GINGER-RUM BUNDT CAKE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange a rack in the lower third. Brush a 12-cup Bundt pan thoroughly with melted butter, coat with flour, and tap out the excess. Sprinkle nuts in bottom of pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until evenly combined; set aside. Whisk together milk, ginger, and vanilla in a second small bowl until evenly combined.
- Combine butter and sugar in a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until mixture resembles wet sand and is light, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated and mixture is smooth. Scrape down mixer and sides of bowl. Reduce mixer to low, add 1/3 flour mixture and whisk until just moistened through. Whisk in 1/2 milk mixture and whisk until just moistened. Repeat until all ingredients are added, ending with flour. Transfer batter to prepared Bundt pan and smooth out so batter is even.
- Bake until cake is set, golden brown, and a cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Transfer to a rack, let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack, remove from pan, and let cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Strain and set aside to cool slightly.
- When cake is at room temperature, use a skewer to poke holes all over the top. Drizzle the syrup into the holes in the cake, small spoonful by spoonful, making sure it goes into the cake and doesn't flow down. Let sit at least 4 hours so the syrup can soak into the cake.
JAMAICAN RUM CAKE
Curtis special rum cake done to perfection, light and fluffy with that great J Wray & Nephew Rum taste to top it off.
Provided by curtiscakes2009
Yield Serves 16
Number Of Ingredients 10
- cream sugar and butter then add eggs
- mixed egg, sugar, butter together until light and fluffy
- add flour, cinamond, almond essence, baking powder, rum, colouring and mixed for 4 minutes.
- grease a "10 inch tin and pour the mixture
- bake for 1 hour, when finish pour some red label wine straight away over the cake while hot.
APRICOT GINGER POUND CAKE WITH RUM GLAZE (BUNDT)
I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to use with my bundt pans. I have not tried this one, but we like the taste of ginger so I hope it's good!
Provided by Kitchen__Princess
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature, set them out at least 2 hours before making the batter.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 325°F
- Thoroughly grease and flour a 10-cup fleur-de-lis cake pan or standard Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk until blended; set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder over the butter.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and sour cream mixture. Fit the bowl on the mixer and, using the paddle attachment, beat on low speed until the mixture is creamy and smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and, using a large spatula, gently fold the ginger and apricots into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading the batter so the sides are higher than the center.
- Bake until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool upright in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Tap the sides of the pan and invert the cake out onto the rack. Set the rack over a sheet of waxed paper.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the rum, water and sugar until blended.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush the surface of the warm cake with the glaze.
- Let the glazed cake cool completely, 1 to 2 hours, before serving.
- Serves 16.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.4, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 141.1, Sodium 159.2, Carbohydrate 69.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 48.2, Protein 6.1
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH RUM RAISIN SAUCE
This is a recipe adapted from a Marcia Adams cookbook..from Conners Prairie. The cake is soft, thick and finely textured and the rum raisin sauce is absolutely delightful..this recipe is from 1836
Provided by grandma2969
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Sift the flour with the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, baking powder and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and lard together; add the sugar and blend well, about 3 minutes longer. Add the beaten eggs and molasses and blend.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Do not overmix. Blend in the baking soda and hot water.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9" square pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
- While the cake bakes, combine 3 cups of water, raisins, sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Add the butter and stir until it melts.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and remaining 1/3 cup water.
- Add it to the bubbling sauce and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over squares of warm gingerbread.
- NOTE**Both gingerbread and sauce can be reheated in a microwave.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 614.8, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 75, Sodium 462.4, Carbohydrate 109.1, Fiber 2, Sugar 64.3, Protein 7.2
WINTER-SPICED MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES WITH RUM-GINGER ICE CREAM
- For ice cream:
- Place softened ice cream in medium bowl. Using plastic spatula, fold ginger and rum into ice cream. Transfer to airtight container. Freeze ice cream mixture until firm, about 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.)
- For cakes:
- Generously butter eight 3/4-cup soufflé dishes. Stir chocolate, butter, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and white pepper in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Whisk in 3 cups powdered sugar, then chocolate mixture, then flour. Transfer batter to prepared dishes, filling to top and dividing equally. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake cakes until batter has risen above dish, top edges are dark brown, and centers are still soft and runny, about 15 minutes, or about 18 minutes for refrigerated batter. Run small knife around cakes to loosen. Allow cakes to rest in dishes 5 minutes. Using hot pad and holding dish very firmly, place plate gently atop 1 cake and invert onto plate. Repeat with remaining cakes. Dust with powdered sugar. Top with crystallized ginger. Serve cakes with rum-ginger ice cream.
