BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calorie, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 4.5 grams, Cholesterol 240 milligrams, Sodium 710 milligrams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 35 grams
GRILLED SHRIMP, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATOES WITH FETA
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Whisk garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Add shrimp, zucchini, and tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Brush wires of grill basket with oil, then add shrimp mixture. Arrange in an even layer and close basket. Place grill basket on grill and cook, turning often, until shrimp is fully cooked through and zucchini and tomatoes are lightly charred, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill pita just until warm and toasted.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl and toss until coated with tomato juices. Divide among plates and top with feta. Serve with pita alongside.
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA
Any recipe that is special enough for company but easy enough for a weeknight meal is a favorite in my book. All you need to finish off the meal is a side salad and crusty French bread to sop up the delicious tomato and wine juices. -Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes., Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in mint. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 191mg cholesterol, Sodium 502mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
This traditional Greek recipe disregards the notion that seafood and cheese don't mix, and it works beautifully, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavors. Though it can be made year round with canned tomatoes, it is sensational with fresh sweet ripe ones, so best prepared in summer. Serve it as a main course with rice or potatoes, or in small portions as an appetizer, taverna-style.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories lunch, salads and dressings, appetizer
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add whole tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, until skins loosen. Immediately plunge tomatoes in a bowl of cold water to cool, then drain. With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins. Cut tomatoes into thick wedges.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Return skillet to stove over medium-high heat. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish.
- Put shrimp in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, season shrimp with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly. Remove from oven and let dish rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 233, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 829 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES
I got this recipe from our "Parade" Magazine. It was very good. I especially liked the vinaigrette. I served it on the side. Instead of radicchio (which my kids hate) I used a bag of Italian blend lettuce. I also halved the amount of mint leaves and used fresh oregano instead of dried. Great dinner for those hot summer nights.
Provided by mary winecoff
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Prepare vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil until thickened.
- Set aside.
- Toss together the shrimp, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, tossing once.
- Thread the shrimp on 12 metal skewers.
- Grill the shrimp over high heat for no more that 2 minutes per side, turning carefully.
- Remove shrimp to a large bowl.
- If using radicchio: Trim the tough white bottom section off each leaf then add the leaves to the shrimp.
- If using bag lettuce just place into large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp along with tomatoes, cheese and mint.
- Toss with vinaigrette.
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Provided by Joanne Weir
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally until soft, 7 minutes. Increase the heat to high. Add the tomatoes, water, oregano, crushed red pepper and vinegar and stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until thick, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and stir together. Simmer until the shrimp are almost firm, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Crumble the feta onto the top and stir together.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
GRILLED TOMATO AND FETA SANDWICH
With perfectly toasted, crisp bread, a slightly warm feta filling, and slices of juicy ripe tomato, this might be the best tomato sandwich I've ever had! The combo of briny feta and sweet tomatoes is amazing. Serve with chips and a cold glass of Pinot Grigio.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Stir mayonnaise, feta cheese, and lemon zest together in a small bowl until well blended. Spread feta mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Top 2 slices of the bread evenly with tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top tomatoes with remaining bread slices, feta-side down. Brush both sides of the sandwich evenly with olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in the hot skillet until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until golden and toasted, about 3 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.9 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Cholesterol 38.6 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 12.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 1066.9 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
SHRIMP WITH TOMATO & FETA
Treat your shrimp dish to a trip to the Mediterranean: Toss it with Italian-style plum tomatoes, oregano and crumbled feta cheese.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook and stir onion in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 3 min. Add tomatoes, wine and oregano; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp. Cook 3 min. or until shrimp are pink, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook 1 min. Stir in parsley. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 240 mg, Sodium 590 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 32 g
SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND FETA CHEESE
This is from the LooneySpoons cookbook by Greta and Janet Podleski. One of my favourite low-fat cookbooks. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about shrimp and feta together but this really delicious. Hope you like it too.
