PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken breasts, salt, pepper, sundried tomatoes, pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese, oil
Provided by Vaughn Vreeland
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a cutting board, salt and pepper both sides of each chicken breast with approximately ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, per side.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally along the side to create a pocket for the filling.
- Stuff each breast with approximately one third of mozzarella cheese, one tablespoon pesto and four sundried tomatoes. If the chicken breast does not close fully with the filling, try securing with a wooden toothpick.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry for about 5-8 minutes, per side, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 575 calories, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 57 grams, Sugar 9 grams
PESTO-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large, rimmed sheet pan with foil. Place wire rack on top of foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix pesto and Parmesan cheese. In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. Spoon about 2 rounded tablespoons pesto mixture into pocket in each chicken breast. Brush olive oil on both sides of chicken, and place on rack. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and stuffing in chicken reaches internal temperature of 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat tomatoes to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 to 8 minutes, pressing with wooden spoon to break down tomatoes, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; cover pan to keep warm.
- Brush chicken breasts with balsamic vinegar; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 50 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1000 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
BAKED PESTO CHICKEN BREASTS
A simple yet so tasty dish served with salad, rice or even chips!
Provided by sweetunique
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking dish with parchment or foil.
- Take the chicken breasts and smother them in the pesto on all sides. Use 4 to 8 spoonfuls of pesto, depending on your taste. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, quickly take the chicken breasts out of the oven and sprinkle with half the mozzarella, then with chopped tomato, followed by fresh chopped herbs then the remainder of the Mozzarella.
- Place the chicken back in the oven and cook a further 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is done and no longer pink, and the cheese is melted.
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRUYERE & MUSHROOMS
- 1. Cut boned breasts into strips.
- 2. Marinate in egg and salt mixture for 1 hour.
- 3. Roll chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- 4. Brown lightly in butter in small pan.
- 5. Transfer to 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 6. Slice mushrooms over chicken.
- 7. Sprinkle cheese over mushrooms.
- 8. Pour chicken stock over all.
- 9. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 10. Pour fresh lemon juice over casserole just before serving.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRUYERE & PESTO
A rich and sophisticated-sounding dish that uses ready-made pesto sauce as a time-saver. A great special occasion or company dish.
Provided by Daily Inspiration S
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper. Mix gruyere cheese, pesto, pine nuts, and green onions in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast and roll tightly. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Saute chicken breasts in heated oil at medium-high heat until golden brown, turning occasionally, for approximately 6 minutes.
- 3. Place chicken in pan and bake until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
PESTO-STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Evenly stuff pocket of each chicken breast with 1 slice mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon pesto.
- Beat together eggs and remaining 1 tablespoon pesto in a bowl. Place Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then coat with Parmesan cheese. Place coated chicken breast onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices are running clear, 20 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.5 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 217.2 mg, Fat 30 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 52.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 1027.1 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
GRUYERE AND PESTO FILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
A sophisticated sounding dish that uses ready-made pesto sauce as a time-saver. A great special occasion or company dish.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper. Mix gruyere cheese, pesto, pine nuts, and green onions in a small bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast and roll tightly. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Saute chicken breasts in heated oil at medium-high heat until golden brown, turning occasionally, for approximately 6 minutes.
- Place chicken in pan and bake until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
PESTO AND CHEESE-FILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch. Combine goat cheese, pesto and shallot in small bowl; mix well. Spread boned side of chicken breast with scant 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Starting at one long side of chicken breast, roll up tightly, jelly roll style. Repeat with remaining chicken and cheese mixture.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Fry chicken breast in olive oil until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes. Place skillet with chicken in oven and bake until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
GRUYERE AND SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees In each chicken breast place 1/4 of cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomato Roll chicken breasts with mixture and secure with tooth picks Heat oil in oven proof skillet until shimmering Brown chicken approx. 5 min per side Place skilet with breast into preheated oven for 30 min Remove chicken and keep warm. Deglaze skillet with wine, add capers and reduce by 1/2 Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli
More about "gruyere and pesto filled chicken breasts recipes"
10 BEST BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS WITH PESTO RECIPES - YUMMLY
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRUYERE PESTO RECIPES
PESTO MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS (WITH ...
4.5/5 (81)Calories 585 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
MUSHROOM STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 684 per serving
- Add the butter and finely chopped garlic to the pan, cook over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant.
CHEESY PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN - LEMON TREE DWELLING
4.6/5 (14)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 354 per serving
- Slice each chicken breast along one side to create a pocket. Be sure not to cut the chicken breasts all the way through.
- Stuff each pocket with 1 slice provolone cheese and 1-2 Tbsp. pesto. Pinch chicken breasts closed and use toothpicks to secure.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
GRUYERE-STUFFED CHICKEN W ... - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main Dish RecipesTotal Time 50 mins
- If the chicken breasts have the tenderloins attached, remove them and reserve for another use. Gently pound the breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch. Season with salt and pepper and a little ground nutmeg.
- Place a portion of shredded cheese toward the center of each chicken breast and, starting from the narrower of the two ends, roll tightly and secure with a toothpick. Use your fingers to tuck in the open ends of the roll as best you can.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a shallow dish. Combine the breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of salt, some freshly ground pepper and about 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, then spread them on a plate.
PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST & LEMON BASIL ... - PLATTER TALK
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 250 per serving
- Cut a small slit in the side of each chicken breast to form a small pocket, being careful not to cut through to the other side of the chicken.
GRUYERE STUFFED CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON
Category DinnerTotal Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- First you need to stuff your chicken thighs with a piece of gruyere cheese or any other vegetable you choose. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil and place your chicken. Let it brown for a few minutes. Remove your chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, mix the chicken broth, flour and wine (optional). Cook in medium heat for a couple of minutes. Mix well.
CHICKEN BREASTS STUFFED WITH PESTO ... - CHEF SHANNON SMITH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST - VEENA AZMANOV
Ratings 2Calories 486 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
CHICKEN GRUYERE CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH AND ... - TASTY KITCHEN
GRUYERE AND PESTO FILLED CHICKEN BREASTS - PLAIN.RECIPES
PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS - CLASSIC-RECIPES
GRUYERE AND PESTO FILLED CHICKEN BREASTS- TFRECIPES
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRUYERE & PESTO | RECIPE ...
GRUYERE AND PESTO FILLED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #poultry #american #easy #dinner-party #cheese #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken breast with pesto?In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. Spoon about 2 rounded tablespoons pesto mixture into pocket in each chicken breast. Brush olive oil on both sides of chicken, and place on rack. Sprinkle with salt.
How do you make pesto and Parmesan chicken thighs?In small bowl, mix pesto and Parmesan cheese. In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. Spoon about 2 rounded tablespoons pesto mixture into pocket in each chicken breast.
How to cook chicken parmesan with pesto and egg?Beat together eggs and remaining 1 tablespoon pesto in a bowl. Place Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then coat with Parmesan cheese. Place coated chicken breast onto the prepared baking sheet.
What to make with gruyere cheese?Chicken Gruyere with Sauteed Mushrooms. "Chicken breasts are browned in butter, then baked with mushrooms, onion, and white wine. The finishing touch is an exquisite layer of melted Gruyere cheese on the top. If you enjoy rich French cooking then you will love this recipe. Serve hot over rice.". Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.