VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
If you can't find fresh asparagus, broccoli works well in this recipe too. Cashew cream stands in for the dairy and makes a rich, delicious dish. From Chef Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat. Sprinkle the bottom with a pinch of sea salt and heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds, being careful not to let it smoke. This will creat a nonstick effect.
- Add the asparagus, celery, and onion and saute for 6-10 minutes, just until celery is soft. Add the stock and bay leaf, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, pour the soup into a blender. Cover the lid with a towel(the hot liquid may spout out of the blender), blend on high. Add the spinach to the last batch and continue blending until smooth. Pour the soup into a large bowl and stir to incorporate the spinach batch.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with baby greens(or use chives or beets) and drops of Cashew Cream. Enjoy!
VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
Delicious cream of asparagus soup. Perfect for yummy, light dinners.. I serve this soup with gluten-free croutons or toast and finely chopped parsley. You can also refrigerate the asparagus soup for 3 to 4 hours and serve it chilled, but I prefer it served warm.
Provided by Simone Maduro
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine coconut oil and onion in a large pot over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt, rosemary, thyme, and pepper; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add asparagus. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add cashews, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Bring to a low boil, cover, and simmer until asparagus is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice. Let stand until cooled slightly.
- Puree asparagus soup using an immersion blender until smooth. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.5 calories, Carbohydrate 24.5 g, Fat 36.1 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 26.2 g, Sodium 1295.9 mg, Sugar 9 g
COMFORT VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
My vegetarian husband had all 4 wisdom teeth out and was on liquids for several days. This was one of the recipes I threw together for him. The "dried herb mix" is a mix of dried herbs I keep handy in a spice grinder: rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, white pepper, sage, chives, marjoram, basil, oregano. Free free to use any of these you prefer to taste.
Provided by mlomeister
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In one pot on medium heat, add 3 cups of water & stir in bouillon until dissolved.
- Bring soup pot to a boil, add potatoes and reduce heat to low boil.
- In a skillet or saute pan on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic & onions.
- When onions are almost translucent, add the asparagus & herb mix and saute until just soft.
- Add the asparagus mixture to the soup pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup to desired consistency.
- If using a standalone blender, return pureed soup to pot and warm over low heat. If using an immersion blender in soup pot, feel free to skip this step.
- Gently stir in cream, if using.
- Add kosher salt to taste, or serve alongside soup in a salt cellar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263.2, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 19.8, Sodium 53, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 4.6, Protein 9
CREAM OF FRESH ASPARAGUS SOUP II
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup. Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup. Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1100.8 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
Creamy, sumptuous Cream of Asparagus Soup. With its velvety texture and out-of-this-world flavor, it's the perfect soup for spring.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash asparagus and cut the tips from 20 pieces, about 1 1/2 inches from the top. Boil the tips in two cups salted water (either in a small saucepan or in the microwave) for about two minutes until the tips just begin to get tender. Plunge tips in ice water to stop the cooking and set aside. These will be used for the garnish.
- Chop the remaining asparagus into half-inch pieces. Discard the woody ends.
- In a four-quart pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for about another minute.
- Add the asparagus pieces and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and simmer, covered, until the asparagus is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender. Use caution - it's hot! Return to the pot.
- Add the heavy cream and return to a simmer.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with 3-4 asparagus tips.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This delicious bowl of soup, despite being dairy-free, looks and feels pretty creamy. We have cauliflower to thank for that. The soup looks like a classic cream of asparagus, and your eyes will fool your palate to a certain extent. In addition to giving it a nice color, the bumpy superfood cauliflower provides a smoother texture to the soup than the less-starchy asparagus could achieve alone.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir chicken broth, cauliflower, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into garlic. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir 2 pounds asparagus into cauliflower mixture and increase heat to high. Cook until asparagus is tender but still bright green, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth; season with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with flower petals and diced asparagus tips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 744.1 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
More about "comfort vegan cream of asparagus soup recipes"
VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP - LOVING IT VEGAN
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Savory, SoupCalories 232 per serving
- Add the vegan butter, chopped onion, crushed garlic, dried thyme, dried basil, oregano and cayenne pepper to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the chopped asparagus and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and leave it to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is soft and cooked.
- Use an immersion blender (handheld blender) to blend the soup directly in the pot. If you don't have an immersion blender then transfer the soup to your blender jug in stages and then when it's all blended, return it to the pot.
- Add the coconut cream and stir it in and then add the lemon juice and stir it through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CREAMY VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 318 per serving
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | SUNNY ANDERSON | FOOD NETWORK
Author Sunny AndersonSteps 2Difficulty Easy
CREAMY NON-DAIRY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | THE NOSHER
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PEA SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS AND BASIL SOUP WITH COTTAGE CHEESE TOAST
CROCKPOT CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - KARA LYDON
VEGAN RECIPES WITH ASPARAGUS (HEALTHY) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
WHITE ASPARAGUS SOUP (VEGAN) | RECIPE | ELLE REPUBLIC
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - KITCHN
INSTANT POT ASPARAGUS SOUP (VEGAN - THAT GIRL COOKS HEALTHY
CHEF TAL RONNEN VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE
VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP - FEELGOODFOODIE
CREAMY WHOLE30 ASPARAGUS SOUP (AIP, PALEO, LOW CARB, VEGAN …
VEGAN SOUPS AND STEWS RECIPES | FORKS OVER KNIVES
VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH WHITE BEANS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
VEGETABLE SUMMER SOUP RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | VEGKITCHEN.COM
LIGHT CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP - RECIPE RUNNER
VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE — VEGANGELA
40 BEST VEGETARIAN SOUP RECIPES - AHEAD OF THYME
SIMPLE CROCKPOT CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - THE KITCHEN …
CREAMY ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
VEGAN CHEESY POTATO AND ASPARAGUS SOUP » I LOVE VEGAN
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS AND GRUYèRE CROûTES …
SIMPLE VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP (PALEO + WHOLE30)
CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP - RICARDO CUISINE
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
VEGAN CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | COOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you add sour cream to asparagus?Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk. Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup. Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup. Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil.
What are some easy vegan recipes to make with asparagus?Start off by adding some vegan butter to a pot along with chopped onion, crushed garlic, dried thyme, dried basil, oregano and a little cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened. Then add in chopped asparagus and some vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
How do you make soup with asparagus?Transfer soup to blender (that is safe for blending hot liquids – it should have a lid that allows steam to escape) along with asparagus (reserve some for garnish if desired). Blend soup until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to pot and bring to medium heat and simmer.
How to cook asparagus soup with Greek yogurt?When the soup is boiling, cover with a lid, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the asparagus is very tender. Remove from the heat and use an immersion stick or blender to blend the soup until it is smooth. Stir in the Greek yogurt and season with more salt and pepper. Serve the soup topped with Parmesan cheese.