STEAMED COD WITH GINGER AND SCALLIONS
- In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with coarse salt and ground pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut green parts of 6 scallions into 3-inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook (covered) until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 g, Fat 1 g, Protein 37 g
BAKED FISH IN SOY GINGER SAUCE
Simple . . . flavorful . . . quick . . . low-cal. I advise the use of both LOW SODIUM chicken bouillon cubes as well as LOW SODIUM soy sauce when possible so that you can adjust the salt level to your own preference.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Place fish fillets in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in one cup boiling water, and set aside.
- Clean the scallions, and cut each in half (basically, separating white part from green); slice the green portions, then cut the white portion in matchstick-size pieces.
- Keep these apart, you will be using them separately.
- Slice the ginger into matchstick-size pieces.
- From the one cup bouillon, remove 1/4 cup and pour this over the fish; sprinkle the fillets with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper if using, then top with the green portion of the scallions.
- Place, covered, in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining bouillon with the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch and 2 TBS water; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick skillet.
- Add the scallion strips and the ginger and cook until golden (just a few minutes).
- Give the soy mixture a good stir, then add to the skillet.
- Heat to boiling, and boil stirring for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove fish from oven and onto serving plates.
- Serve sauce over the fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.5, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 115, Sodium 618.7, Carbohydrate 2.5, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.7, Protein 32.4
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM
- Make the teriyaki sauce: In a medium saucepan over high heat, add the soy sauce, mirin, water, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine and bring it to a boil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to form a slurry and add it to the boiling mixture. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- Season the codfish with salt and pepper, to taste. Dust the fillets lightly with flour, shaking off any excess. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a thin layer of oil. When the oil is hot, add the codfish and cook until it's browned on both sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the fish to a plate and keep warm. Cook the scallions in the same pan, adding more oil if necessary, until they are browned and have softened slightly.
- Heat another saucepan over medium-high heat, add a thin layer of oil, and cook the ginger and chile pepper until they are softened, about 2 minutes. Carefully pour in the white wine and cook until it has almost evaporated. Stir in the heavy cream and reduce it by half. Pour in a 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce. Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the mussels have opened, about 5 minutes.
- Put 2 scallions on each serving plate and arrange a piece of fish on top. Add a few mussels and spoon over some of the cream sauce. Drizzle each plate with extra teriyaki sauce and garnish with chervil leaves.
More about "codfish in ginger soy cream recipes"
ROCK COD IN GINGER SOY SAUCE MARINADE | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category Fish, Main CourseCuisine The WorldTotal Time 40 mins
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until well blended.
- Season the rock cod generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Pour most of the marinade over the fish, reserve a couple of tablespoons to drizzle over the cooked fish. Marinate from 30 to 1 hour.
GINGER SOY STEAMED FISH RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
- Place the fish on a platter, preferably for serving the fish once cooked. Place the ginger and leeks on top of the fish. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the fish.
- Place fish in the steamer and steam the fish for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how large the fish is. Remove from the steamer and garnish with additional green leeks. Serve while hot.
CHINESE GINGER-SOY STEAMED FISH RECIPE
3.7/5 (92)Total Time 30 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 388 per serving
GINGER & GARLIC GRILLED FISH RECIPE | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
10 BEST COD SOY SAUCE GINGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER SOY FISH (EASY HALIBUT RECIPES!!) - RASA MALAYSIA
Reviews 146Calories 348 per servingCategory Chinese Recipes
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl. Stir to mix well and make sure that the sugar melts.
STEAMED GINGER GARLIC COD IN PARCHMENT WITH SPINACH RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Category DinnerAuthor BluebugTotal Time 25 mins
- Set aside while preparing sauce. In a medium bowl, combine ginger, garlic, honey, vinegar and soy sauce till well blended.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large sheet pan, prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper each 12 inches long.
- Place 1 piece of fish in center of parchment paper, add 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the spinach.
BAKED COD IN A GINGER AND LEMON SAUCE | STEPHS AUTO IMMUNE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FOIL STEAMED SPICY GINGER SOY COD & BOK CHOY | RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4Total Time 25 mins
COD WITH SOY-CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND POTATOES RECIPE | BON ...
4.5/5 (36)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 2
CREAMED CODFISH-FROM SALTED COD - BONITA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Servings 4
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM - FOODNETWORK.CO.UK
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM RECIPE
EASY COD FISH IN SOY SAUCE AND GINGER MARINADE ASIAN …
PAN SIMMERED PACIFIC BLACK COD / DOWNLOAD RECIPE ...
CREAM COD FISH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SEARCH FOR RECIPES - FOODNETWORK.CO.UK
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM - MASTERCOOK
STEAMED SOY & GINGER FISH - MARION'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM RECIPE RECIPE
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM – RECIPES NETWORK
10 BEST CREAMED CODFISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
CODFISH IN GINGER SOY CREAM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make steamed Cod with ginger and scallions?For Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions: Everyday Food editor Sarah Carey shows you how to take 5 ingredients and make a healthy, Asian-inspired meal in just 20 minutes. Read the full recipe after the video. In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
How do you cook fish in soy sauce?Combine soy sauce, wine, sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Place the fish on a platter, preferably for serving the fish once cooked. Place the ginger and leeks on top of the fish. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the fish.
What to serve with ginger-soy steamed fish?Serve the fish with simple stir-fried green beans and white rice. Note: While there are multiple steps to this recipe, this ginger-soy steamed fish is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for cooking. Place a steaming rack in a wok or a deep pan and fill the pan with 2 inches of water.
How do you cook fish fillets with Ginger?Slice the ginger into matchstick-size pieces. From the one cup bouillon, remove 1/4 cup and pour this over the fish; sprinkle the fillets with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper if using, then top with the green portion of the scallions. Place, covered, in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.