SUMMER BERRY PUDDING
Provided by Chris Ford
Categories Dessert Fourth of July Picnic Quick & Easy Mother's Day Backyard BBQ Summer Family Reunion Shower Party Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line pan with plastic wrap. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Combine all berries, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a large pot. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set berry sauce aside.
- Spread bread slices with butter. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread slices.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup warm berry sauce over bottom of pan. Line pan with a single layer of bread, cutting to fit as needed. Pour 1 1/2 cups berry sauce over. Repeat layering 2 more times. Pour any remaining sauce over. Cover with plastic. Set a plate slightly smaller than pan on top of pudding to weigh down, keeping bread submerged. Chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Remove plate and plastic from top of pudding. Invert onto a plate. Release pan sides; remove pan and plastic.
BERRY SUMMER PUDDING
Got soft white bread? Berries? Good: you're all set to make this dessert, which can brighten even the warmest summer night. The making of this dish takes almost no time, but the pudding has to be refrigerated at least 6 hours or overnight. So make it up in the morning, have some fun in the sun and it will be ready for after dinner. Serve with heavy cream or ice cream.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- To make the pudding, combine berries, sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and berries release their juices, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. The sauce should be sweet, with a hint of tartness. Adjust with more sugar or lemon juice as needed. Stir in rosewater if using
- Spoon an even layer of berry syrup (not the berries themselves) in the bottom of an 8-inch loaf pan or a medium-size bowl. Line bottom of pan or bowl with a single layer of bread; cut bread into pieces as necessary to make it fit. Spoon 1/3 of the fruit on top of bread, making sure bread is completely coated; top with a layer of bread. Repeat twice more, alternating layers of fruit with layers of bread, ending up with bread as the top layer. Let mixture cool completely, then wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap. Place a light weight on top of the pudding. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run a knife around sides of summer pudding, then turn it over onto a plate to unmold. Serve in slices with cream or ice cream on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 218, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 204 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED SUMMER BERRY PUDDING
Barney Desmazery's hot berry dish is a delicious low-fat alternative to the traditional pudding
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the grill to high. Lay the slices of bread slightly overlapping in a shallow flameproof dish. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp of the sugar in an even layer over the bread and grill for about two minutes until the bread is toasted and the sugar is just starting to caramelise. Mix the cornflour into the fromage frais.
- Pile the fruit down the middle of the bread and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of the sugar. Drop spoonfuls of the fromage frais mixture on top, then sprinkle the rest of the sugar over evenly.
- Put the dish as close to the heat as you can and grill for about 6-8 minutes, until the fromage frais has browned and everything else is starting to bubble and turn juicy. Leave it to sit for a minute or two, then serve hot, spooned straight from the dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.45 milligram of sodium
PEACH AND BERRY SUMMER PUDDING
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup of water in a large saucepan and cook uncovered over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 half-pints of the raspberries and all of the blueberries and peaches and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute. Off the heat, stir in the remaining raspberries and the framboise.
- Slice the bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices and remove the crusts. In the bottom of a 7 1/2-inch round by 3-inch high soufflé or baking dish, ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooked fruit mixture. Arrange slices of bread on top in a pattern (this will become the top when the pudding is unmolded) and then add more fruit mixture to saturate. Continue adding bread, cutting it to fit the mold, and fruit. Finish with bread and cooked fruit, using all of the fruit and syrup.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap loosely over the pudding. Find a plate approximately the same diameter as the inside of the mold and place it on top. Weight the mold with a heavy can and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, run a knife around the outside of the pudding and unmold it upside down onto a serving plate. Serve in wedges with whipped cream.
- Whip the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. When it starts to thicken, add the sugar and vanilla. Continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks. Serve cold.
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Special Equipment: Cheesecloth; heavy can or weight
- Coarsely chop the strawberries and put them and the other berries in a sauce pan. Add the sugar and salt and cook over high heat until the berries are heated and just giving up there juices. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a blender, puree the simple syrup with 2 pints of raspberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Line a 2-quart pudding mold or deep bowl with cheesecloth. Dip both sides of some of the bread slices in the raspberry puree and arrange around the sides and bottom of the mold. Soak the remaining slices in the berry puree and layer with the cooked berries. Repeat and end with a bread layer on top.
