BACON AND POTATO SOUP
- Cook bacon until crisp in 3-quart saucepan, remove and drain well on paper towels. Discard bacon grease and wipe pan thoroughly with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Add olive oil to saucepan and add onion, carrot, and celery as they are cut up. Saute until onion is soft but not brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, heating just until melted--do not boil. Chop bacon and add to soup. Adjust seasoning to taste by adding salt, if desired. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 35.7 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 812.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
CREAMY POTATO BACON SOUP
After playing around with several recipes, I arrived at this. It leaves a bit of room for flexibility, while being satisfying, hot and hearty on a cold winter day. THIS is comfort food!
Provided by Terrie Hoelscher
Categories Cream Soups
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes into approx. 1/2" cubes. Place in a medium sized pot, with just enough water to cover, and let them simmer while preparing the soup base.
- 2. In a heavy, large pot, melt the butter and saute' the onion for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly and golden. Don't let the butter burn!
- 3. Sprinkle the flour all over the sizzling onions, and stir well. This will be your roux; cook for about 2 minutes on med-low, stirring constantly, until the flour is golden brown. Don't let it burn or stick!
- 4. When the roux is ready, season with garlic powder and s&p. Pour in the chicken stock, stirring constantly with a small whisk to get rid of lumps. Stir well, and allow to cook for a minute or two, to 'thicken' a bit. Add the milk to the soup base and blend well.
- 5. Add the shredded carrot and blend. Add the can of "cream of ...." soup - I use either cream of chicken, cream of celery, or cream of mushroom...whatever I have in my pantry!
- 6. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, cubed cream cheese, and bacon bits. Drain the potatoes well, and add them to the soup base.
- 7. Cook for another 15 - 20 minutes, until potatoes are completely done, and all the cheddar cheese and cream cheese cubes have melted.
- 8. Using a hand potato masher, make a few stabs into the pot to break up some of the potatoes -- don't mash all of them, as you want chunky potatoes in the soup. The 'mashed' ones will thicken the soup nicely.
- 9. Serve, and garnish with a tiny pinch of shredded carrot, a pinch of bacon bits, and the diced scallions, including some of the green tops, for color.
VERY EASY POTATO BACON SOUP
Very easy and quick to make potato soup that won't disappoint! For a thicker broth, add potato flakes. For a more creamy broth, add more butter.
Provided by Michelle Anne
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, water, dill weed, salt, and pepper to onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and water is almost all evaporated, at least 30 minutes.
- Stir milk and bacon bits into potato mixture; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir parsley into soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392.8 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 55.1 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.8 g, Sodium 1101.5 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
CREAMY POTATO SOUP WITH SOUR CREAM, BACON AND CHIVES RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by jads8627
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Remove bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, break into small pieces and set aside. Drain from the pot all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add onion and increase heat to medium. Cook until golden, about 12 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 more minute. Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. With an immersion blender, purée soup until chunky-smooth (or purée in batches in a food processor fitted with knife blade). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot, in bowls, topped with bacon bits, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chives.
THICK AND CREAMY BACON POTATO SOUP
- Cook bacon using preferred method until crisp. (I bake thick cut bacon on a cooling rack over a sheet pan so that it remains flat). Allow to cool and chop or crumble into small pieces. Reserve several tablespoons of drippings. (add more bacon drippings if onions look dry. This will depend on the size of your pot and particular onion.) Place a large soup pot or heavy casserole over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. bacon drippings and cook onions, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes, stirring often. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes. When everything is sizzling nicely, add enough stock to just cover potatoes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Mash potatoes roughly with a potato masher. Scoop out about half of the remaining mixture and puree in a blender (in batches!) or food processor. (Or if you've got an immersion blender, go for it with that.) Make sure to leave a good bit of the potatoes chunky, for texture. Add butter and heavy cream. Stir to combine well. Taste for seasoning and add more stock if soup is too thick for your liking. When the consistency is right for you, stir in bacon and bring to just a bare simmer, stirring often. Serve hot. Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and some chives or green onions. Share and Enjoy!
People also searched
More about "creamy potato and bacon soup recipes"
THICK AND CREAMY POTATO BACON SOUP RECIPE
4.3/5 (11)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Cook bacon using preferred method until crisp. (I bake thick cut bacon on a cooling rack over a sheet pan so that it remains flat). Allow to cool and chop or crumble into small pieces. Reserve several tablespoons of drippings.
