CRUNCHY COLD BEAN SPROUT SALAD
Today my mom chose to make this recipe for my post-college meal, and the only thing I loved more than its taste was her thoughtfulness in selecting something that was fresh, healthy, nutritious, non-greasy... just the way I love my food! Thanks Mom! Note: This is from "Summer Cookery" by Sushma Shourie. Prep. time includes chilling time.
Provided by Anu_N
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 main dish servings, 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a salad bowl.
- Steam green beans (or blanch in boiling water) for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Combine the bean sprouts, green beans, panir (or tofu) strips and bell pepper strips and toss with the dressing in the salad bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.9, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 1525.6, Carbohydrate 21.5, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 13.1, Protein 10.8
DUA GIA (PICKLED BEAN SPROUT SALAD)
Delicately crunchy and bright tasting, this easy southern Vietnamese favorite is technically a pickle because the vegetables steep in brine. But it is eaten in large amounts like a salad, usually with intensely flavored fish or pork kho (dishes simmered in savory caramel sauce). The vegetables provide a refreshing contrast to the inky, deep flavors of kho but they're also terrific paired with dumplings or sandwiches. The bean sprouts and carrot are typically combined with flat Chinese chives. Since those kinds of chives can be hard to find, you can also use thin green scallion tops.
Provided by Andrea Nguyen
Categories salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- To make the brine, combine the sugar, salt, vinegar and 1 cup water in a large saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the heat and completely cool.
- At least 40 minutes and up to 2 hours before serving, add the bean sprouts, carrot and scallions to the brine. Use your fingers to toss the vegetables. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables 2 or 3 times to expose them evenly to the brine. At first, the vegetables won't be covered by the brine, but then they will shrink. They're ready when they're almost covered with brine and taste pleasantly tangy and are a mix of crunchy and soft. If needed, let them sit for 10 minutes longer.
- Drain the vegetables and pile them high on a plate. Serve at room temperature within 2 hours to enjoy them at their peak.
BEAN SPROUT SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bean sprouts and cook quickly for 30 seconds. Add the peppers and stir fry. Add the scallions and stir. Remove vegetables to a strainer to drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, sugar, salt and sesame oil. Add vegetables and toss tocoat. Refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.
CRUNCHY PICKLE SALAD
We tend to favor pickles that are bright with acid and low on sugar; anything labeled "half-sour" usually fits the bill. If using sweeter pickles, add a bit more vinegar and salt.
Provided by Andy Baraghani
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, whisk pickle brine, vinegar, mustard, honey, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Let sit to allow onion to soften slightly, at least 5 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
- Add walnuts, pickles, fennel, dill, and Parmesan to dressing and toss to coat. Transfer salad to a large shallow bowl or platter and drizzle with oil. Serve with toast to sop up the dressing if desired.
CRUNCHY PICKLED BEAN SPROUT SALAD
- To make the brine, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, salt, vinegar, and water and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Up to 2 hours in advance of serving, combine the bean sprouts, carrot, and scallions in a bowl. Pour the cooled brine over the vegetables and then use your fingers to toss the vegetables in the brine. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables 2 or 3 times to expose them evenly to the brine. At first, there won't be enough brine to cover the vegetables, but they will eventually shrink in volume. When the vegetables are ready for eating, the brine will almost cover them and they will have a pleasantly tangy flavor and lots of crunch. Taste to make sure they have sat long enough.
- Once you are satisfied with the flavor, drain the vegetables and pile them high on a plate. Serve them within 2 hours to enjoy them at their peak.
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD
- Rinse bean sprouts in cold water and discard any bad sprouts.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Plunge bean sprouts and cabbage into the pot and let boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, fish sauce, and garlic together in a bowl for dressing.
