GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place lamb in a large shallow dish with marinade, and turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally. (Bring to room temperature before grilling.)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread several metal skewers through lamb in both directions to hold meat together during cooking.
- Grill lamb until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140 degrees for medium rare, 10 to 15 minutes per side. Let the meat rest, covered, about 10 minutes. Remove the skewers. Slice the meat thinly, against the grain where possible.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 35 g
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
This is an excellent way to cook lamb. Even friends of ours who've never before liked lamb love this. When feeding children who turn their noses up at lamb we call this steak and they gobble it up. We do eventually tell them they really do like lamb because they just ate it! LOL, love doing that! The measurements are all approximate, use more olive oil if you wish, or more parsley, even sub out oregano for the rosemary. Double the paste recipe if using a large leg. Delicious with wild mushroom risotto and a Greek salad.
Provided by Penny Stettinius
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make sure your lamb has been butterflied evenly so when it cooks evenly.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into blender or food processor.
- Blend into course goop while slowly adding olive oil until mixture forms a moderately wet paste, somewhat like pesto.
- Spread paste on lamb, cover and refrigerate. Take lamb out of refrigerator two hours prior to grilling.
- On a very hot grill sear lamb then cook covered at medium careful not to scorch.
- Cook until thermometer registers rare.
- Take off grill and cover with aluminum foil, letting the meat rest about 10-25 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 969, Fat 73.2, SaturatedFat 23.5, Cholesterol 227.9, Sodium 203.6, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 0.9, Protein 65.1
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Unfold the lamb and examine how the butcher butterflied it. You may need to further cut it so the meat is of fairly uniform thickness. You may also have to cut it into 2 to 3 smaller, easier to handle portions. Add lamb to plastic bag and marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place lamb on grill over well-heated coals or low-medium flame gas grill. Turn lamb 2 to 3 times while grilling and remove once degree of doneness is achieved (measure with instant-read thermometer). Allow meat to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any/all of the following: 1. Reduced marinade (cook down while grilling meat); 2. Fresh garlic aioli; 3. Raspberry jalapeno sauce (recipe below)
- Serve this to someone who thinks they don't like lamb. It's a huge hit at our annual July 4th barbecue.
- Sweat the garlic, onions and peppers in the butter. Add preserves, stirring constantly until liquefied. Add wine and reduce to syrupy consistency.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERBS
- Lay the lamb out flat and sprinkle with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Put the oil in a baking dish large enough to hold the lamb. Add the lamb and sprinkle on both sides with mustard seed, cumin, garlic, thyme, fennel seeds, rosemary, bay leaves and lemon juice. Turn and rub the lamb so it is evenly coated with the ingredients. Marinate in a cool place for one or two hours, or up to six hours in a refrigerator. If refrigerated, let the lamb return to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or the oven broiler.
- Remove lamb from marinade and reserve marinade. If a grill is used, put the lamb flat on the grill. If the broiler is used, place the lamb under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat. Cook the lamb uncovered on the grill or under the broiler about 15 minutes. Turn and cook 10 to 15 minutes on the second side. For medium or well-done meat, cook longer.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to a boil in a baking pan large enough to hold the lamb, stirring. Remove from heat, and swirl in butter and parsley. Transfer the lamb to the marinade pan, cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Let the meat rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Slice thinly and serve with the pan gravy.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 848, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 62 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 66 grams, SaturatedFat 25 grams, Sodium 1117 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB (MARINADE)
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade 30 minutes before grilling.
- Oil the grill and prepare the coals.
- Drain the marinade from the lamb and reserve. Grill the meat 4" above the coals, about 20 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade. (Check the lamb for doneness after 30 minutes of grilling).