- Using a plate that fits just inside the top of the mold, place it on top of the pudding. Put the mold in a pan and weight the plate. Refrigerate the pudding overnight.
- To serve, un-mold the pudding onto a serving platter, remove the cheesecloth and serve with scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle a little salt on top of ice cream for that hand-churned affect of homemade ice cream.
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING
- In a large saucepan, add the fruit (reserving a few berries for garnish). Add the sugar and cook until the fruit is starting to release some liquid, is tender and beginning to burst, but still holds its shape, about 5 minutes.
- Line a large 6-cup pudding bowl with plastic wrap, allowing lots of overhang.
- Remove the crusts from 10 to 12 slices of bread. Press the bread slices briefly in the juices at the top of the berries in the pot then lay them into the bowl, juice-side down, ensuring there are no spaces. Use smaller pieces to overlap or close gaps in spaces, as needed.
- Remove the berries from the heat, and cool slightly. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the fruit into the bread-lined bowl, and top with a final layer of bread and spoon a bit more of the juices over the top to color the top layer of bread evenly. Reserve the remaining cooking juices for serving. Cover with the plastic wrap and place a plate over the top. Add a large heavy can or a 2-pound weight to the plate and let sit at least 8 hours, or overnight, refrigerated.
- On serving, whip the cream until soft peaks just begin to form. Add the sugar and whip until almost stiff.
- Gently invert the bowl onto a large serving dish, shaking it lightly to loosen. Peel the plastic wrap off, and spoon the reserved juice all over, to soak any bits of bread that still look white. Serve with a bowl of whipped cream on the side, or cut individual wedges, and add a dollop of cream and a berry or two for garnish.
BERRY SUMMER PUDDING FROM WOMAN'S WORLD 6/22/09
Very easy summer treat! For an extra treat, stir 2 Tbsp orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier, into the pureed berry mixture.
Provided by PMHawk
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Coat 2-1/2 quart (7 1/2"x3") souffle dish with cooking spray; line with plastic wrap leaving 6" overhang.
- Cut the angel food cake into 16 pieces; reserve. Stir 2 pkgs jello into 1 1/2 cups boiling water until dissolved; stir in 1 1/2 cups white grape juice.
- Toss 8 cups assorted berries with jello (cut the strawberries into quarters).
- In a blender, puree 1/4 of berry mixture; stir back into jello mixture.
- With slotted spoon transfer 1/2 the berry mixture to dish.
- Top with 1/2 the cake slices in even layer; press down.
- Repeat with remaining berry mixture and cake. Pour any remaining liquid over pudding; fold over plastic wrap. Place 7" plate over pudding; top with heavy can.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Open plastic wrap and invert pudding onto plate; remove plastic wrap.
- If desired, garnish with whipped topping, berries and mint.
DOUBLE-BERRY SUMMER PUDDINGS
Categories Berry Dairy Dessert Summer Chill Bon Appétit Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line six 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflé dishes with plastic wrap, overlapping sides by at least 2 inches. Using 2 1/2- to 2 3/4-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out 1 round from each of 12 bread slices. Place 1 bread round in bottom of each custard cup. Cut remaining 6 bread slices into 1-inch-wide strips. Line sides of custard cups with bread strips, trimming to fit and lining cups completely.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups raspberries and 2 1/2 cups blackberries, sugar, currant jelly, 1/4 cup water and lemon juice in large saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium; sim-mer until berries soften and begin to release juices, about 5 minutes (some berries will fall apart). Divide warm berry mixture among bread-lined cups, reserving 1/2 cup juices. Cover berry mixture with remaining 6 bread rounds, pressing down slightly. Pour 1/2 cup berry juices over puddings. Fold in plastic overhang. Place small plates atop puddings; weight down with cans. Chill overnight.
- Remove cans and plates. Unfold plastic wrap. Invert puddings onto plates; remove plastic. Spoon Vanilla Whipped Cream alongside. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.
DOUBLE-BERRY SUMMER PUDDING
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring frozen strawberries and boysenberries to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil until slightly thickened and reduced to 1 1/2 cups, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Mix in brandy.
