CRISPY TURNIP 'FRIES'
My daughters and I are on a low-carb diet and were looking for something to curb our 'French fry' cravings. I've heard that turnips can be made into some great 'fries.' I experimented with it and came up with this. You can add whatever spices you'd like.
Provided by Sheila Dull
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- Peel the turnips, and cut into French fry-sized sticks, about 1/3 by 4 inches. Place into a large bowl, and toss with the vegetable oil to coat. Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy, and the inside is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 404.5 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
FRIED TURNIP PATTIES
- If you are using sliced onions, fry them until crisp in 1 tbsp oil, then coarsely grind them. Set onions aside.
- If using dehydrated onions, just set aside. DO NOT REHYDRATE!
- Place quartered turnips in a deep pot and cover with water. Boil them until soft.
- Remove the turnips from the water and, using a piece of muslin, squeeze out as much water as you can. Discard all of the liquid.
- Mash the turnips, adding the onions, salt, chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well to combine.
- Divide into 8 pieces and flatten into patty shape with wet hands and pat dry.
- Fry in ¼ c oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.2, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 2.6, Sodium 193.7, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 11.2, Protein 2.7
FRIED TURNIP PATTIES
My wife is doing the low-carb thing, so I created this recipe hoping to give her a potato-like side dish.
Provided by BrainPudding
Yield 4-6 patties
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Shred turnips and cheese, chop onions and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients, excluding butter and oil.
- Press 1/3 to 1/2 cup turnip mixture into patties.
- I used a plastic patty maker.
- Add butter and oil to frying pan.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When pan is nice and hot, gently place patty into pan and allow the bottom to thoroughly brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and allow the other side to brown.
- Turning them was slightly difficult as the cheese is now molten.
- Remove from pan to paper towel.
- Cool slightly and serve.
I always grow parsnips in my garden and discovered this quick and delicious way to enjoy them. My wife and I enjoy cooking and we always turn to the recipe first in Country.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a bowl, combine parsnips, egg, flour and salt. Drop batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Fry over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until vegetables are tender. Serve with honey.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place turnips into a bowl and generously drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to turn. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn and cook until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 305.3 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
More about "fried turnip patties recipes"
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side Dish, Quick And Easy, Potato, TurnipCalories 86 per serving
FRIED TURNIPS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
BAKED POTATO PATTIES - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
VEGAN TURNIP CAKES (LO BAK GO/蘿蔔糕) - OKONOMI KITCHEN
POTATO-TURNIP LATKES FRIED IN DUCK FAT - CHOWHOUND
PAN FRIED TURNIP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGGIE PATTIES - FOOD HERO
GETTING POTATO AND TURNIP PATTIES TO HOLD TOGETHER... HOW?
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES RECIPE / BISTRO STYLE POTATO PATTIES - MY ...
PAN-FRIED TURNIP CAKE (DAIKON MOCHI) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
CHINESE RECIPE : PAN-FRIED MEAT PATTIES (食譜 : 香煎肉餅)
PAN FRIED TURNIPS RECIPE - WILLOW HAVEN FARM
FRIED CHILI TURNIP PATTIES | PUGNACIOUS1AACNE
THE THREE BEST WAYS TO EAT TURNIPS–TURNIP PATTIES, …
PAN FRIED TURNIPS RECIPE WITH ONIONS AND SPINACH
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
SUPER EASY PAN-FRIED TURNIP WEDGES - LOW CARB & KETO!
TURNIP VEGGIE PATTY RECIPE | THE LEAF NUTRISYSTEM BLOG
TURNIP FRITTERS - FARM FRESH FEASTS
FRIED POTATOES WITH ONIONS AND TURNIPS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BEST PAN-FRIED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PATTIES RECIPE - HOW TO …
LOW-CARB FRIED 'POTATOES' (TURNIPS) ♥ RECIPE - A VEGGIE VENTURE
24 EASY AND TASTY FRIED TUNA PATTIES RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES — WELLBEING IN FOCUS
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES RECIPE / EASIEST WAY TO MAKE YUMMY …
AIR-FRYER TURNIP FRIES RECIPE - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
TURNIP FRIES RECIPE - PUREWOW
TURNIP PATTIES RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
SOUTHERN TURNIP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOUTHERN FRIED CORNBREAD PATTIES RECIPE - UNCLE JIM'S KITCHEN
TURNIP AND POTATO PATTIES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
FRIED TURNIP PATTIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #vegetables #dietary #high-calcium #low-carb #inexpensive #high-in-something #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook turnip patties in a pan?Mix ½ cup bread crumbs and ½ cup parmesan cheese add ½ tsp garlic salt. Coat both sides of the turnip patty in the mixed breading. Melt about 4 tbs butter in a skillet. Pan-fry the turnip patties for a few minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
Do fried potato and turnip patties hold together?So I just tried this recipe for fried potato and turnip patties and completely blew it. I followed the recipe pretty closely, but the patties didn't hold together at all. The outside burned and the inside remained uncooked. When I tried to flip them, they fell apart.
How to make healthy turnip Fries?This recipe for turnip fries ticks both those boxes. They’re healthier and just as tasty. 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with half of the olive oil. 2. Trim the ends from the turnips. Cut each in half widthwise. Cut in half again, and then cut each piece into 2 fat wedges (you’ll get about 8 wedges per turnip).
How do you cook a Turnip Potato Burger?Heat the pan on medium high heat until the surface of the oil begins to shimmer, but not smoke. Spoon 1/4-cup mounds of the turnip potato batter into the pan, flattening them into 1/2-inch thick patties with the back of a spatula. Fry the patties until they are golden, turning them once, about 4 minutes on each side.