- To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices and arrange on a decorative platter garnished with the lemon quarters and the sprigs of rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579, Fat 44.2, SaturatedFat 15, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 150.9, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42.3
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
Butterflying a leg of lamb produces a more uniform thickness, furthered by pounding, so the meat cooks evenly from end to end. It also creates more surface area for grilling, so that more of the meat takes on a charred taste. In this recipe, the lamb is marinated to infuse it with herbal flavors, but you could simply season it with no more than salt and pepper before grilling.
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare lamb and marinate Cover lamb with plastic wrap. Pound lamb with a meat mallet until it is slightly thicker than 1 inch all over. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Place lamb in a large resealable plastic bag and add remaining marinade, then force out air and seal. Massage the lamb a bit to coat it thoroughly. Set bag on a baking sheet (in case of leaks) in the refrigerator and marinate lamb 8 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Grill Remove lamb from bag and wipe off and discard as much marinade as possible so surface is dry. Let lamb rest at room temperature 1 hour. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high (see Grill Temperature Guidelines, page 162). When it is hot, scrub with a grill brush and sweep lightly with oil. Season lamb on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (press down with tongs initially to make sure the lamb is evenly in contact with grill) until charred in spots, 5 to 6 minutes, rotating the lamb 90 degrees halfway through. Flip the lamb, then brush with some reserved marinade and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 125°F, again rotating it 90 degrees halfway through. This will take 5 to 6 minutes more. Let lamb rest 5 minutes.
- Serve Slice lamb and serve with remaining reserved marinade on the side.
SUE MILLAR PERRY'S GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the wine, soy sauce, oil, garlic and herbs and pour over the lamb in a shallow glass or enamel pan (aluminum will react with acidity in the wine and affect the taste). Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours, turning the lamb occasionally.
- Prepare coals for grilling. Drain the lamb and reserve the marinade. Place the lamb on the grill 4 inches above the coals. Grill 15 minutes per side for rare, or 20 for medium, basting frequently with the marinade. Slice thinly and arrange on a large platter garnished with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 582, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 40 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 1262 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a glass bowl, combine wine, vinegar, garlic, mint, thyme, parsley, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Season both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour marinade over meat, turning to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill, arranging coals for indirect cooking. Lightly coat rack with cooking spray; coals should be hot.
- Remove lamb from marinade; pat dry. Place lamb on hottest part of grill; sear for 5 minutes per side. Move lamb to the cooler part of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn over; cover grill. For medium-rare, cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees. 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove from grill, and let lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve.
BROILED AND SLOW-ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH CUMIN AND GARLIC
Who says making a feast has to take forever? For large gatherings like Passover and Easter, leg of lamb is the roast of choice, and arranged on a platter garnished with herbs, it makes a stunning centerpiece. Buying leg of lamb butterflied from the butcher will leave you time to socialize while it is slow-roasting without worrying about uneven cooking.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano; spread paste on both sides of the lamb and let stand for an hour until meat comes to room temperature.
- Adjust oven rack to upper or upper-middle position (depending on lamb's thickness) and preheat broiler on high for at least 10 minutes.
- Place lamb, cut side up, on a large wire rack set over a foil-lined roasting pan. Broil, moving pan so entire surface browns evenly, about 8 minutes. Turn lamb over; continue to broil until well browned on the other side, about 8 minutes longer. Turn off broiler, remove lamb from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Stick a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the lamb; return it to the oven. Roast for a total of 50 minutes to 1 hour, until thermometer registers a rosy-pink 140 degrees. Check lamb several times after 30 minutes. If lamb gets done sooner, simply turn down oven to 170 degrees until ready to serve.
- As soon as lamb comes out of the oven, squeeze on lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Carve, slicing across the grain when possible. Arrange on a platter, drizzle with accumulated juices, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 105.6 mg, Fat 22.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 29.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 493.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON, HERBS, AND GARLIC
- Make herb rub:
- Finely chop garlic and in a small bowl stir together with remaining herb-rub ingredients.
