HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS
Bread flour, yogurt, and hints of honey go into the dough for these whole wheat English muffins that are toasted with ghee and finished in the oven. Muffins will keep for 5 to 7 days in an airtight container.
Provided by Smart Cookie
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl and let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Combine bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Warm yogurt and milk to room temperature in microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Combine yeast mixture, yogurt, milk, butter, and honey in the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Turn mixer to lowest speed and slowly add the flour mixture. Increase speed to medium; beat until dough is smooth and sticky, about 5 minutes. Turn dough out into a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly dust a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 8 square pieces or use a 4-inch round cookie cutter.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Place 4 of the muffins in the skillet, cover with a lid, and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and flip muffins with a spatula. Cover again and cook until the other side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and lightly press into the cornmeal to coat. Repeat using remaining muffins and ghee.
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then split with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 529.4 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
WHOLE-WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS
Yes, it is worth your while to make English muffins from scratch. Not only is the texture lighter and crisper, homemade muffins taste better, too - yeasty, wheaty, complex. You will need to sear these muffins on the stove top before baking. That's what gives them their unique crunch on their bottoms. This recipe does not require muffin rings, but if you have them and would like to use them, go right ahead. Just add a few minutes onto the baking time to accommodate the muffins' increased thickness. Then fork-split them, toast and serve with plenty of butter. After all, that's what those crevices are made for.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 6 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl combine yeast and 1/3 cup warm water (80 milliliters) and let rest until yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and put it in a large bowl. Whisk in yogurt, milk, honey, salt and the yeast mixture.
- Add flours and baking soda to bowl and beat thoroughly with a spoon or rubber spatula until well combined. Cover bowl and let rest in a warm spot for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until dough has doubled.
- Heat oven 350 degrees. Lightly dust a small baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Using a large ice cream scoop or 1/2 cup measuring cup, drop batter into skillet to form round muffins about 4 inches in diameter, mounding the batter in the center. (You may need to coax the dough a little with your fingers, so be careful of the hot pan, and don't worry if they're not perfectly circular.) Repeat until you have 3 muffins, leaving the rest of the batter for a second batch. Reduce heat to low. Cover skillet with lid or baking sheet and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown. (Be careful not to let them burn.)
- Uncover skillet and flip muffins using a spatula. Cover again and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until the other sides are golden brown. Place muffins on prepared baking sheet. Repeat using remaining batter and another tablespoon of butter.
- Bake muffins for 6 to 9 minutes, or until puffed and cooked through. Split the muffins with a fork and toast before eating.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 253, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 225 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "honey whole wheat english muffins recipes"
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - HANDLE THE HEAT
4.9/5 (8)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- In a small saucepan heat the milk and butter just until the butter has melted. Let the mixture cool until just warm, no hotter than 125°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the milk and butter with the egg and honey. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium and knead for 1 minute. The dough will be sticky and wet but should form a cohesive ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll out to 3/4-inch thickness. Use a 3 1/2-inch round cutter to cut out English muffin shapes, re-rerolling the dough as needed. Place the dough rounds on a cornmeal dusted baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes, or until puffy.
HONEY WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsServings 12Calories 200 per serving
- Beat until the dough is glossy, about 6 to 8 minutes., Cover the bowl, and let dough rise at warm room temperature until doubled in size, about 90 minutes., Preheat both the oven and a griddle or heavy skillet to 350°F (medium high heat).
- Grease metal muffin rings., Place rings on the griddle, and sprinkle a little cornmeal or semolina into each; this will give muffins their traditional crust., Scoop 1/3 cup of dough into each ring and spread the dough to the edge of the ring. (wet your fingers to stop the dough from sticking to them).
HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD - GOOD CHEAP EATS
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory BreadCalories 185 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, and baking soda.
- In a glass, microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, water, and honey and heat. Heat in the microwave until warm to the touch. Add this to the dry mixture and stir. Add the unbleached flour and beat until smooth. The dough will be very stiff and sticky.
- Separate the dough into two portions. It helps to have wet hands. Spread each portion in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle cornmeal over each.
