This recipe was given to me years ago by my Aunt Lena, who lived on Cape Cod where cranberries are grown. The combination of warm tart cranberries and a smooth sweet brown sugar sauce is the perfect ending to any holiday meal!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly; serve over warm pudding. Refrigerate leftover sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 224mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CRANBERRY-MAPLE PUDDING CAKE
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Combine first 4 ingredients and pinch of salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk egg and sugar in another medium bowl. Whisk milk, melted butter, and vanilla into egg mixture. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; whisk to blend. Pour warm cranberry mixture into 11x7x2-inch or 8x8x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour batter over.
- Bake cake until golden and cranberry mixture bubbles at edges, about 28 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Serve cake warm topped with crème fraîche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart metal pudding mold or a clean 1-pound coffee can. Pick over whole cranberries; wash and drain.
- Sift together the flour and salt; dredge cranberries in flour mixture.
- Dissolve soda into boiling water and add molasses. Stir and allow to foam up.
- Add to the flour and cranberry mixture. Mix together until well blended. Spoon into prepared mold or pan; cover with a double layer of aluminum foil and fasten with heavy elastic band or string.
- Place into a deep saucepan and fill with water up to about the halfway mark on the pudding can. Cover saucepan and place over high heat. Bring water to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together the sugar, butter and cream. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- When ready to serve the pudding, invert pan or open bottom of can and push through. Slice in 1/2-inch pieces. Pour sauce over individual slices of pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 256.3 mg, Sugar 30.1 g
STEAMED CRANBERRY PUDDING
- Generously butter a 7 1/2-cup steam pudding mold, set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, kirsch, and cinnamon stick. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cranberries break down and mixture thickens. Remove from heat, discard cinnamon stick, and cool.
- Evenly spread 1/2 cup of the cooled cranberry mixture onto the bottom of the pudding mold, set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the water bath: Fill a large pot (11-by-5 1/4-inches) one-third full with water. Place over a high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and keep at a simmer until pudding is ready to cook.
- Sift together in a medium bowl the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until completely blended. Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk in three additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and blending well after each addition. Add the dried cranberries and the remaining cranberry mixture to the batter and mix until well blended. Pour batter into pudding mold to within 1/2 inch of the top, cover tightly with the moldâ??s lid.
- Submerge a folded dish towel onto the bottom of the large water-bath pot or fit with a wire rack. Place the pudding mold into the water bath, resting on the towel, so that the water comes halfway up the sides of the mold. Cover the water bath and gently simmer the pudding for about 2 hours and 20 minutes or until set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pudding mold from the water bath and cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Unmold pudding onto a serving platter. Serve with kirsch-flavored whipped cream, if desired.
ULTIMATE CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 6 tablespoons butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the evaporated milk. Stir in the cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Hot Butter Sauce: In a saucepan, combine 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve slices of cake generously covered with hot butter sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 735.4 calories, Carbohydrate 107 g, Cholesterol 95.3 mg, Fat 32.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 517 mg, Sugar 72.2 g
BAKED CRANBERRY PUDDING
This is an old-fashioned pudding that's a cranberry lover's delight. Serve warm topped with whipped cream for an elegant look, or in bowls with rich cream poured over for a homey touch. -Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°., In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, cream, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and salt. Add chopped cranberries; toss to coat. Gradually add to sugar mixture, mixing well. (Batter will be stiff.), Add remaining cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes., Meanwhile, for topping, combine sugar and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently; cook until sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until berries pop, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm., When pudding tests done, place springform pan in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon cranberry mixture over top. Bake 10 minutes longer. , Cool pudding on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Cool at least 1 hour before serving., If made ahead, pudding can be warmed in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. If desired, top with orange zest and serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 143mg sodium, Carbohydrate 75g carbohydrate (57g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE:
- HEAT oven to 325°F Have ready 10 x 6 x 1 1/2 inch OR 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- COMBINE cranberries and water in saucepan and boil over high heat until the berries pop, about 5 minutes. Mix 1 cup sugar and cornstarch thoroughly and stir gradually into boiling mixture. Boil over high heat 1 minute. Stir in butter and nutmeg. Pour into baking dish.
