CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON
This is my mother's recipe. Each year, she would make this for an auction. Her sauce usually sold for $12.00 an 8-ounce jar! Tastes best when it has had time to sit, for example, 2 weeks. The longer it sits, the stronger the flavours.
Provided by CULINARYJEN
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes Cranberry Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the cranberries, white sugar, and bourbon together in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.4 calories, Carbohydrate 70.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.7 mg, Sugar 67.7 g
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE
Provided by Barbara Price
Categories Condiment/Spread Sauce Bourbon Side Bake Christmas Thanksgiving Low Sodium Cranberry Chill Cinnamon Bon Appétit Minnesota
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine first 3 ingredients in 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake until cranberries are tender and sugar is dissolved, stirring once, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and stir in bourbon. Refrigerate cranberry sauce until well chilled. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.) Transfer to bowl and serve.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON AND VANILLA BEAN AND ORANGE
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the sugar and bourbon, stirring well, in a 1-quart saucepan. Add the cinnamon, ginger, orange zest and juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the liquid begins to reduce a little bit, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cranberries and vanilla bean and continue to simmer until the cranberries are soft and breaking apart and the sauce begins to thicken, 12 to 15 minutes.
- If desired, mash your cranberries with a sturdy whisk or potato masher, just to break up the cranberries, and simmer to thicken a little bit more, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard the cinnamon sticks, ginger pieces and vanilla bean. Allow the sauce to cool. Serve the sauce warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 10 days -- the flavors only get better as they chill out in the fridge.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON AND ORANGE
Michael Symon's family often breaks into a heated debate during Thanksgiving - but only because they can't agree on whether cranberry sauce should be canned or homemade. Most of his relatives are OK with canned, but not Michael, which is why he came up with this flavorful sauce. "This is my attempt to sway my family with the magic of bourbon," he says.
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the sugar and bourbon in a 1-quart saucepan, stirring well. Add the cinnamon sticks, ginger and orange zest and juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the liquid begins to reduce a bit, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and vanilla bean and seeds to the pan and continue to simmer until the cranberries are soft and breaking apart and the sauce begins to thicken, 12 to 15 minutes. If desired, mash your cranberries with a sturdy whisk or potato masher, just to break them up, and simmer to thicken a little bit more, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard the cinnamon sticks, ginger pieces and vanilla bean. Let the sauce cool. Serve warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 10 days - the flavors only get better as they chill out in the fridge.
CRANBERRY BOURBON SAUCE
Different and yummy! Just in time for the holidays. Featured in the Winter 1988 issue of Domain Magazine
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In small saucepan combine bourbon, shallots, and orange zest. Use SHALLOTS - small bulbs that look similar to a small yellow onion NOT scallions.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, and simmer until syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat, stir in pepper, and let cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591.9, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 6, Carbohydrate 96.4, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 82.5, Protein 1.5
This recipe is adapted from a restaurant in the South. The unusual flavors of this dish are addictive! The cranberries burst when heated and the juice combines with the sugar and bourbon to make a great sauce.
Provided by Maureenie
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cranberries, zest from the orange, orange peel, cut up orange pieces, cinnamon, and sugar into a 2 inch deep casserole dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Stir mixture and check for sweetness. If too tart, may add up to one half cup more of sugar.
- Add bourbon.
- Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and heat on top of the stove, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove peel and refrigerate until cold before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.8, Fat 0.1, Sodium 1.1, Carbohydrate 28.1, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 24.1, Protein 0.4
More about "cranberry sauce with bourbon recipes"
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON - COOKS WITH …
4.3/5 (3)Category CondimentCuisine CanadianCalories 75 per serving
- Add all the ingredients except 1 tbsp of the bourbon to a small or medium sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly. Add a little more bourbon, a teaspoon at a time, until you get the flavor that you like. This is optional too, you could just leave it the way it is.
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (21)Servings 3
BOURBON BARREL SMOKED CRANBERRY SAUCE - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CROCKPOT CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON - A FOODIE STAYS FIT
BOURBON-MINT CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CRANBERRY BOURBON BBQ SAUCE L PANNING THE GLOBE
ORANGE BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE | GIMME SOME OVEN
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON RECIPE
CRANBERRY BOURBON SAUCE - ANITA'S TABLE TALK
BOURBON ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | SUGAR & SOUL
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - COOKAHOLIC WIFE
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BOURBON, BROWN SUGAR AND ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE
CRANBERRY-BOURBON RELISH RECIPE - MICHAEL MCLAUGHLIN | FOOD
CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE WITH BOURBON - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON AND VANILLA BEAN AND ORANGE : …
HOLIDAY CRANBERRY BOURBON COCKTAIL RECIPE – REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE WASHINGTON POST
BOURBON GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
CRANBERRY SAUCE BOURBON COCKTAIL - THE ROASTED ROOT
BOURBON ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE RUNNER
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND BOURBON
ORANGE BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE | FEAST + WEST
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - SUPPER IN THE SUBURBS
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE - SOUTHERN CRAVINGS
CRANBERRY SAUCE: HERBED AND SPIKED FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER
10 BEST BOURBON AND CRANBERRY DRINKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON - CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES
CRANBERRY AND BOURBON COCKTAIL - THE TRAVELING SPICE
CINNAMON BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - KALEJUNKIE
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BOURBON AND ORANGE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
CRANBERRY BOURBON RELISH RECIPE
HONEY BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
BOURBON-CRANBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
VANILLA BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE - FAR FROM NORMAL
HAM WITH CRANBERRY AND BOURBON GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOMEMADE MAPLE BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | ONLY 20 …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love