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS (HEALTHY ... - EL MUNDO EATS
- Add all of the ingredients in a standing mixer bowl machine, using the dough hook. Mix everything together and then knead for 5 minutes. The dough will be sticky, don't worry.
- Using a dough scrapper, scrap the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover it tightly with a cling film. Leave for the dough to rise until double its size, around 1 hour.
- Place the risen dough on a working surface and cut it into 8 equal pieces. Form each pieces into a ball and flatten them slightly with your fingers. Place them on a baking tray with a parchment paper and some sprinkled semolina. Cover with a cling film and leave until they double their size, around 30 minutes.
- Note: Since this is a sticky dough, I'd recommend you to lightly grease your dough scrapper and your hand when working with it.
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT®
Reviews 49Calories 125 per servingCategory Yeast Bread
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk and honey over low heat until it reaches 105-115ºF. Remove from heat, stir in the yeast and set aside for 5 mins. Whisk in the egg and melted butter.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with the dough hook attachment. Turn the mixer on low speed and gradually pour the yeast mixture into the flour.
- Continue to beat on low until all the flour is incorporated, stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Turn the speed up to medium and mix for about 4 minutes, until the dough is smooth and sticky.
- Scrape the dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Brush a little oil over the top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
HONEY WHEAT MUFFINS - THE BEST WHOLE ... - COOKIES AND CUPS
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory MuffinsCalories 242 per serving
- In a large bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder.
CINNAMON RAISIN HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ... - A KITCHEN ADDICTION
5/5 (4)Total Time 2 hrs 23 minsCategory BreadCalories 317 per serving
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, water, and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Beat in medium speed until flour is completely mixed in, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple of times. Add raisins to dough and beat until just combined.
- Switch out paddle attachment for the dough hook. Turn mixer to medium-high until dough is smooth and starts to pull away for the edges of the bowl. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Scoop dough into a buttered or oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
Ratings 11Calories 292 per servingCategory Breakfast
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk and butter over medium heat until the butter has just melted. Let the milk cool for several minutes until it's lukewarm.
- In a stand mixer with the dough attachment, combine the milk and butter with the egg and dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. Allow it to mix on medium speed for an additional minute. This can also be accomplished without a stand mixer, by combining the ingredients in a bowl and then kneading the dough briefly.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to approximately 3/4-inch thickness (they will puff up while cooking). Use a round cutter (approximately 3 3/4 inches) to cut the english muffins, re-rolling the dough as needed. Place the cut dough on a baking sheet dusted with semolina flour or cornmeal. Cover the baking sheet with a towel and allow the dough to rest for a minimum of 20 minutes, up to 90 minutes.
HONEY WHOLE-WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (71)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsServings 12Calories 104 per serving
- Microwave buttermilk until warm, about 30 seconds. Stir in sugar and yeast. Set aside until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Stir in honey, butter, flour, and salt. Beat on low for 2 minutes, scraping down sides after 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth, 7 minutes. (Dough will be sticky.) Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic and set in a warm, draft-free place until doubled, 1½ to 2 hours.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a 1-inch-thick rectangle. Fold into thirds like a letter, cover with plastic, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal. Cut dough into 12 pieces. Roll each into a ball, place on baking sheet, and pat into a 1-inch-thick disk, turning to coat in cornmeal. Cover with plastic; let rest until puffy, 30 to 40 minutes.
TENDER WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - THE COUNTRY BASKET
5/5 (1)Category BreadsServings 21Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
5/5 Ratings 4Reviews 4Total Time 2 hrs See details »
100% WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
HOMEMADE HONEY WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - KITCHEN JOY
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - TASTY KITCHEN
5/5 See details »
HOW TO MAKE HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - YOUTUBE
See details »
BREAD MACHINE WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - NO GETTING OFF ...
4.8/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 12Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- When the dough is completed, knead it a few times on a cutting board, then roll it out and cut into about 15 muffins.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ... - …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
ENGLISH MUFFINS WHOLE WHEAT RECIPES
See details »
HONEY WHOLE-WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE | RECIPE ...
See details »
HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
See details »
WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPES
See details »
WHOLE-WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS ...
See details »
KING ARTHUR WHEAT FLOUR RECIPES
See details »
HONEY WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFINS - ENGLISH MUFFIN RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love