- SIFT flour, baking powder and 1/2 cup sugar into a bowl. Add shortening and cut in finely. Add milk and mix well. Stir in dates, raisins and walnuts. Drop by large spoonfuls on top of cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- BAKE about 55 minutes or until topping is browned and cooked through. Serve warm with ice cream. Serves 6.
- Margo Oliver's Most Treasured Recipes.
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE
I loved this with low fat vanilla ice cream! I also think it is lower cal/fat than some other cranberry desserts -- and the cal count can probably be lowered with some minor changes. The original recipe calls for yellow cornmeal, but I used white cornmeal and vanilla - I used black walnut flavoring -- yummy! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 2008)
Provided by ellie_
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan combine first 4 ingredients (cranberries - orange peel) and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until cranberries pop. Reduce heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl whisk together egg and sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, melted butter and flavoring (see note above)into the egg/sugar mixture.
- Pour cranberry mixture into an 8x8" pan. Pour batter over cranberries.
- Bake cake for 30 minutes or until cake is golden and cranberries are bubbling at the edges.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Best served warm with ice cream, but I also liked it cold.
More about "cranberry pudding cake recipes"
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE WITH WARM BUTTER SAUCE - …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in cream and sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and sauce is hot throughout. To serve, cut the cake and place slices on serving plates. Pour warm sauce over each slice and serve.
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE WITH WARM BUTTER SAUCE - TASTE …
Reviews 1Category DessertServings 15Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until crumbly. Beat in the egg. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of the milk. Beat in half of the remaining flour, the remaining milk, then the remaining flour. Add the orange zest. Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the butter sauce, combine the butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until thick, 10-15 minutes, stirring very regularly.
CRANBERRY ORANGE PUDDING CAKE - WHAT THE FORKS FOR …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ORANGE-CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hrCalories 197 per serving
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs
CRANBERRY-MAPLE PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (5)Servings 6-8
APPLE CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
ULTIMATE CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | YUMMLY | …
CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY PUDDING WITH BUTTER SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
4.2/5 (31)Total Time 3 hrsCategory DessertCalories 332 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually mix in the dark molasses and warm water. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill the steamer with water and place the pan in the steamer and cover with the lid. (If you don’t have a steamer, take a large stock pot and place an item in the bottom to elevate the cake pan, like a trivet, cookie cutter, empty tuna can, or folded dish towel. Then place the pan on top and fill the pot with water about half-way up the side of the pan.)
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
Servings 9Calories 495 per servingEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
SAUCY CRANBERRY MAPLE PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 239 per servingTotal Time 38 mins
CARAMEL PEAR AND CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsServings 6-8Calories 179 per serving
11 CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE IDEAS | DELICIOUS DESSERTS ...
11 pins359 followers
31 CRANBERRY CAKE IDEAS | CRANBERRY RECIPES, CRANBERRY ...
STUFFED PUMPKIN WITH CRANBERRY-RAISIN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE ...
CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
STEAMED CRANBERRY PUDDING & ORANGE MARMALADE SAUCE RECIPE ...
ULTIMATE CRANBERRY PUDDING CAKE | RECIPE | PUDDING CAKE ...
CRANBERRY CREEK BAKING COMPANY
NANNY'S STEAMED CRANBERRY PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #cobblers-and-crisps #desserts #cakes #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make baked cranberry pudding?Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, cream, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and salt.
How to make cranberry sauce with cranberries?In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth.
How long do you cook a cranberry cake?Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Cut warm cake into squares; serve with cream sauce.
How to make cranberry pie with almonds?Pour half of the batter into a 2-pint round pie dish. Cover with the cranberries, then top with the remaining batter; don't worry if the cranberries are not covered completely. Sprinkle flaked almonds and turbinado sugar over and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is golden brown and set. Watch how to make this recipe.