Provided by PennyG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in large skillet or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes, until zucchini is softened.
- Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Bring to a Boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and feta cheese.
- Increase heat to Med-high.
- Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir often.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 786.6, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 189.5, Sodium 554.2, Carbohydrate 131.3, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 9.5, Protein 38.6
More about "grilled shrimp with tomato and feta recipes"
GREEK SHRIMP RECIPE WITH TOMATO AND FETA (W/ VIDEO)
5/5 (28)Calories 190 per servingCategory Seafood
- Pat shrimp dry and place in a large bowl. Season with kosher salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp dry oregano, 1/2 tsp dry dill weed, pinch red pepper flakes, and about 1/2 tsp of minced garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and toss to combine. Set aside for now.
- In a large heavy skillet (I used this cast iron skillet), heat about 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the chopped onion and remaining minced garlic, cook briefly until fragrant (stir regularly.) Add tomatoes and lemon juice, and season with pinch of salt, pepper, and remaining dry oregano and dill. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now add the marinated shrimp. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until pink, do a little stirring if needed (do not over-cook shrimp).
- Stir in fresh mint and parsley leaves. Finish with sprinkle of feta and black olives. If you like, add a splash more lemon juice or more red pepper flakes to your taste.
GRILLED SHRIMP SAGANAKI-STYLE WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES & FETA
Author Jodie Gibson
GRILLED SHRIMP AND FETA SALAD RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
GRILLED SHRIMP PESTO PASTA - RECIPE RUNNER
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | MUTTI
2022-06-03 SHRIMP & FETA SKILLET 12 SERVINGS| ELSIE OGDEN
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA – COLLAB KITCHEN
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - KILKENNEY KITCHEN
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH FETA, TOMATO, AND WATERMELON - RECIPE ...
RECIPE - LEMON-GRILLED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES
SKILLET SHRIMP WITH FETA & TOMATO - TLN
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO AND FETA – RECIPES NETWORK
GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - COOKING CLASSY
GREEK GRILLED SHRIMP KABOBS WITH TOMATOES - COOKIN CANUCK
SHRIMP SAGANAKI (GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA)
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - THE MIDWEST MEDITERRANEAN
SHRIMP WITH TOMATO & FETA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED SHRIMP, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATOES WITH FETA | PUNCHFORK
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA | AN APPETIZING LIFE
TOMATO FETA SHRIMP - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | PBS FOOD
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND GRILLED SOURDOUGH RECIPE - PINCH OF …
ROASTED TOMATOES AND EGGPLANT WITH SHRIMP AND FETA - FLYING ON …
GARLIC SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, PEPPERS AND FETA - THE CATHOLIC …
SPICY BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA CHEESE
OUR 20+ BEST GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
GRILLED SHRIMP - GREEK STYLE WITH FETA CHEESE, TOMATO, GARLIC AND …
SHRIMP FETTUCCINE WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - GIRL GONE GOURMET
GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA CHEESE - RECIPEMAGIK
GRILLED WATERMELON SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - SIDEWALK SHOES
SHRIMP WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, GARLIC AND FETA - JACKIE OURMAN
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES – A COUPLE COOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp on the grill with tomatoes?Place grill basket on grill and cook, turning often, until shrimp is fully cooked through and zucchini and tomatoes are lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, grill pita just until warm and toasted. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl and toss until coated with tomato juices.
How to cook shrimp and feta in the oven?Crumble the feta over the shrimp, and then sprinkle with the oregano. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked. Turn on the broiler. Then, using an oven mitt, carefully transfer the pan to the higher oven rack and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the feta is golden brown in spots.
How do you make a shrimp salad?Toss together the tomatoes, feta, cucumbers and onions. Smash and finely chop the remaining 2 cloves garlic and add it to the veggies. Add the oregano and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Add in the shrimp and toss to combine. Dress the salad with the vinegar and olive oil and season with salt. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before eating.
How to cook shrimp on the stove top?Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and wine; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with feta and basil.