- Put lamb in a large dish and with tip of a sharp small knife held at a 45-degree angle cut 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb, rubbing herb mixture into slits and all over lamb. Marinate lamb at room temperature 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Lightly pat lamb dry. On a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill lamb about 10 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare. (Alternatively, roast lamb in a roasting pan in middle of a 425°F oven about 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into meat registers 125°F for medium-rare.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board. Halve and seed lemon. Squeeze juice over lamb and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 15 minutes.
- Cut lamb into slices and serve with any juices that have accumulated on cutting board.
More about "grilled butterflied leg of lamb recipes"
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - GRILL MASTER …
5/5 (5)Category Main CourseServings 1Calories 150 per serving
- Gradually whisk in the vinegar until mixture is mostly smooth. Allow to stand for 15 minutes to develop flavors properly.
- Whisk in apple juice concentrate, dry mustard, rosemary, Dijon mustard, and extra virgin olive oil until no lumps remain.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.7/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 929 per serving
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (18)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Dinner, Grill, LambCalories 731 per serving
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLICKY WHITE BEANS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | RICARDO
GOURMET BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE - VERVE MAGAZINE
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - COOKBOOK - APPLIANCE.RECIPES
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
GREEK-STYLE BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE — THE MOM 100
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB, GRILLED ARMENIAN STYLE
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | LINDA'S ITALIAN TABLE
JUICIEST GRILLED LAMB KABOBS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | GRILLING - SERIOUS EATS
BBQ LAMB LEG - BUTTERFLIED, MARINATED AND INDIRECT HEAT COOKED
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GREEK BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG | RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG LAMB RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH A HERB RUB
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED AMERICAN LEG OF LAMB - CASCADE CREEK
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, AND …
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH SOY BALSAMIC MARINADE
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB: SEARED, THEN SLOW, FOR PERFECT DONENESS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH MARINADE - NOBLE PIG
GRILLED AND BRAISED LEG OF LAMB | RICARDO
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY SEA SALT AND …
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH TOMATO-FENNEL VINAIGRETTE …
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB AND VEGETABLES WITH ... - BON APPéTIT
SPICED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - BEST RECIPE
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB MARINATED IN YOGURT - FAMILY SPICE
BUTTERFLIED AND MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
#course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #lamb-sheep #american #oven #barbecue #refrigerator #dinner-party #holiday-event #easter #broil #dietary #meat #equipment #grilling
Wegmans Grilled Butterflied Half Leg of Lamb19K views-03:23
Grilled Butterflied American Lamb Leg with Mint-Pistachio Pesto600 views-02:16
Butterflied Leg Of Lamb | Traeger Grills24K views-01:44
BBQ Butterflied Leg of Lamb | Vitality Recipes | Vitality UK1K views-04:07
Grilled Butterflied American Lamb Leg with Mint Pistachio Pesto144 views-02:16
Grilling a Butterflied Leg of Lamb26K views-01:59
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook butterflied lamb leg?Place butterflied lamb leg in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle directly with salt and black pepper. Now coat the lamb leg with 1/3 cup of the marinade. Turn over and sprinkle other side with salt and pepper. Now spread remaining marinade over lamb. Cover the entire dish with plastic wrap and chill overnight so marinade can penetrate the meat.
How to cook leg of lamb on a charcoal grill?Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb - Directions In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill lamb until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140 degrees for medium rare, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
How to cook lamb tenderloin on the grill?Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add woodchips of choice. Spray with nonstick spray so the lamb doesn’t stick and burn. 9. Remove lamb from marinade, pat lamb dry and place on grill. Keep leftover marinade to the side (don’t throw away!). 10. Grill for 15 minutes.
Can You Grill leg Lamb steaks in yogurt?When your leg lamb has marinated in yogurt overnight, you are ready for the grill. Remove most of the yogurt marinade from the lamb and let it sit to room temperature before grilling. As you can see above, I separated the smaller piece of meat from the larger and grilled them separately. You do not have to do this.