- Place a large soup pot or heavy casserole over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. bacon drippings and cook onions, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes, stirring often. (Add more bacon drippings if onion looks dry. This will depend on the size of your pot and particular onion.)
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes. When everything is sizzling nicely, add enough stock to just cover potatoes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Mash potatoes roughly with a potato masher. Scoop out about half of the remaining mixture and puree in a blender (in batches!) or food processor. (Or if you've got an immersion blender, go for it with that.) Make sure to leave a good bit of the potatoes chunky, for texture.
CREAMY POTATO BACON SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, SoupCalories 506 per serving
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water to create a slurry. Whisk into the simmering soup and simmer 1 minute. Stir in half of the bacon. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
10 BEST CREAM OF POTATO SOUP WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CREAMY POTATO SOUP WITH BACON AND CHEESE - SAVORY TOOTH
4.9/5 (31)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 549 per serving
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon to the pot and cook until crispy, 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into small pieces.
- Add onions to the pot with the bacon grease and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP (WITH BACON) | KYLEE COOKS
5/5 (10)Category SoupCuisine AmericanCalories 512 per serving See details »
CREAMY POTATO AND BACON SOUP - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
5/5 (1)Category SoupsServings 8Total Time 30 mins
- Combine the potatoes, garlic, onion, and chicken stock in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup in small batches using a blender or food processor. You can also use a potato masher to do this.
CHEESY POTATO SOUP WITH BACON | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (3)Category Food, Dish, SoupServings 8Total Time 55 mins
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, leaving 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
- Add potatoes, onion, butter, garlic, and white scallion pieces to Dutch oven, and cook over medium until onions are slightly softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add flour, salt, and pepper, and stir until all ingredients are coated. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in broth until combined. Bring mixture to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, lightly mash mixture, leaving some whole pieces of potato. Add white Cheddar and cream, stirring until cheese melts. Keep warm.
THE BEST CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE | EASY DINNER IDEAS
5/5 (3)Category 30 Minutes Or LessCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Add the bacon to a large dutch oven or stock pot and cook over medium-high heat until the bacon is crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towels and set aside, leaving the grease in the pot.
- Add the onion and shallot to pot and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, string to combine with the flour mixture. Add the evaporated milk, potatoes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
CREAMY POTATO AND BACON SOUP | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Servings 2Cuisine FusionTotal Time 1 hr
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the potatoes in the tray and roast them for the next 45 minutes.
THICK AND CREAMY POTATO SOUP • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 654 per serving
- Wash the potatoes and cut them up, leaving the skins on. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl of water to soak while you cook the bacon.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat cook the bacon until almost crispy. Drain off half the bacon grease.
- Add the potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
CREAMY POTATO SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3.5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsServings 6Calories 275 per serving
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, crumble.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp. fat and return pot to medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme and sauté until onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
CREAMY POTATO SOUP (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (15)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 485 per serving
- Cook bacon in a soup pot over medium heat until crispy and browned. Strain the bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate. Leave the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the onions and cook until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
THE ULTIMATE CREAMY POTATO SOUP - SUGAR SPUN RUN
Category SoupCalories 521 per serving
- Place bacon pieces in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat and cook until bacon is crisp and browned.
CREAMY POTATO SOUP WITH BACON - SIMPLE JOY
Ratings 12Calories 485 per servingCategory Soup
- Stir in the flour into the vegetable mixture. Then very slowly add the chicken stock. It works best to add a few tablespoons at a time, whisking throughout in between. This should take about two minutes at the most.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add in the potatoes. Turn down the heat to a simmer, stirring regularly, and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. About 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure the heat is very low. If it is too high, too much of the liquid will evaporate.
MILK.ORG | CREAMY SWEET POTATO & BACON SOUP
Calcium 60 mgFat 14 gCarbohydrates 24 gSodium 420 mg See details »
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY POTATO BACON SOUP LIKE TIM HORTONS ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
CREAMY POTATO AND BACON SOUP - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
CREAMY POTATO CHEDDAR AND BACON SOUP - DELISHABLY
See details »
10 BEST CABBAGE POTATO BACON SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CROCKPOT LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP
See details »
RECIPE: PERFECT CREAMY POTATO SOUP - WEB NETLIFYE
See details »
bacon 60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion south-west-pacific bisques-cream-soups main-dish soups-stews pork potatoes vegetables australian easy microwave beginner-cook dinner-party winter stove-top dietary one-dish-meal seasonal comfort-food inexpensive egg-free free-of-something meat taste-mood equipment presentation served-hot
You'll also love