- Cut HALF of the fat pork and all lean pork in small pieces; add onion.
- Cook over moderate heat until fat is flowing; then lower heat and cook 45 minutes.
- Add seasonings; mix.
- Grind coarsely.
- Stir the fresh pork blood gradually into the meat mixture.
- Finely dice remaining fat pork and add; mix.
- Stuff into casings and tie.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Serves 8 or more.
- Luchow's German Cookbook.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 978.9, Fat 94, SaturatedFat 34.2, Cholesterol 155.9, Sodium 528.1, Carbohydrate 3.5, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.7, Protein 28.4
The bacon for this recipe can be used in the Sauerkraut Mashed Potatoes recipe included in this German meal. And what a tasty use for bacon drippings! The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels (save for another use). Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, cook bratwurst for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Drain skillet. , In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside. Add the mustard, brown sugar, wine, vinegar and celery seed to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly., Gradually add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return bratwurst to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until glazed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 37g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 1046mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 14g protein.
SLOW-COOKER GERMAN BRATWURST
I created this Old World favorite from a dish I had during my travels. The flavorful entree is perfect for weeknights or special occasions. I like to serve this slow-cooker bratwurst with pasta. —Gerald Hetrick, Erie, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In batches, in a large nonstick skillet, brown bratwursts over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 7-qt. slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients., Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads at least 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Fat 35g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 1424mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
- Preheat oven to Broil/Grill.
- Pour tomato sauce into a large saucepan, then stir in the chili sauce, onion salt, sugar and pepper. Let simmer over medium heat, occasionally stirring; bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil/grill kielbasa sausage for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Slice into pieces 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over sausage, then sprinkle all with paprika and curry powder and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 74.9 mg, Fat 31.7 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 3018.7 mg, Sugar 18.4 g
More about "german blutwurst recipes"
GERMAN BLUTWURST (BLOOD SAUSAGE) RECIPE | TRAVEL FOOD ATLAS
Cuisine GermanCalories 910 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
BRATWURST RECIPE – GERMAN CULTURE
HOW AND WHY YOU SHOULD BE MAKING BLOOD SAUSAGE AT HOME
12 TYPES OF GERMAN SAUSAGES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BLOODWURST GERMAN MEAT - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
BLUTWURST RECIPES - PINTEREST
123 BRATWURST EASY GERMAN SAUSAGE MAKER HOW TO VIDEO
HOMEMADE GERMAN BRATWURST - THE DARING GOURMET
BLUTWURST | TRADITIONAL BLOOD SAUSAGE FROM GERMANY
BEYOND BRATWURST– BLUTWURST, GERMAN BLOOD SAUSAGE
GERMAN BLOOD SAUSAGE BLUTWURST - RECIPE #20326
GERMAN BLUTWURST - PLAIN.RECIPES
GERMAN BLUTWURST RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
GERMAN BLUTWURST | NATURALLY SAVVY
BLUTWURST - SCHALLER & WEBER
TRADITIONAL CURRYWURST AND CURRY KETCHUP RECIPE - THE DARING …
BLOOD SAUSAGES: THE BLOODY, SPICY DELICACY - I LIKE GERMANY
BLUTWURST IN BERLIN: BLOODY DELICIOUS - EXBERLINER
HOMEMADE GERMAN BRATWURST RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
BLUTWURST (BLOOD SAUSAGE) | SWISS MEAT & SAUSAGE CO.
BLUTWURST MIT GERSTENGRüTZE (BLOOD SAUSAGE WITH BARLEY)
HOW TO COOK BRATWURST GERMAN RECIPE - COOKING FROG
BLUTWURST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STIGLMEIER "BLUTWURST" BLOOD SAUSAGE, 1 LB. - GERMANFOODS.ORG
GERMAN BRATWURST RECIPES | RECIPELAND
BRATWURST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THüRINGER ROTWURST - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
BLUTWURST SAUSAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLUTWURSTGRöSTL (BLOOD SAUSAGE AND HOME-FRIES) | DW | 07.09.2010
GERMAN BOCKWURST SAUSAGE RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
GERMAN SAUSAGE GUIDE
HOW TO COOK GERMAN SAUSAGE ~ OMA'S GRILLED BRATWURST
A GUIDE TO GERMAN AND EASTERN EUROPEAN SAUSAGES - EPICURIOUS
GERMAN BLUTWURST | RECIPE CART
GEIERS BLUTWURST BLOOD SAUSAGE IN TIN 6.5 OZ. - GERMANFOODS.ORG
GERMAN BLOOD SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GERMAN BLUTWURST SAUSAGE FOR SALE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOT BLOODWURST (HEISSE BLUTWURST) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GEIERS "FARMERS" BRATWURST IN TIN 6.5 OZ. - THE TASTE OF GERMANY
HOMEMADE GERMAN BRATWURST - TASTE OF ARTISAN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Blutwurst (Schwarzwurst)?(Schwarzwurst, Rotwurst, Topfwurst, Blunzen, German Blood Sausage) Belonging to the category of cooked sausages, blutwurst is a famous German blood sausage with many regional varieties. It is predominantly made with pork and incorporates animal blood, fat, and meat, next to a wide variety of seasonings such as marjoram, allspice, and thyme.
What do Germans eat with Blutwurst?Germans usually eat their blutwurst as snacks and accompany it with some sauerkraut. Blutwurst or the Blood Sausages have many variants across the Germanic lands.
What is Blutwurst called in English?Across the German lands blutwurst or the blood sausages are also available under the names of: Schwarzwurst, Rotwurst, Topfwurst, and Blunzen. They are dark, sometimes almost black and made using fresh pigs blood, diced pork and pork fat, salt, pepper, and assorted seasonings.
What is the best way to cook German Bratwurst?The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels (save for another use). Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons drippings.