- Line 3-cup soufflé dish with plastic wrap. Cut cake into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips. Line bottom of dish then sides with cake strips, pressing and adjusting as needed to fit strips closely together. Trim cake to 1/2-inch overhang over top rim if necessary. Mix 1/2 cup diced cake trimmings into fruit mixture. Spoon fruit mixture into prepared dish. Cover top of fruit filling with cake and press gently to compress. Wrap pudding tightly with plastic, pressing down again on top to compress. Chill overnight.
- Unwrap pudding and turn out onto plate. Peel off plastic. Cut pudding into 4 pieces. Place pudding on each of 4 plates. Spoon yogurt over as sauce. Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.
RASPBERRY SUMMER PUDDING (ENGLISH STYLE)
For best results, you will need to make this divine dessert the day before you plan to serve it.
Provided by CRAZYCRASH
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland English
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and raspberries. Cook, stirring carefully so as not to damage the berries, until the mixture is hot, and the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Line a 1 quart bowl with 5 slices of bread. Pour the raspberry mixture over the bread, and place the last slice of bread on top. Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap. Place a weight on top of the bowl (canned goods work well), and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove plastic wrap, and invert onto a plate. Serve chilled, with whipped cream on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 631.7 calories, Carbohydrate 142 g, Cholesterol 15.2 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 9.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 366.6 mg, Sugar 109.5 g
More about "grilled summer berry pudding recipes"
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - VICTORIA
120 SUMMER GRILLING RECIPES YOU'LL COOK ALL SEASON LONG
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING VEGAN RECIPE - ELLEN KANNER
PLUM AND BERRY SUMMER PUDDINGS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST ROAD GRILL'S SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPES - FOOD …
3.4/5 (7)Category Bbq,Berries,Dessert,Dinner,Grill
SUMMER PUDDING | BERRY PUDDING - MAKE BREAD
SUMMER BERRY AND PLUM PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - DESSERT RECIPES - DELISH
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED RECIPE
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - THRIFTY FOODS
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING | BAKING MAD
15 BEST SUMMER GRILLING MENUS | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - RECIPES LIST
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GORGEOUS SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BEST SUMMER BERRY PUDDINGS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MIXED BERRY PUDDING (AKA SUMMER PUDDING) FROM MJ'S KITCHEN
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPE - COOKING IN STILETTOS
GUSTO TV - SUMMER BERRY PUDDING
RECIPE: SUMMER BERRY PUDDING | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
SUMMER PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
GRILLED SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - UNIVERSITY OF EXETER
BRITISH BERRY SUMMER PUDDING - CULINARY GINGER
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - COOKIE MADNESS
SUMMER BERRY PUDDING – SMITTEN KITCHEN
MIXED BERRY SUMMER PUDDING WITH SHORTBREAD - DRISCOLL'S
GRILLED SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED SUMMER BERRY PUDDING - MASTERCOOK
BREAKFAST BERRY SUMMER PUDDING RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
BEST SUMMER BERRY PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
20+ BERRY DESSERT RECIPES TO MAKE ALL SUMMER | EATINGWELL
GRILLED SUMMER BERRY PUDDING | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, FOOD, RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is summer berry pudding?Summer Berry Pudding is traditionally created with bread and ripe berries soaked in a sugar syrup and assembled in a pudding bowl. Once chilled the dessert is turned onto a serving plate then served. The ingredients are few, ideally using fresh ripe berries is best, but if you prefer you can use frozen or a combination of both.
How do you make a berry pudding?Serve with heavy cream or ice cream. To make the pudding, combine berries, sugar and ⅓ cup water in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and berries release their juices, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. The sauce should be sweet, with a hint of tartness.
How do you cook berries on a grill?300g mixed summer berries (we used raspberries, blueberries, redcurrants, sliced strawberries) or 300g/10oz frozen berries, defrosted Preheat the grill to high. Lay the slices of bread slightly overlapping in a shallow flameproof dish.
How do you top a strawberry cake with pudding?Top the cake with about 1/2 of the prepared pudding. Add some sliced strawberries around the edge of the trifle dish, where you’ll be putting the berries. Fill in the layer with about 1/2 a cup of each kind of berry. Top the berries with about half of the cool whip and spread into an even layer.