APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE
When I first took this fruity dessert to my family's Thanksgiving dinner, it quickly became a tradition. We enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time! -Teri Roberts, Hilliard, Ohio
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine apples and cranberries; sprinkle with sugar. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over cranberry mixture. Top with pecans if desired. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm.
CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Make pastry:
- Blend together flour, butter, shortening, and salt in a bowl with your fingertips or a pastry blender (or pulse in a food processor) just until mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps. Drizzle 3 tablespoon ice water evenly over mixture and gently stir with a fork (or pulse) until incorporated.
- Squeeze a small handful: If dough doesn't hold together, add more ice water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, stirring until incorporated. Do not overwork dough or pastry will be tough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once or twice in a forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather all dough together (using a pastry scraper if you have one) and form into a 5-inch disk. If dough is sticky, dust lightly with additional flour. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Make crumble topping:
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Blend in butter with your fingertips until large clumps form, then stir in pecans. Chill until ready to use.
- Make fruit filling:
- Stir together apples, cranberries, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Assemble pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in lower third.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round, then fit into pie plate. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang, then fold overhang under and crimp decoratively. Transfer fruit filling to pie shell and dot with butter. Loosely cover with foil and bake until apples droop slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Sprinkle crumble topping over filling and bake, uncovered, until crumble is browned, filling is bubbling, and apples are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour more. Cool completely, 2 to 3 hours.
CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMB PIE
Add vibrant color to the table with Cranberry-Apple Crumb Pie. Baked in a pastry pie crust, Cranberry-Apple Crumb Pie is topped with a crumbly streusel.
Recipe From myfoodandfamily.com
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix 1-1/4 cups of the flour and the salt in small bowl; cut in 1/2 cup of the butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, stirring until mixture sticks together; shape into ball. Place on lightly floured surface; roll out to 10-inch circle. Place in 9-inch pie plate; flute edge.
- Mix pie filling and cranberries; spoon into crust. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, the sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in medium bowl. Cut in remaining 1/4 cup butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 25 to 35 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CRANBERRY APPLE PIE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a pie plate with pastry.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Combine apples and cranberry sauce in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the apple mixture. Mix thoroughly. Turn filling into the pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Crimp edges. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.
CRANBERRY CHEESE CRUMB PIE
My mind works overtime to plan treats that surprise the family. They give this cranberry pie a "wow" and invite friends over to share it. -Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll the crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Spread evenly into crust., In a small bowl, mix cranberry layer ingredients; spoon over cream cheese mixture. For topping, in another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over cranberry layer., Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
People also searched
More recipes about "cranberry apple crumble pie"
FRENCH CRANBERRY-APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
2019-12-04 · Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. 2 In large bowl, gently mix apples and cranberries.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, gently mix apples and cranberries. In small bowl, mix remaining filling ingredients. Add dry ingredients to fruit; toss to coat. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter and pecans. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender, and crust and topping are golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. If desired, serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
CRANBERRY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
2015-11-23 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 3 Make filling by combining apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - CHATELAINE
2014-09-04 · Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over apples. BAKE in lower third of oven, covered with foil, 20 min. Remove foil and continue baking until golden, 40 to 50 more min. Transfer pie …
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMB PIE - THE WASHINGTON POST
2019-10-04 · Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until …
THANKSGIVING APPLE CRANBERRY PIE WITH OAT CRUMBLE
2020-10-06 · For the pie, toss the apples and cranberries with the lemon juice and then stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a circle just less than 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick. Line the pie …
EASY CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
Using same bowl, stir together pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon filling over hot crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved oat topping evenly over filling. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room …
See details ››
EASY APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
2020-08-06 · Cranberries and Apples. In a sea of pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake, dare to be an Apple Cranberry Crumble.. This easy apple crumble is simultaneously traditional–with the classic flavors of apple and cinnamon–with just a twist of something different.. Cranberries baked right in with the apples add the perfect zing of juicy tartness. I love a good apple …
- In a large bowl, using a large spoon or rubber spatula, combine the melted butter, apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir until well mixed and fruit is covered with mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt, melted butter, and sugar, stirring with a spatula or fork to fluff the crumble mixture. Sprinkle over the filling, covering as much as possible.
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMB PIE | ERREN'S KITCHEN
2017-12-08 · After slicing the apples, coat in the fresh-squeezed orange juice. Mix in the cranberries and orange zest, followed by the melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Let the pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unroll pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Place into the plate without stretching it. Crimp the edges. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling and topping.
- After slicing the apples, coat in the fresh-squeezed orange juice. Mix in the cranberries and orange zest, followed by the melted butter. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and mix until it resembles large breadcrumbs (see photo in post).
THE SIMPLEST CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2005-10-31 · Return pie to oven--rotate pie so that the part that faced the back of the oven now faces the front (put a foil-lined baking sheet onto the rack below to catch any spills). Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the juices bubble thickly aroung the edge. Put pie …
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE PIE | TUTTI DOLCI
2016-11-17 · Apple cranberry crumble pie is a must-bake this season, with a flaky all-butter crust enveloping tender apples and cranberries. The secret to this pie is caramelizing the fruit first with a touch of brandy and maple syrup – this added step tempers the tartness of the cranberries, softens the apples, and adds dimension to the filling. With a buttery lid of oatmeal-brown sugar crumble …
- For the crust, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the food processor running, add 2 tablespoons ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds). Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
- Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12 to 13-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to a 9-inch pie pan (see note below); trim overhang to one inch and crimp edges. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes. Place a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Whisk together sugar, brown sugar, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet; add cranberries and apples and cook over medium-high heat until apples are slightly tender and cranberries begin to split. Add brandy and maple syrup, and cook 1 minute more. Add fruit to sugar mixture and toss together until combined.