More about "ginger rum cake recipes"
GINGER RUM CAKE | THE SALTY POT
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DESSERTSCalories 480 per serving
- Begin a week before serving this cake. In a mason jar or container, mix the raisins with enough rum to cover them by about 1/2 inch or more. Leave a minimum of 4 - 5 days. The longer the better.
- In another bowl, combine the molasses, oil, candied ginger, minced ginger, 1/4 c rum, and beaten eggs.
RUM AND GINGER CAKE RECIPE: SIMPLE TO BAKE - ELIZABETH …
4.3/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 12Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Prepare a 9 inch round springform tin by lining with baking paper and preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted. Set aside to cool.
GINGER CAKE WITH RUM SAUCE | TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
OLD FASHIONED GINGERBREAD CAKE - CROSBY'S
RUBY’S ‘JAMAICAN ME CRAZY’ GINGER CAKE - THE GREAT …
PEAR AND GINGER CAKE WITH RUM DRIZZLE | RECIPES MADE …
10 RUM CAKE RECIPES THAT ARE SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST JAMAICAN RUM CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICED RUM, CARAMEL & GINGER LAYER CAKE - MINDFOOD
RUM AND GINGER CAKE - EASY TO MAKE WARMING SPICED …
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Baking
GINGER AND RUM CAKE WITH VANILLA-LIME GLAZE - FOOD NETWORK
JAMAICAN GINGER CAKE | A ZESTY RECIPE FOR A TASTY TREAT!
GINGER RUM CAKE – RECIPES NETWORK
GINGER-RUM BUNDT CAKE : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
RECIPE: STICKY APPLE, RUM AND GINGER CAKE : THE PICKLED GINGER
GLUTEN FREE GINGER CAKE - THE GLUTEN FREE BLOGGER
BEST FRUITCAKE RECIPE WITH RUM & GINGER | TASTING TABLE
DARK AND STORMY CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
GINGERBREAD LOAF CAKE WITH RUM GLAZE - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
GINGER-RUM CHOCOLATE GANACHE CAKE - CHATELAINE
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH BUTTER RUM TOFFEE SAUCE
RUM AND GINGER CAKE RECIPE WITH SALTED CARAMEL | OLIVEMAGAZINE
GINGER AND RUM CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES | GRANSNET
JAMAICAN GINGER CAKE - ELLAS BETTER BAKES
RECIPE: RUM AND GINGER TOFFEE CAKE - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
LEMON GINGER MOLASSES CAKE INA GARTEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
MARTHA COLLISON'S BUTTERED RUM GINGER CAKE - RECIPES
GINGER RUM CAKE RECIPE » IZONEONE
GINGER CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
KETO & GLUTEN-FREE GINGERBREAD AND WALNUT RUM CAKE
GINGER RHUBARB RUM CAKE | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
GINGER RUM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APRICOT-GINGER POUND CAKE WITH RUM GLAZE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
10 BEST VEGAN RUM CAKE RECIPES - YUMMLY
GINGER AND RUM TRAYBAKE RECIPE - GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE …
GLUTEN-FREE CARIBBEAN RUM CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
RUM CAKE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
GINGER MOLASSES RUM CAKE RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH RUM RAISIN SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GINGER CAKE LOAF WITH RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - HONESTCOOKING.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best recipe to make a ginger cake?Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until evenly combined; set aside. Whisk together milk, ginger, and vanilla in a second small bowl until evenly combined.
Should I use rum syrup when baking a ginger cake?Don’t be afraid of how runny the cake batter is, it turns into a beautifully springy cake. Also, don’t be tempted to peek and open the oven door whilst it’s baking or you’ll end up with a deflated cake. Finally, by all means skip the rum syrup if you want just a simple ginger cake.
How do you make ginger and gingerbread cookies?In bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, ground ginger and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, molasses, eggs, water and ginger-root. Stir in the flour mixture into the molasses mixture one third at a time. Stir in crystallized ginger. Pour into prepared pan.
What to do with rum tea cakes?The boozey rum syrup helps the cake last so it’s a great tea cake really. You can get away with just a sliver of a slice if you are still on a January healthy-eating fix, my Dad however, likes to warm it up in the microwave with a generous dollop of custard. If you fancy, you can totally add a simple icing to the top of the cake.