO POTATO STEW - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
SPANISH COD STEW WITH CHORIZO - FEEDING THE FAMISHED
CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW - EL MEJOR NIDO
PORTUGUESE COD WITH POTATOES AND CHORIZO - CHEZ US
SPANISH CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
SPANISH CHORIZO AND POTATO STEW - RECIPES WITH OLIVE OIL
You'll also love