MAPLE CRANBERRY APPLE PIE - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
2014-11-04 · Make Filling: Toss Macintosh apples, firm apples, cranberries, maple syrup, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Make Topping: Stir whole-wheat flour, oats, …
- Make crust: Pulse whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, maple sugar and salt in food processor. Add butter, and process until the butter is cut in and the mixture resembles coarse meal. Open lid, drizzle on oil and pulse to combine. Open lid and drizzle on 3 tablespoons ice water. Process until the mixture just comes together. If the mixture seems dry or does not come together as a ball, try squeezing a handful of the crumbs together. If it still won’t come together, add up to 2 more tablespoons water. Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Arrange oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll dough out to a circle, about 14-inches across. Transfer to a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and crimp edges. Chill crust while you prepare filling.
- Make Filling: Toss Macintosh apples, firm apples, cranberries, maple syrup, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Make Topping: Stir whole-wheat flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Drizzle butter over the oat mixture, tossing with a fork. Sit until the crumbs are evenly moist. Add almonds and stir to completely combine.
CRANBERRY APPLE CRUMBLE - CPA: CERTIFIED PASTRY AFICIONADO
2016-11-22 · Add flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest to a large bowl. Stir or whisk so the mixture is combined. Add apples and cranberries. Toss with a large spoon so that they are evenly …
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish (or equivalent capacity) with butter or cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest to a large bowl. Stir or whisk so the mixture is combined. Add apples and cranberries. Toss with a large spoon so that they are evenly coated in the mixture. Place into greased baking dish.
DEEP DISH APPLE CRANBERRY PIE WITH OATMEAL PECAN CRUMB ...
2018-11-09 · Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with the rack in the lower third. Peel, core and slice the apples. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, brown sugar, maple syrup, flour, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Place the filling inside the prepared pie …
- Prepare the All Butter Pie Crust: Perfect Pie Crust according to recipe instructions. Because this pie is a deep dish, not a regular pie, you are going to need 2/3 to 3/4 of the dough for the crust for this recipe.
- You can freeze the extra for another use, such as making individual pot pies or something else small that doesn't need an entire pie crust.
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE PIE (GLUTEN-FREE OR NOT) • ONE ...
2020-11-09 · Combine sliced apples, cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and cornstarch. Stir until apples are well coated and no dry spots remain. Pour apple cranberry …
- Make the pie filling in a large bowl. Combine sliced apples, cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and cornstarch. Stir until apples are well coated and no dry spots remain.
MAPLE APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE - TODAY'S PARENT
2012-03-01 · Add the melted butter and 2 tbsp of the maple syrup and mix until moist and crumbly. Put aside while you prepare the fruit. In a large bowl, toss apples and cranberries with 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp brown sugar, remaining maple syrup and lemon juice. Pour fruit into a baking dish measuring 11 x 8 x 2 in. Cover evenly with crumble topping.
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE PIE | FOODLAND ONTARIO
2013-07-25 · Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie. As autumn approaches, we long for heartier desserts. This pie can be made ahead and frozen unbaked or baked and frozen. Simply thaw and reheat before serving. Recipe Tags: Dessert; Preparation Time: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes. Servings: 8. Share this recipe: Facebook Twitter Pinterest Print. Ingredients. Pastry: 1 9-inch (23 cm) frozen deep …
CRANBERRY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - THE GOLD LINING GIRL
2018-12-03 · Arrange pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, and crimp or scallop the edges. In a large bowl, stir together granulated sugar, flour, apple pie spice, and nutmeg. Add the melted butter and almond extract, stirring to combine. Add the apples and cranberries, stirring gently to coat. Arrange the apple and cranberry mixture into the pie shell.
CRANBERRY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - WHISKING WOLF
2020-10-29 · Kickstart the holidays with this Cranberry Apple Crumble Pie recipe. Spiced apples and tart cranberries mingle with an oat streusel and flaky buttermilk crust for a sweet slice of heaven. Serve it for breakfast or your Thanksgiving buffet, just be sure it's served with a melty scoop of ice cream.
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE PIE | METRO
2014-09-30 · In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries until mixed. Stir in sugar mixture and coat fruit well. Spoon into pie shell. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over top.
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMB PIE | RECIPE IN 2021 | APPLE RECIPES ...
Jan 12, 2021 - This recipe for Apple Cranberry Crumb Pie puts a twist on a classic pie. Spiced flavors & crunchy cinnamon topping makes it a special dessert
See details ››
APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - TFRECIPES.COM
CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE. Recipe From epicurious.com. Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez. Categories Food Processor Bake Thanksgiving Cranberry Apple Fall Cinnamon Butter Gourmet. Yield Makes 8 servings. Number Of Ingredients: 23. Ingredients; For pastry dough: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour: 3/4 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces : 2 tablespoons cold vegetable ...
See details ››
CRANBERRY-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
2016-11-15 · Cranberry-Apple Crumble Pie Makes one 9 or 10-inch piePrep Time for the dough: 10 minutes, plus chilling time and rolling out time; Prep Time for the Filling and Crumble: 20 minutes; Bake Time: About 1 hour and 30 minutes Ingredients. For the Crust: 1 tablespoon sugar; 1 teaspoon salt; 1/3 cup cold water; 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour; 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into ...
See details ››