- Drain water from the pot and run cold water on the sprouts for 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze bean sprouts with your hands to remove excess water. Place sprouts and cabbage into a mixing bowl and add carrot, green onion, and dressing; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 693.8 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
PICKLED BEAN SALAD
- Drain the three cans of beans very well. Add to bowl with sliced onion. Mix together oil, vinegar and sugar. Add to beans and onions; stir.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 146.5, Carbohydrate 40.5, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 27.3, Protein 4.4
More about "crunchy pickled bean sprout salad recipes"
PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS (DUA GIA) - SCRUFF & STEPH
Cuisine VietnameseTotal Time 20 minsCategory CondimentCalories 58 per serving
- Place the pickling solution ingredients into a medium saucepan and heat on medium, uncovered. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved and the liquid has come to a gentle boil. Take off the heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Put the vegetables in a large bowl and use your hands to toss through.
BEAN SPROUT SALAD (FRESH & CRISPY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Appetizer, Dressing, Salad, Side DishCalories 121 per serving
PICKLED BEAN SALAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS KOREAN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS JAPANESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THIS SPICY CRUNCHY BEAN SPROUT SALAD IS A MUST TRY
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD - ELLIE LIKES COOKING
CRUNCHY BEANSPROUT SALAD | HEALTHY + PLANT-BASED + VEGAN RECIPES
RIDICULOUSLY EASY BEAN SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
CRUNCHY PICKLED BEAN SPROUT SALAD (DưA GIá) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
QUICK-PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS | RICARDO
EASY JAPANESE BEAN SPROUTS SALAD - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD …
10 BEST BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
DUA GIA- PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS - GIRL COOKS WORLD
EASY SPROUTS SALAD (SPROUTED MUNG BEAN SALAD) - PIPING POT CURRY
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD (SOOKJU NAMUL) - PICKLED PLUM
BEAN SPROUT SALAD もやしのナムル • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
CRUNCHY SPROUT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD (SOOKJU NAMUL) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST FRESH BEAN SPROUTS SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS (DUA GIA) - RUNAWAYRICE
CHINESE BEAN SPROUT SALAD COLD DISH 冷拌芽菜 | CHINESE RECIPES …
HEALTHY BEAN SPROUT SALAD - THE YUMMY BOWL
RECIPETHING - KOREAN PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD ホットもやし - JUST ONE COOKBOOK
PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CRUNCHY PICKLED SALAD - CUCUMBERS, CABBAGE, RADISH - TORI AVEY
CRISPY PICKLED BEAN SPROUTS RECIPE | BEAN SPROUT RECIPES, RECIPES ...
5 YUMMY WAYS TO USE SPROUTED BEANS - TRADITIONAL COOKING …
SPROUTS SALAD RECIPE, MOONG BEAN SPROUT SALAD- SHARMIS PASSIONS
CRUNCHY SPROUT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FROM SOUP WITH A PICKLE SALAD TO DEEP-FRIED SESAME-COATED BITES ...
SPROUTS MOONG BEAN SALAD- CRUNCHY SALAD MEDLEY - LUKE COUTINHO
CRUNCHY BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD - SARA HAAS, RDN, LDN
RAW VEGAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD - AMANDA NICOLE SMITH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make healthy bean sprout salad?Healthy Bean sprout salad has fresh crisp bean sprouts, cucumber, and red pepper, cashew nuts tossed in a zesty soy-sesame dressing. In a bowl add sprouts and pour boiled water all over them. Keep them in water for 1 minute and then immediately strain. They will decrease in size a bit and water will help them to remain fresh and crunchy.
How do you make pickled bean sprouts?To make pickled bean sprouts: Make up a pickling solution of water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Toss together some bean sprouts, carrot and garlic chives. Put the vegetables in a pickling jar, top with the pickling solution. Leave in the fridge for a day to pickle.
How do you make bean sprouts and cabbage salad?Place sprouts and cabbage into a mixing bowl and add carrot, green onion, and dressing; mix well. For a spicy kick, mix in some kimchi (hot pickled vegetables). I mix about 2:1 bean sprout salad with kimchi. Or serve it on the side.
What to do with sprouted beans?Toss a variety of sprouted beans together with your favorite dressing, nuts, and cheese. Other things to add: olives, diced sweet onions, and crushed garlic. Like a bean salad, only better! If you want to pass it off as a bean salad, use younger sprouted beans that are barely sporting a sprout. But older sprouts can be used in this salad as well.