GRILLED PESTO-MARINATED CHICKEN
- Mix together pesto, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, pepper, and salt in a 1-gallon resealable freezer bag. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill over indirect heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.2 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 83.7 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 33.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 772.6 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
PESTO CHICKEN WRAP WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water mixed with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt over the couscous in a small bowl. Cover well and set aside.
- To make the pesto: Combine the garlic, basil, olive oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend well until smooth. Stir in the cheese.
- Toast the walnuts in a small heavy dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until aromatic, watching closely to prevent burning, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble: Heat the tortillas, one at a time, directly on a gas flame, on a grill, or in a hot skillet, turning frequently, until hot and pliable, about 5 to 15 seconds each. Or heat, stacked between 2 damp paper towels, in the microwave for about 10 seconds per tortilla. Distribute 2 tablespoons pesto, 1/2 scant cup couscous, 3/4 to 1 cup chicken, and a quarter of the walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, and peppers evenly over tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll up into a wrap. Complete the wraps with the remaining ingredients. Or if you prefer, prepare all at once, assembly-line style. Cut in half on the bias.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD
This simple chicken salad is highlighted by the sophisticated taste of sun dried tomatoes & asiago cheese. Toasted pine nuts provide the crunch. This would be great on a bed of fresh spinach, in a panini sandwich or on sourdough bread. Developed for the RSC#11 contest.
Provided by Tinkerbell
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish, add chicken stock & white wine.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes to dish (sprinkle them around the chicken so they are soaking in the wine & broth.
- Return to oven & bake uncovered for an additional 10-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove to plate or cutting board & shred using two forks.
- Set chicken aside & chop softened tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In medium bowl stir together mayonnaise, chopped tomatoes, salt & pepper, pine nuts, shallots & asiago cheese.
- Serve on a bed of fresh spinach leaves or sandwich chicken salad mixture & spinach between two slices of fresh bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6, Fat 20.8, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 65.6, Sodium 625.2, Carbohydrate 20.1, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 7.4, Protein 24.6
GRILLED TUNA SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO DRESSING
- Make the dressing: In a blender blend together the garlic, the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the sun-dried tomatoes, the plum tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water until the mixture is smooth and with the motor running add the oil in a stream. Add the sour cream, the coriander, the additional lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and blend the dressing until it is combined well. (The dressing may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled. Let the dressing return to room temperature.)
- In a large bowl toss the mesclun with the tomatoes and the corn and divide the mixture among 4 plates. Brush the tuna on both sides with the oil, season it with salt and pepper, and grill it on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until is cooked to the desired degree. Let the tuna stand for 3 minutes and cut it against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Divide the tuna slices among the salads and pour about 1/4 cup of the dressing over each serving. Serve any remaining dressing separately and garnish the salads with nasturtium blossoms.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH PESTO, RAISINS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Salad With Pesto, Raisins, Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by philip dreger
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 1 recipe, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Coat the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on grill and cook until cooked through.
- Remove chicken breast from grill and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, thinly slice the breasts.
- Transfer to a mixing bowel and add pesto(see steps below for pesto), raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts.
- Mix well to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve or store covered in fridge for up to a day.
- For the pesto.
- Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Process until pureed.
- Pour into bowel and add the cheese and olive oil, stirring until pesto is smooth and creamy.
- Pesto can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days, bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551.4, Fat 33.1, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 108.3, Sodium 771.9, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 10.3, Protein 48.3
More about "grilled chicken salad with pesto raisins sun dried tomatoes recipes"
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES & PESTO …
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED CHICKEN SUN DRIED TOMATO AND AVOCADO …
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN - JZ EATS
PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD - JOYFUL …
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS - GIRL GONE …
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN RECIPES
PESTO GRILLED CHEESE WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES - BUDGET BYTES
BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH PESTO, RAISINS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO DRESSING - FOOD
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD - THE ALMOND EATER
GRILLED CHICKEN MELT WITH PESTO AND SUN DRIED TOMATO SPREAD
GRILLED PESTO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
PESTO CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - JULIANS RECIPES
PESTO CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - SERIOUS …
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA SALAD - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
PESTO CHICKEN & SUN DRIED TOMATO SALAD - PALEO MAGAZINE
GRILLED CHICKEN PESTO PASTA SALAD - FRESH COAST EATS
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO DRESSING
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES - NO ... - NO PLATE …
GRILLED PESTO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, …
DINNER: SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGGIES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SALAD - LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
GRILLED SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN & SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA SALAD
CHICKEN PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO SANDWICH - THE TASTY BALANCE
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH PESTO - THE COZY APRON
PESTO FARMERS MARKET SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN - WHAT'S GABY …
SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN - SULA AND SPICE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD - APPETITES ANONYMOUS
PESTO CHICKEN SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN, SUN-DRIED TOMATO, AND PESTO PIZZA RECIPE
SUN DRIED TOMATO BASIL PESTO CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED & FRESH TOMATO SALSA
BASIL PESTO CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make sun dried tomato pesto pasta salad?Make the sun-dried tomato pesto by combining sun-dried tomatoes in the oil they come in with garlic, basil, Parmesan, garlic and almonds. Blend until smooth. Combine the cooked pasta with the pesto, baby spinach leaves, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, cubed feta cheese, pitted olives and cherry tomatoes and toss. How long does pasta salad last?
Can you make tomato pesto salad ahead of time?This sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad is a delicious, easy summer side dish or simple, vegetarian lunch or dinner plus it can be made ahead! Cook any short pasta shape of your choice (penne, macaroni, fusilli or small shells) in a big pot of salted water then drain and allow to cool.
What is the best way to make pesto sauce?Made with all the pesto essentials and then some, this pesto is bright, pungent, and aromatic. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan in a food processor. Then, watch the magic happen! Now spread that savory pesto on Italian bread and add creamy fontina cheese.